14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Maybe that has been discussed here before but I am new member and still don’t know so much . My question: are the pictures very important proof of real marriage- we just don’t like to take pictures. We will include about 6 pictures from our very humble wedding and just a few pictures of us together. 

We have other proofs (will collect more for the interview) : 3 joint bank accounts, house and property together, utilities together, our will that we leave  everything to each other, my pending health insurance and proof that I have applied for the life insurance. I have copied all the mail arrived at my or both names ( proof that we live together) . 

Do you think that might be enough proof for the real marriage? 

One thing more / we have been married before ( we are old people) my USC husband once , a long ago- me twice and my 2 nd marriage has ended about year ago . Is that a huge red flag? 

Thank you very much! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

Maybe that has been discussed here before but I am new member and still don’t know so much . My question: are the pictures very important proof of real marriage- we just don’t like to take pictures. We will include about 6 pictures from our very humble wedding and just a few pictures of us together. 

We have other proofs (will collect more for the interview) : 3 joint bank accounts, house and property together, utilities together, our will that we leave  everything to each other, my pending health insurance and proof that I have applied for the life insurance. I have copied all the mail arrived at my or both names ( proof that we live together) . 

Do you think that might be enough proof for the real marriage? 

One thing more / we have been married before ( we are old people) my USC husband once , a long ago- me twice and my 2 nd marriage has ended about year ago . Is that a huge red flag? 

Thank you very much! 

6 pictures are fine, the other evidence you mentioned is way more important in your case. That you've been married before shouldn't be a red flag (unless you're USC hopping to get a green card), just make sure you provide all the divorce decrees they ask for.

Also, it would be easier to answer your questions when you fill out your timeline and the country you're from, so please do that

Edited by C90

Timeline
11 minutes ago, C90 said:

6 pictures are fine, the other evidence you mentioned is way more important in your case. That you've been married before shouldn't be a red flag (unless you're USC hopping to get a green card), just make sure you provide all the divorce decrees they ask for.

Also, it would be easier to answer your questions when you fill out your timeline and the country you're from, so please do that

Thank you. I am a LPR of Norway but Croatian citizen- have divorce decrees with certified translations in English. 

I hope to get a Green card but only to be able to live legally with my husband here in the US as for him ( he is disabled veteran) life in Norway wouldn’t be a good solution. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, dentsflogged said:

Photos are pretty much secondary evidence - a lawyer friend of mine who helped me get everything sorted out basically said "put a few in, but don't expect them to hold any weight - photos are way too easily faked"  

Seems like your other documents are more than enough! 

Yes, true - with today’s technology people can easily fake photos . I have written the explanation why we don’t have them: older  people, living few miles from the little town , no neighbors and not into so much gatherings. Really hope they will understand. Besides the proofs I have mentioned in my previous post I will add copies of the greetings cards from the family and ( hopefully at interview ) will have my name at our trucks and motorcycles titles as now I still don’t have American drivers license so not able to do that. 

I will pay one agency to help us preparing all .We are afraid of to being denied because of some minor mistake . 

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
50 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

Yes, true - with today’s technology people can easily fake photos . I have written the explanation why we don’t have them: older  people, living few miles from the little town , no neighbors and not into so much gatherings. Really hope they will understand. Besides the proofs I have mentioned in my previous post I will add copies of the greetings cards from the family and ( hopefully at interview ) will have my name at our trucks and motorcycles titles as now I still don’t have American drivers license so not able to do that. 

I will pay one agency to help us preparing all .We are afraid of to being denied because of some minor mistake . 

I mean guys everything is good I work with a lawyer I have 500 pictures from our wedding, travels, engagement. Friends family places. Everything you consider an evidence is an evidence, photos , bank statements, any form of insurance. It doesn't mean you will get denied or approved with or without them. It might raise some suspicion  if you have been with your wife for 2-3-4 years and you have all together 5 pictures.To be honest if you don't have pictures just take some just so you have some backup. Me and my wife, travel, hike, run and love photography so we got all kinds of pics. Take some you like it or not why risk it.

