Pumpkin

Joining husband who will be stationed overseas. Is it possible to expedite naturalization while still on 2-yr conditional GC?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pumpkin said:

UPDATE!!

Sorry I haven't posted lately! I've been busy with other stuff for the upcoming PCS (I've been dealing with one problem after another...ugh...) and there isn't much to update since I've mostly been waiting.

Anyway, the same IO I've been in contact with has been calling me for updates about my ROC. He called me on Oct. 14 and again on Oct. 15 since he really wanted to get the ball rolling with the ROC and Naturalization, but he couldn't do anything since my ROC application was still not processed. He suggested an option of me just reprinting my entire application and bringing it with me to the ASC. I was fine with that (but confused if this was even allowed) so he said he'll call me back after he asks his boss if we could go this route. He said he'd give me a call back the following week to see if we can go ahead with this. But on Oct. 16 my bank notified me that I was charged by USCIS for the ROC filing fee. A few hours later that same day, I received a text with my receipt #. On Oct. 19, I received the notice in the mail (stating my green card is good for 18 more months after expiry, etc). I called the IO which went to voice mail so I left a message telling him my ROC application finally got processed and told him I have the receipt #. Oct. 20, he called me back and asked for the receipt # and told me he'll call me back with an interview date as soon as he gets my files.

So for now, more waiting, but it all seems to be looking good. :)

My husband is still moving to Italy on Oct. 28 but I still haven't finalized my flight tickets because I don't wanna be forced to travel when I'm not 100% sure yet that I'm good to go. I don't really mind a slight delay by a week or two since we were never going to travel together anyway since he's heading to Italy from S. Korea and I'm going there from the US.

I'll update again when there are any more changes/progress!

Hey Pumpkin! I’m glad that IO is very involved in your case, makes it more easier. You know someone is working on it! I hope all goes well for you. 

As for me, we finally have a permanent address here so I will be applying soon once we are settled. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pumpkin said:

UPDATE!!

Sorry I haven't posted lately! I've been busy with other stuff for the upcoming PCS (I've been dealing with one problem after another...ugh...) and there isn't much to update since I've mostly been waiting.

Anyway, the same IO I've been in contact with has been calling me for updates about my ROC. He called me on Oct. 14 and again on Oct. 15 since he really wanted to get the ball rolling with the ROC and Naturalization, but he couldn't do anything since my ROC application was still not processed. He suggested an option of me just reprinting my entire application and bringing it with me to the ASC. I was fine with that (but confused if this was even allowed) so he said he'll call me back after he asks his boss if we could go this route. He said he'd give me a call back the following week to see if we can go ahead with this. But on Oct. 16 my bank notified me that I was charged by USCIS for the ROC filing fee. A few hours later that same day, I received a text with my receipt #. On Oct. 19, I received the notice in the mail (stating my green card is good for 18 more months after expiry, etc). I called the IO which went to voice mail so I left a message telling him my ROC application finally got processed and told him I have the receipt #. Oct. 20, he called me back and asked for the receipt # and told me he'll call me back with an interview date as soon as he gets my files.

So for now, more waiting, but it all seems to be looking good. :)

My husband is still moving to Italy on Oct. 28 but I still haven't finalized my flight tickets because I don't wanna be forced to travel when I'm not 100% sure yet that I'm good to go. I don't really mind a slight delay by a week or two since we were never going to travel together anyway since he's heading to Italy from S. Korea and I'm going there from the US.

I'll update again when there are any more changes/progress!

Hi pumpkin! Yeah the same.. i haven't been online too that mich since its all been waiting till my interview.

I was really disappointed when they said i couldn't change the date to an earlier one and that i had to have the commander write a letter to our local uscis field office and then send it via snail mail. I calculated that if i did that.. it might just be november 2 anyway. So just live with it. 

then last friday morning when we went to san diego for some immunizations for japan and my husband's dental i got an email from the uscis that they cancelled my interview. So i quickly checked my status and it showed cancelled and i was panicking like hell. Hahaha. I called up the military hotline to ask and luckily they said they moved it up to oct 26. So then i was excited. Hehehe. 

