Mia Torres

I601 Current Processing Time 2019

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So we recieved a paper to file a I601. My fiancee was married 6 years ago to a lady he quickly married an at the interview realized he knew not much to complete the interview. He never returned, loss contact with her an today our nightmare opened with our relationship isnt in question but "fraud" for his first marriage. We need to fo this Visa for sure but any guidance. Seeking help with forms, wording, guidance..

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 10:00 PM, gzmnvero said:

My 601 was received July 9, 2018. Just received letter of approval April 23, 2019. 

I am now waiting for a packet to tell me what comes next, anyone know?

Congrats! Wish I could answer on what comes next ... did you get the packet? How long did it take? 

We filed on Sept. 17, 2018 and haven't heard anything yet, only that they received our case. I am hoping we have this resolved by the end of this year. 

• 2 months later...

is all so frustrating. They received our application on February 2019 and our lawyer mentioned that it could take 6_8 months. I have the app and checking almost daily the processing time and it says 9-12 months. I’m not even sure how accurate processing dates are?!

Does anyone who applied around that time has heard anything yet???

Edited by Modrew

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/8/2019 at 4:00 AM, gzmnvero said:

My 601 was received July 9, 2018. Just received letter of approval April 23, 2019. 

Hello, please did you use a lawyer to file and what was your basis for filing?

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

We received a RFE on March 1st, 2019.  Our lawyer sent the response on June 11th, 2019. We have our Congressman involved, and his office has inquired 3 times now. It has now been 100 days since the Nebraska office received our response. Our CEAC status changed on August 22 from REFUSED to Administrative Processing. From what I understand, they can sit on our file now from 2 weeks, to 6 months, to 2 years.  My husband and I are so frustrated, but we are hoping that after all of this we will get an approval.

Timeline

status update

I turned in my rfe on July 25 and got a denial within 2 weeks, they said I did not have enough hardship. Which I do not understand, how much hardship do you have to have. I have health conditions and depression and my husband has been gone for the last 3 years. So now I had to appeal and turned in my paperwork on September 16th 2019.  and now I just have to wait to see if they accept my appeal.  Now all I can do is just hope and pray they say yes. Anyone else in the same situation.

Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, gzmnvero said:

Congratulations!! Did you have a lawyer helping you? And could you briefly describe your hardship? If it's not too personal of course. thank you

On 9/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, Esmecig said:

status update

I turned in my rfe on July 25 and got a denial within 2 weeks, they said I did not have enough hardship. Which I do not understand, how much hardship do you have to have. I have health conditions and depression and my husband has been gone for the last 3 years. So now I had to appeal and turned in my paperwork on September 16th 2019.  and now I just have to wait to see if they accept my appeal.  Now all I can do is just hope and pray they say yes. Anyone else in the same situation.

I'm so sorry. I'm hoping that since they've been sitting on our RFE for so long that it's not a denial, but you never know with this. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

It took 2 months and I thought it was going to be 6 months or more for a response  but On Nov 15 got an update that they are going to reopen or reconsider my appeal

and today November 18th I just got status of an approval on my I-601 and an approval on my I-290b

So excited, finally some good news.

Please everyone don't loose hope  it's a long process but you just got to Hope and wait for good news.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Looks like we were finally approved today. We filed 9/17/18. This is after we were asked to return to the U.S. consulate in Ciudad Juarez. The website has updated our status, but we're waiting for the written instructions. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MarloMX said:

Looks like we were finally approved today. We filed 9/17/18. This is after we were asked to return to the U.S. consulate in Ciudad Juarez. The website has updated our status, but we're waiting for the written instructions. 

Congrats!

Timeline
23 hours ago, Esmecig said:

It took 2 months and I thought it was going to be 6 months or more for a response  but On Nov 15 got an update that they are going to reopen or reconsider my appeal

and today November 18th I just got status of an approval on my I-601 and an approval on my I-290b

So excited, finally some good news.

Please everyone don't loose hope  it's a long process but you just got to Hope and wait for good news.

Congrats! And thanks for the encouragement! So how long in total has it taken for you to receive a response on I601 ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.