3 hours ago, dentsflogged said:

Photos are pretty much secondary evidence - a lawyer friend of mine who helped me get everything sorted out basically said "put a few in, but don't expect them to hold any weight - photos are way too easily faked"  

Seems like your other documents are more than enough! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greek said:

I mean guys everything is good I work with a lawyer I have 500 pictures from our wedding, travels, engagement. Friends family places. Everything you consider an evidence is an evidence, photos , bank statements, any form of insurance. It doesn't mean you will get denied or approved with or without them. It might raise some suspicion  if you have been with your wife for 2-3-4 years and you have all together 5 pictures.To be honest if you don't have pictures just take some just so you have some backup. Me and my wife, travel, hike, run and love photography so we got all kinds of pics. Take some you like it or not why risk it.

We live together 3 and half months  ( have been long distance and vacations together about a year) , because of lot of pets we can’t travel a lot and our families live too far ( but we have copies of their cards sent to us ) . As stated before  we are old people living very simple country life in Montana. 

We will try to make a bit more pictures for the interview at least. 

I think that officers are aware that people are different, not having so much pictures is not good ( better to have ) but our other proofs might show them we are not fake pair. The fact that I have abandoned all my retirement money saved for years in funds just in order to live with my husband might tell them a bit too , at least I hope . 

Well , I have read that sometimes that depends if the officer had good or bad day which is very sad and unfair but I am keeping all at the positive site. 

Edited by RedroseMT

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, RedroseMT said:

We live together 3 and half months  ( have been long distance and vacations together about a year) , because of lot of pets we can’t travel a lot and our families live too far ( but we have copies of their cards sent to us ) . As stated before  we are old people living very simple country life in Montana. 

I think that officers are aware that people are different, not having so much pictures is not good ( better to have ) but our other proofs might show them we are not fake pair. The fact that I have abandoned all my retirement money saved for years in funds just in order to live with my husband might tell them a bit too , at least I hope . 

Well , I have read that sometimes that depends if the officer had good or bad day which is very sad and unfair but I am keeping all at the positive site. 

We don't do pictures either. Still hate it. I made us do one professional photoshoot so I remember what I looked like at this age. Don't remember if I even included a photo with the application, maybe one. No pictures from the courthouse wedding. 

As you said, they get it, some people aren't picture people. If the rest of the house is in order, it's fine. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, eckoin said:

We don't do pictures either. Still hate it. I made us do one professional photoshoot so I remember what I looked like at this age. Don't remember if I even included a photo with the application, maybe one. No pictures from the courthouse wedding. 

As you said, they get it, some people aren't picture people. If the rest of the house is in order, it's fine. 

I hope we have enough of other proofs and I hope my both countries are not high fraud ( Croatia- citizenship , Norway- permanent resident) , as well as our age ( 71/ 57) is okay . We will see. 

Timeline
On 2/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, RedroseMT said:

I couldn't agree with you more. This whole process is unfair.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greek said:

4 hours ago, Greek said:

I am really a  total beginner in this , but I truly hope they are aware that they have a power to change someone’s life and ( possibly) even make someone’s life very very hard. However they are people too but I still believe in professionalism. The fact that you have a bad day shouldn’t be the reason to deny real and honest people. Many of us had better prosperity in our countries of residence ( Norway in my case) , but we have come here only because we love our partners, not for Green Card and better life .

Edited by RedroseMT

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

I am really a  total beginner in this , but I truly hope they are aware that they have a power to change someone’s life and ( possibly) even make someone’s life very very hard. However they are people too but I still believe in professionalism. The fact that you have a bad day shouldn’t be the reason to deny real and honest people. Many of us had better prosperity in our countries of residence ( Norway in my case) , but we have come here only because we love our partners, not for Green Card and better life .

Haha RedroseMT you are taking this all wrong I came here with F-1 and graduated with a PhD and currently work under OPTStem. I stayed here because of my wife and despite the fact that you enjoy prosperity in Norway is good for you and your country mates. It's funny you say that just because my country of citizenship is Greece. Long live the European stereotypes.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greek said:

Haha RedroseMT you are taking this all wrong I came here with F-1 and graduated with a PhD and currently work under OPTStem. I stayed here because of my wife and despite the fact that you enjoy prosperity in Norway is good for you and your country mates. It's funny you say that just because my country of citizenship is Greece. Long live the European stereotypes.

I have said “ many of us “ not all . All that depends on someone’s situation and age . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.