Anyway, yeah the past few days have been busy for me as well. My ub pack and pick up arrived. It was stressful see them pack everything up. Specially all my breakable blue and white ceramic collection and all my other ceramic stuff with just brown paper!!! It made me panic as hell. Hahaha. So i understand when you're also so busy. 

I'm really so happy you have a nice io/local field office uscis officer that keeps on checking on you. Mine doesn't at all. But i hope that they make up for it for the interview till naturalization certificate. Hehehe. At least he's all nice. And its great that he always follows up your case (a lot of them don't do that at all). And  i'm happy he's like really working your case (like trying to find ways) because like i said a lot of officers don't do that at all and they want you to actually do it for them and spell things out.

Oh i didn't do roc so that's why i didn't know you had to do the roc by sending it in through the military address one and i'm happy that it came through and that you got the receipt right away. I hope that he gets your case right away so they can schedule your interview soon. I'm crossing my fingers for ya. Its been wild and crazy ride for you though. Hehehe. And i wish you better luck with your move. Hhg is coming soon too. So its just stressful. And wishing we both get through our first pcs well! 

Oh i forgot to ask.. does your country accept your dual citizenship right away? Some countries do and some don't. And mine doesn't so i couldn't use my philippine passport until i do my dual citizenship ceremony and oath taking then i can use my old passport that was issued last feb 2019. I called the passport place and i'm scheduling an appointment as soon as i get my naturalization certificate. Its a 1 day thing. Apply in the morning and get by lunch time and i'm doing it in the passport office/center/where they make it. When you're military they will make an exception for you. So you can do that. 

But yeah hope you get to move to italy as soon as you can so you can be together with your husband the soonest! 

Looking forward to your updates!

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

EAD:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

AP:

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Iscir said:

Wow that’s awesome! How exciting!!  I wish you all the best, and I hope you get same day oath! Please let us know how it goes! Also, I’m sorry if I missed it , but where will you be interviewing? I have to choose where to have my interview and I have read here on visajourney some offices are better when you apply via 319B. 

Hey iscir! Thanks thanks soo much!!! I appreciate it.

Ina 319 b isn't as rare as it was before. A lot of uscis local field offices know about it already. Though i still believe some may be ignorant. You know how it is here, you can never tell. And its always best to be a girlscout/boy scout and be prepared. I think anywhere where there are military bases near then they know how to handle it. 

My local field office is imperial california. It services naf el centro base and the marine base in yuma arizona. So there are a few that do this ina 319b here. In fact i have met one marine wife from yuma that actually did the ina 319b in imperial california local field office and is already in iwakuni japan on where our new base will be and she did it last dec-january and she got her green card november from her k1 and she also just arrived here last year from k1. 

So i would suggest if you do it, you choose a place near a us passport place. In my case san diego passport place is near and i can do a 1 day/same day passport process. San diego uscis field office is used to alot of navy and marine ina 319b's as well since there are tons of bases there. So you can consider san diego too + lots of nice places to eat and visit.  

But yeah choose a place you can also enjoy on the times you have to wait. 

Oh and lots of the places now also do the 14 day quarantine. So be here those 14 days before you interview so they don't make you walk away like how the other people did and got so upset cause their schedules got changed because of this. 

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

Timeline

Hey iscir and pumpkin!

I'm soo nervous my interview is already on monday morning! I'm both excited and also worried/stressed out. Hahaha! 

I just got off the phone with department of state trying to schedule my passport appointment in san diego passport center for tuesday morning and hopefully i get it the same day. So that wednesday i can go to yuma arizona to do my no fee passport. 

Anyway new updates:

My N400 INA 319(b)
(Local Field Office: Imperial California)
Case Updates:

Sept 4 - I sent in my N400 under INA 319(b) Package to the Chicago Military Address via UPS.

Sept 5 - The N400 under INA 319(b) Packet arrived but the Chicago office was closed so UPS had to redeliver.

Sept 8 - UPS redelivered my N400 under INA 319(b) after the holiday and was signed for by the USCIS officer by 7:28am.

Sept 16 - The USCIS deposited my Chase Bank Cashier's check and then sent me a NOA 1 (Notice of Action 1 in my mail/address).

Sept 18 - The USCIS sent me a text message with the case number receipt (Friday night).

Sept 21 - I called the military hotline to expedite my case (Monday morning).

