8 posts in this topic

Very excited! We just mailed everything to the embassy they should have everything on Monday! For those who have filed in Thailand how many weeks does it take to get an interview? Do they email you about when your appointment is? Can I email them and ask? Or do I just look on the PDF they have on their webpage? If it’s the last thing then do I check that periodically or is it uploaded one time for one month?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In my experience they were very fast. Our interview was, I think, 9 days after we mailed packet 3 back. That is a little faster than average, but in general they are very fast. Don't worry you shouldn't have to wait long and you should be email an interview date.

10 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

In my experience they were very fast. Our interview was, I think, 9 days after we mailed packet 3 back. That is a little faster than average, but in general they are very fast. Don't worry you shouldn't have to wait long and you should be email an interview date.

Thanks!!

That’s awesome. We are ready for the interview now.

How was your experience with the embassy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Deanwinchester said:

Thanks!!

That’s awesome. We are ready for the interview now.

How was your experience with the embassy?

Well petitioners are not allowed in, but her experience was pretty average. Arrive early, no bags, no phones pretty standard. Questions were simple and straightforward, Interview was on a Wednesday I believe and the visa was delivered on Friday or something like that. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's been two months since your original post.... how did it go? Was this a IR1 visa or K1, if IR1, I'm curious as to what they asked. Also if this was a DCF, do you live in Thailand and what did you list for your Country of Domicile on the I-864. I'm at that step right now and will be mailing in my P3 next week. 

6 hours ago, slc12312 said:

It's been two months since your original post.... how did it go? Was this a IR1 visa or K1, if IR1, I'm curious as to what they asked. Also if this was a DCF, do you live in Thailand and what did you list for your Country of Domicile on the I-864. I'm at that step right now and will be mailing in my P3 next week. 

It went very well! It was for a K1, it wasn't a DCF, we mailed it, 2-5 days later they said they received it, then the interview was 3 weeks later. Super fast. I was living/visiting in Thailand for 7 months but I still had domicile in the USA. I didn't lose it since I had ties (bank accounts, condo, job, etc.). Actually they could have cared less but I sent them too many documents anyways! Better safe than sorry. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Deanwinchester said:

It went very well! It was for a K1, it wasn't a DCF, we mailed it, 2-5 days later they said they received it, then the interview was 3 weeks later. Super fast. I was living/visiting in Thailand for 7 months but I still had domicile in the USA. I didn't lose it since I had ties (bank accounts, condo, job, etc.). Actually they could have cared less but I sent them too many documents anyways! Better safe than sorry. 

Thanks Dean. I guess I'll say Thailand as my domicile since mine is a DCF and you can't do those if you don't live here. But with that said, I've got at least 20 different pieces of evidence that still ties me to the U.S., bank accounts, car registration, car insurance, cell phone, health insurance, drivers license, voters registration and voting record, lol... no real estate or job though as I'm retired. I'm afraid I'm sending too much stuff. But like you say, better safe than sorry. 

Edited by slc12312

20 minutes ago, slc12312 said:

Thanks Dean. I guess I'll say Thailand as my domicile since mine is a DCF and you can't do those if you don't live here. But with that said, I've got at least 20 different pieces of evidence that still ties me to the U.S., bank accounts, car registration, car insurance, cell phone, health insurance, drivers license, voters registration and voting record, lol... no real estate or job though as I'm retired. I'm afraid I'm sending too much stuff. But like you say, better safe than sorry. 

You can email the embassy too. Ask them if you need to show proof of Domicile. Honestly though, just send it all in and show your ties if you plan on going back to the USA. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.