helen83

Medical in London experience today.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I went to London Knightsbridge today for my medical and wanted to share my experience to let others know there really isn't anything to worry about if your prepared.

The place was easier to find than I thought ( Also beware if your a Disney fan like me...the store is on route and a deadly place to go waste some time and costly too as the case was for me today ).

The receptionist was lovely. We had a chat and giggle over a few things as she took copies of my paperwork at the desk. She provided me with more paperwork, a questionnaire that's a little more in depth than the one you do in advance, a consent form and a pre check form and my pot for urine sample. I did my paperwork in the waiting room, took care of the urine sample took it all back to the desk and then was told to wait back in the waiting room.

Shortly a gentleman doctor called me in. We chatted over the questionnaire, he didn't ask many questions (but i have a simple medical history) and we chatted mostly about my plans and where I was moving too as he took the blood sample. He was very good, didn't feel a thing! Took about 5/10 mins then when finished back to the waiting room for the next stage.

Then another gentleman called me down about 5/10 mins later for the chest x ray part. Again very friendly, we chatted and laughed about a subject we discussed. Very simple procedure and again took no more than 5/10 mins and all done and back to the waiting room to wait for the nurse for the vaccinations review.

Another 5/10 mins and I was called down. We went over what I had and needed. Opted for the missing ones to be done there so paperwork was all in order for later. Again very friendly lady, chatted and laughed about things. Then back to the waiting room to wait for the receptionist to take payment and hand over paperwork that will be needed for AOS. Took just over an hour for the whole thing.

All that stressing and worrying over the past week for nothing. A very friendly and professional service. Except for 2 dead arms now it was painless!

Now to spend the next week needlessly stressing probably about the interview stage lol

Hope this review can help others relax a little about this stage! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional Forum, from K1 P&P - the medical is a country specific experience~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, helen83 said:

Thanks for moving this topic I wasn't really sure where to post it :)

You're Welcome

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

17 hours ago, helen83 said:

I went to London Knightsbridge today for my medical and wanted to share my experience to let others know there really isn't anything to worry about if your prepared.

The place was easier to find than I thought ( Also beware if your a Disney fan like me...the store is on route and a deadly place to go waste some time and costly too as the case was for me today ).

The receptionist was lovely. We had a chat and giggle over a few things as she took copies of my paperwork at the desk. She provided me with more paperwork, a questionnaire that's a little more in depth than the one you do in advance, a consent form and a pre check form and my pot for urine sample. I did my paperwork in the waiting room, took care of the urine sample took it all back to the desk and then was told to wait back in the waiting room.

Shortly a gentleman doctor called me in. We chatted over the questionnaire, he didn't ask many questions (but i have a simple medical history) and we chatted mostly about my plans and where I was moving too as he took the blood sample. He was very good, didn't feel a thing! Took about 5/10 mins then when finished back to the waiting room for the next stage.

Then another gentleman called me down about 5/10 mins later for the chest x ray part. Again very friendly, we chatted and laughed about a subject we discussed. Very simple procedure and again took no more than 5/10 mins and all done and back to the waiting room to wait for the nurse for the vaccinations review.

Another 5/10 mins and I was called down. We went over what I had and needed. Opted for the missing ones to be done there so paperwork was all in order for later. Again very friendly lady, chatted and laughed about things. Then back to the waiting room to wait for the receptionist to take payment and hand over paperwork that will be needed for AOS. Took just over an hour for the whole thing.

All that stressing and worrying over the past week for nothing. A very friendly and professional service. Except for 2 dead arms now it was painless!

Now to spend the next week needlessly stressing probably about the interview stage lol

Hope this review can help others relax a little about this stage! 

Hey Helen, 

Been waiting for your review after you'd commented on a previous post regarding the experience and I'm glad you found it very similar to me. 

The interview next for certain, thankfully that's not freaking me out so much at all (yet), but there's this week and weekend for that to happen yet. 

All the best for the next stage and I'm sure we'll bump into one another again 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, LukeU said:

Hey Helen, 

Been waiting for your review after you'd commented on a previous post regarding the experience and I'm glad you found it very similar to me. 

The interview next for certain, thankfully that's not freaking me out so much at all (yet), but there's this week and weekend for that to happen yet. 

All the best for the next stage and I'm sure we'll bump into one another again 

You were so right about it being a lot of worrying for nothing! 

Good luck for your interview mine is the end of next week so plenty of time to over react lol

look forward to hearing of your experience and the awesome news you got your approval :) 

13 hours ago, helen83 said:

You were so right about it being a lot of worrying for nothing! 

Good luck for your interview mine is the end of next week so plenty of time to over react lol

look forward to hearing of your experience and the awesome news you got your approval :) 

Hindsight is always 20/20 though isn't it. 

I have been pretty calm since booking my interview until around yesterday and now my nerves appear to have ramped up...but it's not far now. 

I will be sure to write a post regarding all of it on here once I'm back home and (hopefully) stopped doing kartwheels and whooping! :)

Also a guy spoken to on here throughout the process has his the same date & time as mine, so we'll be going for a celebratory drink after 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

without starting another thread, what are the documents required for K1 visa interview ? Why im asking .. theres different answers on this site (including the sticky post - maybe needs updating?) Theres also different info on the official webpage for instance, they dont mention to bring DS 160, but ive seen others mention they were asked for this when turning up.The embassy only say to bring (for most people) -

Passport

2 photos

Birth certificate + copy

ACRO + copy

I-134 / evidence of financial support (+ copies?)

Im thinking the above plus the DS 160 is enough as they have the rest of your info already, but if theres anything else id love to know !

Edited by skjourney

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
45 minutes ago, skjourney said:

without starting another thread, what are the documents required for K1 visa interview ? Why im asking .. theres different answers on this site (including the sticky post - maybe needs updating?) Theres also different info on the official webpage for instance, they dont mention to bring DS 160, but ive seen others mention they were asked for this when turning up.The embassy only say to bring (for most people) -

The embassy webpage should be your source of what documents to bring. However, they leave off info you are told to bring when you complete various things.

You get a confirmation for submitting the DS-160 which says to print and bring. Also you get confirmations of paying the visa fee and booking the courier and of your appointment date.  Bring the confirmations just to have "receipts" so to speak that you have done those things.

They say bring copies of personal documents (birth certificate, police certificate, divorce decree) but they don't seem to actually want those anymore. They used to keep the paper copy for the file and give back your original. Now they look at originals and scan them instead before handing back.

No to copies of the I-134. They keep that so make a copy for your records.

(Assuming you don't have any name change, military service, translations, or prior marriages so your short list is correct, plus the confirmation print outs)

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.