Sept 22 - The USCIS gave me a receipt for my expedite in my e-mail. That afternoon I also sent an e-mail request for expedite for extra measure. They approved my expedite that afternoon even before I sent my e-mail since i wasn't sure they accepted my expedite request and just sent me a receipt. But when I called to ask, the USCIS officer said it was already approved.

Sept 23 - I got my hard copy NOA 1 in my mail.

Sept 24 - The USCIS scheduled my biometrics appointment.

Sept 25 - I got the softcopy biometrics appointment letter in my documents page in my uscis account/website. My biometrics appointment is scheduled for Oct 13, 2020.

Sept 28 - I walked in my local USCIS ASC office and finished my biometrics. As soon as I walked out of the USCIS ASC door, my status changed to the USCIS is actively reviewing my case and that they reviewed my biometrics.

Oct 2 - I got the hard copy biometrics appointment letter.

Oct 5 - I called USCIS to ask if my case files are at my local USCIS office or if it was still in the NBC (National Benefits Center). They told me that its been in the local USCIS field office already. I asked an estimated date on when my interview might be (so I can fix my schedule based on that interview date) and the USCIS officer said that she had no idea and cannot tell me. It depends on when my biometrics will clear and when my local USCIS local field office might schedule it.

Oct 6 - My status changed on both USCIS websites that my interview was scheduled. The USCIS sent me a Interview Letter in my mail/address.

Oct 7 - I got my softcopy interview appointment in my documents page in my uscis account/website. My interview date is scheduled for Nov 2, 2020. I called the USCIS to ask if they can try to schedule an earlier date for my interview.

Oct 16 - My interview Schedule was cancelled (Made me Panic when I got the email notification). But I also got another email notification that A new interview was scheduled. I was confused so I had to call the military hotline and also find out when the rescheduled date is for. The USCIS Officer said it's for Oct 26, 2020 at 9:30am.

Oct 19 - I got the hard copy of my appointment interview letter. It was sent by my local USCIS Field Office in Imperial California and not from the NBC (National Benefits Center)

Oct 20 - I got a call from the USCIS Military Hotline that they have successfully rescheduled my interview to an earlier date and that my local field office mailed me the appointment interview letter.

Oct 23 - I got the 2 hard copy USCIS letters in my mail for 1. my cancelled apppointment for November 2 and 2. The new interview appointment letter for October 26 from NBC (National Benefits Center).  The softcopy of both these letters have finally showed in my documents page in my uscis account/website.

K1 Visa:

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 10:01 AM, ZKT said:

Hey iscir! Thanks thanks soo much!!! I appreciate it.

Ina 319 b isn't as rare as it was before. A lot of uscis local field offices know about it already. Though i still believe some may be ignorant. You know how it is here, you can never tell. And its always best to be a girlscout/boy scout and be prepared. I think anywhere where there are military bases near then they know how to handle it. 

My local field office is imperial california. It services naf el centro base and the marine base in yuma arizona. So there are a few that do this ina 319b here. In fact i have met one marine wife from yuma that actually did the ina 319b in imperial california local field office and is already in iwakuni japan on where our new base will be and she did it last dec-january and she got her green card november from her k1 and she also just arrived here last year from k1. 

So i would suggest if you do it, you choose a place near a us passport place. In my case san diego passport place is near and i can do a 1 day/same day passport process. San diego uscis field office is used to alot of navy and marine ina 319b's as well since there are tons of bases there. So you can consider san diego too + lots of nice places to eat and visit.  

But yeah choose a place you can also enjoy on the times you have to wait. 

Oh and lots of the places now also do the 14 day quarantine. So be here those 14 days before you interview so they don't make you walk away like how the other people did and got so upset cause their schedules got changed because of this. 

Oh I didn’t even think about the passport!! Thanks for reminding me that! And thank you for the good advice. I could even do it in San Diego too because we have friends there! Hopefully I can go with my husband but I doubt he can get so much leave to go with me because of having to quarantine 😭

Timeline
1 hour ago, ZKT said:

Hey iscir and pumpkin!

I'm soo nervous my interview is already on monday morning! I'm both excited and also worried/stressed out. Hahaha! 

