ak5285

Form I-129 F confusion - employment and address history questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm working on filling out my part of the I-129 F form, (as the US fiance), and I'm having some trouble with filling out my work and address history. Here are some questions I have:

1. How much do exact dates matter for employment and address history? I have most of this info, but some of the dates I may not be able to get.
  2. It is asking for the history 'in the last 5 years' - when do I start counting from though? I'm not sure when I'll be filing the form yet, but it will be in spring 2019. So would I count back to that exact month in 2014, or 2015? Or the beginning of 2014, or 2015..?
  3. I had a permanent address during summers/other times while in college. However I'd lived in the house since I was a child. How would you recommend listing this address and its dates?
  4. The form itself asks for address history for the past 5 years. However the INSTRUCTIONS for the form ask for address history since you turned 18. Which one am I supposed to do???

Thanks in advance for any advice, I'd love to hear what others did for these situations. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ak5285 said:

I'm working on filling out my part of the I-129 F form, (as the US fiance), and I'm having some trouble with filling out my work and address history. Here are some questions I have:

1. How much do exact dates matter for employment and address history? I have most of this info, but some of the dates I may not be able to get.
  2. It is asking for the history 'in the last 5 years' - when do I start counting from though? I'm not sure when I'll be filing the form yet, but it will be in spring 2019. So would I count back to that exact month in 2014, or 2015? Or the beginning of 2014, or 2015..?
  3. I had a permanent address during summers/other times while in college. However I'd lived in the house since I was a child. How would you recommend listing this address and its dates?
  4. The form itself asks for address history for the past 5 years. However the INSTRUCTIONS for the form ask for address history since you turned 18. Which one am I supposed to do???

Thanks in advance for any advice, I'd love to hear what others did for these situations. 

1) You can give estimated dates or even months. To be safe, if you give estimated dates (especially mm/dd/yy) you could always put in the extra info that these are estimates. 

2) You start counting from the moment you file

3) Just put in the dates that you lived there. You're able to explain yourself on the last page of the I-129F if you feel that's necessary. 

4) I just scanned through the instructions real quick (pulled them from the USCIS website) and I could only find the last 5 years, so just go with that. 

33 minutes ago, ak5285 said:

1) Up to the month is good. 

2) From now.

3) If you lived there for three months in the summer, yes, list that address. Don't over complicate it.

4) 5 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.