DonnieOlena

Starting to gather for initial filing

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys I have read and read until my brain is like a mush.

Starting the intial filing and very confused if apositle is need for my fiance's divorce papers, name change papers or anything else I need right now to do initial filing.

I am sorry I tried to search but having issues. I am from US and she's in Ukraine

Thank you for help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, drwalker887 said:

Guys I have read and read until my brain is like a mush.

Starting the intial filing and very confused if apositle is need for my fiance's divorce papers, name change papers or anything else I need right now to do initial filing.

I am sorry I tried to search but having issues. I am from US and she's in Ukraine

Thank you for help

I know I did not need it for my wife's final divorce decree when she was my fiancé and we were filing the K1.

This may be helpful.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Ukraine.html

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Bill thank you very much. She has ordered a new divorce decree as on she had was laminated and she also got the information to show the change ate marriage and change back at divorce of name. . I appreciate the help

And yes it will be the initial filing for K1

Edited by drwalker887
Added info

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You don't need apostille on anything and you don't need evidence of name change through/after marriage. It is sufficient that you just put all her surnames, maiden, married and current. You absolutely need proof of all terminated marriages, but to the best of my memory, not necessarily the marriage certificates. That is, if you follow the instructions and do not want/need to front-load. All these documents will be necessary at the Embassy stage. If you specifically want to front-load, please feel free to enclose everything you feel fit. I also suggest to provide your SO with a full copy of your filed I-129F petition and ask her to scan and keep copies of whatever she collated locally. In our case it has proven helpful a zillion of times.

Timeline

Thank guys that is what I have asked her to do. She was worried about the apostle. So that is good to hear. I will make sure we both have copies of all papers to be safe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, HP+IC said:

You don't need apostille on anything and you don't need evidence of name change through/after marriage. It is sufficient that you just put all her surnames, maiden, married and current. You absolutely need proof of all terminated marriages, but to the best of my memory, not necessarily the marriage certificates. That is, if you follow the instructions and do not want/need to front-load. All these documents will be necessary at the Embassy stage. If you specifically want to front-load, please feel free to enclose everything you feel fit. I also suggest to provide your SO with a full copy of your filed I-129F petition and ask her to scan and keep copies of whatever she collated locally. In our case it has proven helpful a zillion of times.

I agree.  We made three copies (probably excessive) at every stage (K1, AOS, ROC and N400) and they did come in handy quite a few times.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Yes, though we are only at the end of K1 stage waiting to schedule the interview, I've submitted my DS-160 and looked into I-485 to note that certain pieces of information migrate from one form to another to various amount of detail. I really felt comfortable having a full I-129F file with evidence at hand and see now that a printed DS-160 is a must for I-485.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 2/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, HP+IC said:

Yes, though we are only at the end of K1 stage waiting to schedule the interview, I've submitted my DS-160 and looked into I-485 to note that certain pieces of information migrate from one form to another to various amount of detail. I really felt comfortable having a full I-129F file with evidence at hand and see now that a printed DS-160 is a must for I-485.

DS-160 is not required for I-485 submission. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

DS-160 is not required for I-485 submission. 

Technically not. But people here are well known to forget what they wrote in their DS-160, which may cause trouble  at later stages

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.