I just got off the phone with department of state trying to schedule my passport appointment in san diego passport center for tuesday morning and hopefully i get it the same day. So that wednesday i can go to yuma arizona to do my no fee passport. 

Anyway new updates:

My N400 INA 319(b)
Case Updates:

Sept 4 - I sent in my N400 under INA 319(b) Package to the Chicago Military Address via UPS.

Sept 5 - The N400 under INA 319(b) Packet arrived but the Chicago office was closed so UPS had to redeliver.

Sept 8 - UPS redelivered my N400 under INA 319(b) after the holiday and was signed for by the USCIS officer by 7:28am.

Sept 16 - The USCIS deposited my Chase Bank Cashier's check and then sent me a NOA 1 (Notice of Action 1 in my mail/address).

Sept 18 - The USCIS sent me a text message with the case number receipt (Friday night).

Sept 22 - The USCIS gave me a receipt for my expedite in my e-mail. That afternoon I also sent an e-mail request for expedite for extra measure. They approved my expedite that afternoon even before I sent my e-mail since i wasn't sure they accepted my expedite request and just sent me a receipt. But when I called to ask, the USCIS officer said it was already approved.

Sept 25 - I got the softcopy biometrics appointment letter in my documents page in my uscis account/website. My biometrics appointment is scheduled for Oct 13, 2020.

Sept 28 - I walked in my local USCIS ASC office and finished my biometrics. As soon as I walked out of the USCIS ASC door, my status changed to the USCIS is actively reviewing my case and that they reviewed my biometrics.

Oct 5 - I called USCIS to ask if my case files are at my local USCIS office or if it was still in the NBC (National Benefits Center). They told me that its been in the local USCIS field office already. I asked an estimated date on when my interview might be (so I can fix my schedule based on that interview date) and the USCIS officer said that she had no idea and cannot tell me. It depends on when my biometrics will clear and when my local USCIS local field office might schedule it.

Oct 6 - My status changed on both USCIS websites that my interview was scheduled. The USCIS sent me a Interview Letter in my mail/address.

Oct 7 - I got my softcopy interview appointment in my documents page in my uscis account/website. My interview date is scheduled for Nov 2, 2020. I called the USCIS to ask if they can try to schedule an earlier date for my interview.

Oct 16 - My interview Schedule was cancelled (Made me Panic when I got the email notification). But I also got another email notification that A new interview was scheduled. I was confused so I had to call the military hotline and also find out when the rescheduled date is for. The USCIS Officer said it's for Oct 26, 2020 at 9:30am.

Oct 19 - I got the hard copy of my appointment interview letter. It was sent by my local USCIS Field Office in Imperial California and not from the NBC (National Benefits Center)

Oct 20 - I got a call from the USCIS Military Hotline that they have successfully rescheduled my interview to an earlier date and that my local field office mailed me the appointment interview letter.

Oct 23 - I got the 2 hard copy USCIS letters in my mail for 1. my cancelled apppointment for November 2 and 2. The new interview appointment letter for October 26 from NBC (National Benefits Center).  The softcopy of both these letters have finally showed in my documents page in my uscis account/website.

I’m sure your interview will go well!! And I hope you can get the passport quickly too 😁 I wish you all the best!! ❤️❤️

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 2:50 AM, ZKT said:

Anyway, yeah the past few days have been busy for me as well. My ub pack and pick up arrived. It was stressful see them pack everything up. Specially all my breakable blue and white ceramic collection and all my other ceramic stuff with just brown paper!!! It made me panic as hell. Hahaha. So i understand when you're also so busy. 

You can pack it yourself as long as you leave the boxes open so that they can check it 😉😊

Good luck for tomorrow 

Timeline

Hi iscir and pumpkin! 

