GioRod

Would like to withdraw primary sponsership from my moms husband

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys

Hope all is well I would like to know if I can withdraw my sponsorship I am the primary and only sponsor . My mom and husband had there interview back in November and it was never approved it went in to further investigation and till this date nothing has been decided so I want to know if I can withdraw an stop it before he gets it . Reason why is because he has been caught in multiple lies and hiding tons of stuff from back home leading to think he just wants the green card.( I will not get in seep into to detail but yea )

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

44 minutes ago, GioRod said:

Hello guys

Hope all is well I would like to know if I can withdraw my sponsorship I am the primary and only sponsor . My mom and husband had there interview back in November and it was never approved it went in to further investigation and till this date nothing has been decided so I want to know if I can withdraw an stop it before he gets it . Reason why is because he has been caught in multiple lies and hiding tons of stuff from back home leading to think he just wants the green card.( I will not get in seep into to detail but yea )

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

As far as I know you can withdraw the complete AOS application before the green card is issued. Once issued there's nothing you can do anymore. So I would call USCIS asap and ask them if you can still withdraw the application although they already had their interview a few months ago but no GC issued yet.

5 minutes ago, C90 said:

As far as I know you can withdraw the complete AOS application before the green card is issued. Once issued there's nothing you can do anymore. So I would call USCIS asap and ask them if you can still withdraw the application although they already had their interview a few months ago but no GC issued yet.

ok got it  thanks for the info.

You will need to call where he interviewed. If they don't take calls Email, Put in the Subject line Urgent sponsorship withdraw, or something like that to make them open it asap. 

Then put in the email that you are withdrawing yourself as sponsor as his visa has not been issued. 

You can put in any other info in it if you would like or leave it very basic. 

Edited by Ontarkie

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Just now, Ontarkie said:

You will need to call the Consulate or Embassy where he interviewed. If they don't take calls Email, Put in the Subject line Urgent sponsorship withdraw, or something like that to make them open it asap. 

Then put in the email that you are withdrawing yourself as sponsor as his visa has not been issued. 

You can put in any other info in it if you would like or leave it very basic. 

Well he is here in the USA already pending green card it went into investigation the interview was back in October 2018 so it has not been approved yet . 

If the green card was not issued, contact us is to withdraw your i864. Try contacting the field office where the interview was held as well. Do it quick so you don’t waste any more time and there’s still time to fix things and not be on the hook for years

07/09/2018: ROC packet sent with USPS 2-day priority shipping

07/11/2018: ROC packet delivered to the Vermont Service Center

07/16/2018: NOA1 received by mail with 18 months extension (notice date 7/12 and check cashed)

08/07/2018: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail (notice date 7/27)

08/13/2018: Biometrics appointment at east Hartford, ct

2 minutes ago, p-ana said:

If the green card was not issued, contact us is to withdraw your i864. Try contacting the field office where the interview was held as well. Do it quick so you don’t waste any more time and there’s still time to fix things and not be on the hook for years

Yup thanks I'm going to see if I go straight in for an info pass appt because you know they just give the run around with the generic Uscis number

5 hours ago, GioRod said:

Well he is here in the USA already pending green card it went into investigation the interview was back in October 2018 so it has not been approved yet . 

I noticed after I posted that he was in the US. Call the center where he interviewed and fax them too  in case you can't get an infopass appointment fast enough. 

Edited by Ontarkie

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.