Vvee

I-130 Filers March 2019

643 posts in this topic

Hi all March filers!

We just got our NOA1 via text message today (3/21/19). We sent off our application 3/14/2019.

I’m a little bummed after seeing Nebraska Service Centers processing times. 😭

5 minutes ago, scotland2florida said:

Hi all March filers!

We just got our NOA1 via text message today (3/21/19). We sent off our application 3/14/2019.

You've got Texas though so at least you're not in the worst one haha!

2 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

You've got Texas though so at least you're not in the worst one haha!

Unfortunately it is Nebraska. 😭😭

I don’t know why my timeline is showing Texas. It shows Nebraska on my end. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Havealittlefaith said:

Hey everyone!!! I have been looking for a March 2019 filers since I filed. Finally!!

Sent package via USPS to Chicago Lockbox: 03/14

Delivered: 03/16

The wait can get to you. I try to visit my husband as often as I can and FaceTime and WhatsApp are our sources of communication. I wish us all smooth and quick processes.

Hi welcome  🙂

Our lawyer sent ours around March 14th as well so I'm expecting to hear back on April 1st 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
3 hours ago, scotland2florida said:

Hi all March filers!

That was quick! We're still waiting for NOA1 😪 sent on the 13th/14th as well

6 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Have they processed your payment? We paid by credit card and they processed it on the 20th. The NOA1 was sent the next day. 

I hope you hear something soon! 

9 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Thank you!!! Yeah our lawyer sent ours on 14th and we used a money order so I am just waiting. I have no patience and this process is really testing it.

Timeline
3 hours ago, scotland2florida said:

Have they processed your payment? We paid by credit card and they processed it on the 20th. The NOA1 was sent the next day. 

I hope you hear something soon! 

We sent our petition on Feb 21st and tried to pay by credit card but they gave our docs back on the basis of 'credit card transaction is invalid due to incomplete information and/or the credit card information was denied'

My husband and our lawyer double checked his G-1450, but he was just never charged 😪

So we sent everything again on the 14th (or our lawyer did), along with a money order and we haven't heard anything since. 

The last time my hubby got the notice in the mail, not text, I'm wondering how people are getting texts, is it a text from uscis or the bank? Bank would make more sense :P 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

We sent our petition on Feb 21st and tried to pay by credit card but they gave our docs back on the basis of 'credit card transaction is invalid due to incomplete information and/or the credit card information was denied'

My husband and our lawyer double checked his G-1450, but he was just never charged 😪

So we sent everything again on the 14th (or our lawyer did), along with a money order and we haven't heard anything since. 

The last time my hubby got the notice in the mail, not text, I'm wondering how people are getting texts, is it a text from uscis or the bank? Bank would make more sense :P

The text is from USCIS saying that your case was received and it gives you your receipt number, if you included form g-1145 (e-notification) in your petition to be able to receive text and email updates. After you receive your receipt number, you can log into the USCIS website to be sure you have these notifications turned on.

Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, bird&bear said:

You and I got married on the same day and sent the i-130 package in the same week! I love it. Hopefully by our one-year anniversaries we'll be reunited with our husbands? Maybe?

Welcome to the thread--and to the long wait! ;)

What a coincidence! Congratulations! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kaylem115 said:

The text is from USCIS saying that your case was received and it gives you your receipt number, if you included form g-1145 (e-notification) in your petition to be able to receive text and email updates. After you receive your receipt number, you can log into the USCIS website to be sure you have these notifications turned on.

Of course there's a form for everything 😂 I don't think we filed it, thanks for the info ! 

58 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Of course there's a form for everything 😂 I don't think we filed it, thanks for the info ! 

I submitted the form and never received a notification, only the letter in the mail. So for anyone else reading this if you don't receive that first notification don't be alarmed, sometimes you just never get it for whatever reason.

But once you get the letter, it has your case # and then you can sign up online to track your progress and receive notifications (10+ months from now if you're with Nebraska lol).

Timeline
Just now, canadavisa22 said:

I submitted the form and never received a notification, only the letter in the mail. So for anyone else reading this if you don't receive that first notification don't be alarmed, sometimes you just never get it for whatever reason.

But once you get the letter, it has your case # and then you can sign up online to track your progress and receive notifications (10+ months from now if you're with Nebraska lol).

And for what it's worth, I only ever received a text, not an email. It's only really useful in having a heads-up as to when you will receive NOA 1&2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.