I wanted to do updates for you guys... 

pictures as of now from the new uscis website (of course as expected its delayed and its still at scheduled your naturalization ceremony when i have my naturalization certificate and all already. Hahaha!) 

received_351997092744675.thumb.jpeg.0e42a5b014c952d02544f7fd7bacc000.jpeg

pictures as of now of the old website (well ok, this is also behind. I'm surprised! Haha! But i guess this will be updated still slightly faster than the newer one.) maybe their system can't handle fast.  

received_957475068094770.thumb.jpeg.cc083a54bc22ca955c8816ef688e5834.jpeg

received_702331453714594.thumb.jpeg.89dcd309f1df96f20de4379cc30ed7c1.jpeg

and here are my updates from myself:

My N400 INA 319(b)
Case Updates:

Oct 26 - I had my USCIS interview in my local USCIS Field office in Imperial California. I did my English and Civics Exam and my Oath Taking Ceremony and got my Naturalization Certificate all on the same day.  My interview, Civics & English exam & Oath taking was all done in 30 mins but the online computer system was laggy/froze (because the main server was in San Diego) and the USCIS interviewer explained it always happen on very windy days & in general lately) so it took about 1 hr and 30 mins for the entire thing. If the computer system didn't get fixed I was gonna be asked to come in the afternoon or to come the next morning. Luckily it all got resolved/fixed in time. So my USCIS journey ends there. She said it was so helpful for me to give lots evidence and documents in my application whether if it was proof of marriage, military documents or what not that they did not need anything extra from me anymore and all I needed was to pass my Civics and English test. So I guess having all those evidences are extremely helpful in making the process smoother and faster.

Oct 26 - Other Things:

1. SSA (SSN) - I set up an appointment this afternoon to update my SSA status. My in person appointment will be either tom (Oct 27 or Oct 28 in the morning). I need to show my naturalization certificate & give back my ssn card. So at least when MCAS Yuma Arizona gets my naturalization Passport i don't have to worry about this anymore. It will be photofinish for the passport for sure till my flight so i won't be able to go in person to confirm this if i wait till after my passport.

2. Department of State (Passport) - I set up an appointment for San Diego Passport Center. My appointment will be either Oct 27 or 28 for my 1 day or 3 day passport application. (Ideally 1 day so I do not have to come back to pick it up on the 3rd day but any appointment this week would be great). I'm starting to loose hope on this possibility though since the Department of State hasn't called me or emailed me this afternoon or evening. Hopefully tom they will... or else I just forego it and wait to apply for a tourist passport in japan but i will have no proof of my legal stay in the us until i get my no fee passport (because they keep your original naturalization certificate) + they might loose/destroy it. And if my no fee passport doesn't make it in time before my flight then i cannot leave usa until i get it.

3. Military Passport (No Fee/Diplomatic Passport) - I have a confirmed appointent on Wednesday at 1:00pm in MCAS Yuma Arizona. It will/can be changed to anyday this week as soon as I get my US tourist passport or if San Diego Passport Center super full, I will forego my tourist passport application (which is what its looking like what's gonna happen).

4. DMV (State Real ID) - I applied for my very first state real id at my local dmv. I also registered to vote already. It comes along with the real id application. All i have to do is wait 4-5 days for it to be mailed in my home. So it means we still have to stay a few more days at our home and pay the expensive daily rate (but its cheaper than a hotel so its still better). At least my state id will also show i'm us citizen so then i will sorta have proof of my citizenship while my original naturalization certificate in with the military for my no fee passport. 

K1 Visa:

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

@ZKT Congratulations!!! 🥳🥳🥳 I'm really glad it all worked out well for you!! And thanks as always for all the updates. Hopefully all the info here will be of help to anyone in the future~

As for me, I'll be having my interview next week for both the I-751 and the N-400. That I-751 really caused the huge delay for me but I don't really mind since I already got delayed anyway because of the Italian visa that I need for the PCS (ugh...this one is actually giving me more problems right now, who would've thought getting a visa would be more problematic than getting citizenship??).

May 31, 2017 - POE: Seattle (B-2 Visa)

June 9, 2017 - Got married!

-

04.12.2018 - AOS packet (I-130 & I-485) sent with G-1145

04.24.2018 - Received NOA for I-130 & I-481 via txt & e-mail; Checks cashed

05.17.2018 - Biometrics Appointment (I-485)

11.13.2018 - Interview Scheduled

12.18.2018 - Interview Done @ Denver, CO Field Office : APPROVED on the spot

During the interview, I expressed my concern to the officer about my EAD/AP card and why I haven't heard anything about it 'til now. He confirms that my application for it wasn't even on their system. (Eh!!?)

