confusedmama

Applying child citizenship out of wedlock to a citizen father after childs birth

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I would like to ask any possible way for my childrento acquire citizenship from their naturalized citizen father

Here is our situation:

All 4 children where born out of wedlock

From 2001 -2011

Eldest do not carry the the fathers surname from birth,we just annotate her birthcertificate when she was around 7 yrs old

The youngest was born on march 2011 after husband had an approved immigrant visa

So we are about to applied a crba which i think my children arent qualified,so i would like to know any possible way for them to acquire their citizenship

Thank you

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If the USC father naturalized after the kids were born, then the children do not qualify for the CRBAs.  

The USC father must petition for his children by filing separate I-130s for them. 

How old are the kids?

Timeline
13 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

If the USC father naturalized after the kids were born, then the children do not qualify for the CRBAs.  

The USC father must petition for his children by filing separate I-130s for them. 

How old are the kids?

Kids are 8,15,14 ,and 17

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
15 hours ago, confusedmama said:

Hi i read one one post here trying the N600K.does this process applicble to my children?

No.  Your children do not qualify for the N600k. 

THE CORRECT WAY TO DO THIS.  Their USC father MUST file separate I-130s for each of them.  When it comes time for the Affidavit of Support, he can file the I-864w for any child that would immigrate to the US before his/her 18th birthday and would automatically becomes US citizens under the Child Citizenship Act.  The 17 years old who may turn 18 before immigrating to the US would need an I-864 and eventually naturalize on his/her own as an adult.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

No.  Your children do not qualify for the N600k. 

THE CORRECT WAY TO DO THIS.  Their USC father MUST file separate I-130s for each of them.  When it comes time for the Affidavit of Support, he can file the I-864w for any child that would immigrate to the US before his/her 18th birthday and would automatically becomes US citizens under the Child Citizenship Act.  The 17 years old who may turn 18 before immigrating to the US would need an I-864 and eventually naturalize on his/her own as an adult.  

That would be a normal way..But I read from another post that a child whos parent who didnt meet the statutoru period requirement .can be a citizen through their grandparent ..by the father who is in US who will file N600K for the child..then the USCIS will send a visa to the USEMbassy for the child to be able to have oathtaking in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has he filed a petition for you and the children to move to California?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, confusedmama said:

He just file i130 for me this year..and k3 for me also..

Well K3 was a waste of time, what about the children?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yeah i read from others from k3 is just a waste of time.. they just tried anyway and its free..No application yet for the chldren.

But somehow as for the children they are relying on K3 ,that if ever this route will be approved i can bring along my children ,no need foe another applicatio.n for the children

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.