Maria Yanez

NVC stage outline (merged threads)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello can someone help me with this what are the documents require at the NVC stage? And where can I get the police certificate that they request in this part ? Would it be for the US country or Mexico my birth place ? 

Thanks 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I know you have to submit the police certificate during he NVC stage , but I heard in Some occasions some people write a letter explaining that they can’t obtain the letter because they are in the US and that they will obtain after going to their interview to their home country. Has someone done this ? 

Ive heard I can get my police certificate from Juárez when I have my interview that they accept it I’m from Michoacan Mexico .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For CR1 the police report is scanned into the CEAC site now

so, when you return to mexico ,  you will need to get it

the original will be asked for at the interview

I don't think the NVC process will continue until this supporting document is in their system

I stand corrected if i am wrong as the process changes 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I sent the wrong one for my husband and the NVC told me just to take the correct one to the  interview. but I have seen other people get there's when they are there in Juarez before the appointment. If you have a Facebook go to a page called  citados al consulado en cd Juarez. a lot of people give advice and share their experience.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Diamor2181 said:

I sent the wrong one for my husband and the NVC told me just to take the correct one to the  interview. but I have seen other people get there's when they are there in Juarez before the appointment. If you have a Facebook go to a page called  citados al consulado en cd Juarez. a lot of people give advice and share their experience.

Oh ok thx did you send it last year or this year ? 

Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Maria Yanez said:

Oh ok thx did you send it last year or this year ? 

Thanks 

It was last year but we have our apt march 21st 2019. the police report is  only good for a year.

Timeline

Hello,

After I-130 is approved what the best way to go about this in a faster manner In the Nvc stage

pay the fees first? Do the waiver I-601a? Civil docs? ds-260?

thankyou 

Edited by Maria Yanez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have to pay the fees first. It doesn't let you do anything else until you pay and the payments clear. Then after that you have to complete the DS-260. You don't have the option to upload any documents until that's done.

i'm not sure about the waiver. Maybe another member can chime in on that.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

30 minutes ago, Maria Yanez said:

For the nvc stage checklist

how do I know if I need to get the court records? 

Thankyou 

Have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime? If so you need the court records showing the final disposition of that case. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime? If so you need the court records showing the final disposition of that case. 

No I haven’t so that means if I have no crimes etc I don’t need one ? 

8 minutes ago, Maria Yanez said:

No I haven’t so that means if I have no crimes etc I don’t need one ? 

No, the police certificate is fine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.