I didn't ask any more about it though since he said I should be receiving my conditional GC in the mail soon and an EAD & AP would be useless at this point. ._.

12.21.2018 - 2-year Conditional Green Card received in the mail [validity: 12.18.2018 - 12.18.2020]

-

10.01.2019 - Moved to Rhode Island while husband is deployed to S.Korea

-

09.12.2020 - Changed address on USCIS website

09.14.2020 - Filed N-400 online (qualified under INA 319(b)); Called USCIS military help line to request expedite of application

09.15.2020 - Case received & application is being reviewed

09.21.2020 - Sent another request for expedite (via e-mail)

09.22.2020 - Expedite Request Approved. Received a call from Providence, RI Application Support Center: Scheduled Biometrics Appointment for 10.06.2020 & Scheduled Interview (tentatively) for 10.09.2020

09.24.2020 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment (hard copy received)

10.02.2020 - I-751 sent with G-1145

10.06.2020 - Biometrics Appointment (N-400)

10.16.2020 - Received NOA for I-751 via txt; Credit Card charged

10.26.2020 - Received NOA , Biometrics reused

11.02.2020 - Interview scheduled for both I-751 & N-400

11.03.2020 - Interview Done @ Providence, RI Filed Office: APPROVED w/ same day Oath Ceremony - I'm officially a US Citizen! :D

FINAL UPDATE:

Today I had my Interview and got both my I-751 and N-400 approved together. I did the civics test and English test without a problem and had a same day Oath Ceremony right after.

As of today, I am officially a US Citizen!! Huge thanks to everyone who have given me advice and guidance through this process from start to finish. :D

As for my concern which I posted in another thread about having to leave the US 30-45 days after Expedited Naturalizing:

I asked the IO about this and he said I don't have to leave in 30-45 days if I can't (I'm still waiting for my Italian Visa, it's the only thing stopping me from PCSing), but as long as I have the intent to leave (which I definitely do), then I should be fine in case I go beyond the 30-45 days for whatever reason.

So, no more worries where that's concerned. ---- Thought I'd mention it here in case someone might need this information in the future.

Once again, thank you so much to everyone here for all your help and information!!! And good luck to everyone else who are still going through with the process. 😌

finallyacitizen.jpeg

Edited by Pumpkin

May 31, 2017 - POE: Seattle (B-2 Visa)

June 9, 2017 - Got married!

-

04.12.2018 - AOS packet (I-130 & I-485) sent with G-1145

04.24.2018 - Received NOA for I-130 & I-481 via txt & e-mail; Checks cashed

05.17.2018 - Biometrics Appointment (I-485)

11.13.2018 - Interview Scheduled

12.18.2018 - Interview Done @ Denver, CO Field Office : APPROVED on the spot

During the interview, I expressed my concern to the officer about my EAD/AP card and why I haven't heard anything about it 'til now. He confirms that my application for it wasn't even on their system. (Eh!!?)

I didn't ask any more about it though since he said I should be receiving my conditional GC in the mail soon and an EAD & AP would be useless at this point. ._.

12.21.2018 - 2-year Conditional Green Card received in the mail [validity: 12.18.2018 - 12.18.2020]

-

10.01.2019 - Moved to Rhode Island while husband is deployed to S.Korea

-

09.12.2020 - Changed address on USCIS website

09.14.2020 - Filed N-400 online (qualified under INA 319(b)); Called USCIS military help line to request expedite of application

09.15.2020 - Case received & application is being reviewed

09.21.2020 - Sent another request for expedite (via e-mail)

09.22.2020 - Expedite Request Approved. Received a call from Providence, RI Application Support Center: Scheduled Biometrics Appointment for 10.06.2020 & Scheduled Interview (tentatively) for 10.09.2020

09.24.2020 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment (hard copy received)

10.02.2020 - I-751 sent with G-1145

10.06.2020 - Biometrics Appointment (N-400)

10.16.2020 - Received NOA for I-751 via txt; Credit Card charged

10.26.2020 - Received NOA , Biometrics reused

11.02.2020 - Interview scheduled for both I-751 & N-400

11.03.2020 - Interview Done @ Providence, RI Filed Office: APPROVED w/ same day Oath Ceremony - I'm officially a US Citizen! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.