J&E2013

N400 work history help..

45 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Visitor User said:

As a PR, you are allowed to work anyway. Does being unemployed give less chance of getting approved?

I’m not sure, but does being on that field of work have the chance of getting denied? Especially if the application is married based?

6 hours ago, Visitor User said:

If you want to ease off your worries then I would hire an experienced immigration attorney to file your N-400.

I wish I could but I can’t afford to hire an attorney. I just hope that they don’t see that as a reason for denial, all I can do is just hope and pray that it won’t affect the decision of my approval once the time is come.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

If you'll be honest, provide them with Tax Returns, show them that you paid taxes, and Your income was from live online entertainment, twitch, youtube or anything for that matter, they care less about it. Look at Youtubers (Subscribe to pewdiepie lol), they are essentially "cam girls/boys", but nobody is embarrassed about it. I'd advise send all usual info, write that your job is online entertainment and i doubt they will even touch it during the interview. 

I had interview exactly a year ago, nobody even asked, looked or touched the topic of work except for "Do you work?", "same place?". That was it. Went thru application questions, asked 6 history questions, approved, and 2hrs later i was standing, giving Oath (Newark still had same day oath's).

As you'll find in any thread here, i'll repeat be truthful, don't lie, don't hide, don't intentionally omit information, but don't say more than asked. And you'll be fine. 

Edited by PaulMac

16 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

If you'll be honest, provide them with Tax Returns, show them that you paid taxes, and Your income was from live online entertainment, twitch, youtube or anything for that matter, they care less about it. Look at Youtubers (Subscribe to pewdiepie lol), they are essentially "cam girls/boys", but nobody is embarrassed about it. I'd advise send all usual info, write that your job is online entertainment and i doubt they will even touch it during the interview. 

I had interview exactly a year ago, nobody even asked, looked or touched the topic of work except for "Do you work?", "same place?". That was it. Went thru application questions, asked 6 history questions, approved, and 2hrs later i was standing, giving Oath (Newark still had same day oath's).

As you'll find in any thread here, i'll repeat be truthful, don't lie, don't hide, don't intentionally omit information, but don't say more than asked. And you'll be fine. 

Thanks PaulMac, that gives me confidence and hope 😊 and btw congrats to you, you become citizen the same day after your interview. How long from the time you file until you get your interview. I will, was IRS transcript is ok to send? I will include from 2015-2018 transcript so that they have 4 years of my taxes. And also was “modeling” is ok to put on the question that asking what type of job? Instead of online entertainment? Coz that’s what it says in my transcript when we file the taxes. I don’t know how long was the process but I hope it was easy when it’s my turn, later I’m going to finish my application online and then hopefully everything will be ok. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, J&E2013 said:

Thanks PaulMac, that gives me confidence and hope 😊 and btw congrats to you, you become citizen the same day after your interview. How long from the time you file until you get your interview. I will, was IRS transcript is ok to send? I will include from 2015-2018 transcript so that they have 4 years of my taxes. And also was “modeling” is ok to put on the question that asking what type of job? Instead of online entertainment? Coz that’s what it says in my transcript when we file the taxes. I don’t know how long was the process but I hope it was easy when it’s my turn, later I’m going to finish my application online and then hopefully everything will be ok. 

I filed on 2017 end of May, Bio Mid june i think, and then 2018 march interview. so roughly 9months give or take 1month. That was in Newark, NJ. And somewhere i got lucky, because estimation was 12-16months at that time. 

IRS transcript should be okay as it's official document provided by IRS.

I cannot comment much on what to put as job description, as cam girl covers so many different things. I know for sure, there is nothing to be embarrassed about, i'm sure people working in USCIS has seen so many things, that nothing will surprise them. Especially with this new age, where 80% of teenagers are youtubers, streamers, and have no need of education, no respect for their parents, and are entitled to have everything given lol (jeez that came out as a rant)

Relax and don't overthink. You have a legit job, with taxed income, nothing to worry about.

Btw, I wanna say thanks to all of you who help me/replied and for all the advice that you give to me. I don’t know what I’m gonna do if not with all the help that I get from this community, I’m so glad that everyone is helpful and helping each other. I’m so lost and stressed about it before but now I’m confident to finish my application and send it and hopefully everything will be ok.

22 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

I filed on 2017 end of May, Bio Mid june i think, and then 2018 march interview. so roughly 9months give or take 1month. That was in Newark, NJ. And somewhere i got lucky, because estimation was 12-16months at that time. 

IRS transcript should be okay as it's official document provided by IRS.

I cannot comment much on what to put as job description, as cam girl covers so many different things. I know for sure, there is nothing to be embarrassed about, i'm sure people working in USCIS has seen so many things, that nothing will surprise them. Especially with this new age, where 80% of teenagers are youtubers, streamers, and have no need of education, no respect for their parents, and are entitled to have everything given lol (jeez that came out as a rant)

Relax and don't overthink. You have a legit job, with taxed income, nothing to worry about.

I know lol and it’s ok to rant lol and you really got lucky, you were right about that. We’re living in a new age now that mostly everything is acceptable. I hope it doesn’t process too long coz we might move to another state before the end of this year and that’s another thing to think about lol 

did you file it online? Coz I’m curious where and how to pay the fee when I send it today 

Edited by J&E2013

Timeline
9 minutes ago, J&E2013 said:

I know lol and it’s ok to rant lol and you really got lucky, you were right about that. We’re living in a new age now that mostly everything is acceptable. I hope it doesn’t process too long coz we might move to another state before the end of this year and that’s another thing to think about lol 

did you file it online? Coz I’m curious where and how to pay the fee when I send it today 

I didn't have an option to file online.
sent a check. You can pay with credit card now, there is a form for that. 

Don't forget to let USCIS know about change of address, once you move!

8 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

I didn't have an option to file online.
sent a check. You can pay with credit card now, there is a form for that. 

Don't forget to let USCIS know about change of address, once you move!

Oh ok, I thought it will be at the time after you submit your application online that you will pay it there, so I’m guessing it will be in a different form and not included together with your N400 forms. I’m just curious coz I don’t know how they file it online together with the payment lol so I’ll just check it later when I log in and review my answers before I submit it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, J&E2013 said:

I wish I could but I can’t afford to hire an attorney. I just hope that they don’t see that as a reason for denial, all I can do is just hope and pray that it won’t affect the decision of my approval once the time is come.

Why don’t you save up money so you can pay the lawyer to file for USC?

9 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Why don’t you save up money so you can pay the lawyer to file for USC?

I couldn’t coz I didn’t earn that much money back then. But anyway I already send my online application yesterday so I’ll just hope and pray that everything will be alright. What is IOE means after you submit your application online 

Timeline
8 hours ago, J&E2013 said:

I couldn’t coz I didn’t earn that much money back then. But anyway I already send my online application yesterday so I’ll just hope and pray that everything will be alright. What is IOE means after you submit your application online 

You could have waited to file and had a chance to save money.

23 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

You could have waited to file and had a chance to save money.

Thanks for the advice Visitor 🙂I appreciate it. I don’t know if I could save some money if I waited and we might move before the end of this year so it’s better to do it now while we can 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, J&E2013 said:

Thanks for the advice Visitor 🙂I appreciate it. I don’t know if I could save some money if I waited and we might move before the end of this year so it’s better to do it now while we can 

Why not put in more hours in your work or work a second job? Either way, I think you should be fine. Tell us the good news. 

8 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Why not put in more hours in your work or work a second job? Either way, I think you should be fine. Tell us the good news. 

I know, but I have no job since 2017 so that’s why I apply now atleast I don’t have to worry about it incase we moved 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.