JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning, I got a Favorable Recommendation  this morning. My NOS was recieved July 07.

Anyone knows the next step after this? Please explain. 

Now keeping my fingers cross for positive results from USCIS!

All the best to everyone, your favourable response is coming soon.

53 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

Good morning, I got a Favorable Recommendation  this morning. My NOS was recieved July 07.

Anyone knows the next step after this? Please explain. 

Now keeping my fingers cross for positive results from USCIS!

All the best to everyone, your favourable response is coming soon.

Congratulations! Now you wait for DoS and USCIS letters in mail. 

1 hour ago, laianjeiraab said:

Good morning guys,

Finally, I had a favorable recommendation!!!!! It seems that my recommendation was sent on August 26th, however I still didn't receive anything.

I just would like to know, if anyone here knows how long it takes to get my documents in my mail.

Thank you,

Angelo

Picture1.jpg

My recommendation was on 16th and I received the letter in mail on 3rd September. Nothing from USCIS yet. 

Timeline

Thank you for the information. Hope you hear from USCIS soon. I am awaiting my letter in the mail now.

Sigh see me heading to my mail box everyday.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

Update: called USCIS just now, waited on hold for 45 minutes and finally got my receipt number. Even though my recommendation was on 16th August, USCIS received my case on 4th Sept only! Don’t know why DoS unnecessarily delayed it 😕

Wow that was a long wait!! Happy you got the receipt number. Please post the number you called incase we have to call too. Hope they move fast now 

28 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

Wow that was a long wait!! Happy you got the receipt number. Please post the number you called incase we have to call too. Hope they move fast now 

I hope you receive your letter without having to call. It is very agonizing to wait for that long on hold. They don’t have callback request option. The number I used is ‭+1 (800) 375-5283‬

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

I hope you receive your letter without having to call. It is very agonizing to wait for that long on hold. They don’t have callback request option. The number I used is ‭+1 (800) 375-5283‬

Thank you, hope I dont have to call either.

Edited by Sunshine33

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Just updating my case hopefully helps anyone

Sent all my paperwork on June 14 (DS3035 and embassy paperwork for NOC)

my embassy filed the NOC on 19 of June

The check was cashed on June 22  

it took exactly one month to appear in DOS

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

After calling every day to USCIS for a month, sending emails to lockbox, DOS, to Vermont center and also contacting a local congressman...having 3 inquiries... 

Finally was DOS 212e email who talked to USCIS and gave my receipt number yesterday...

Checking my receipt: Case was received at another USCIS office on Aug 30, 2019.

Apparently some of others had the same issue...

I just put a request for expedite now and let's see how that turns out..I'll update once I have more

BTW haven't received DOS or USCIS mail...

Should I confirm my mailing address??? as it's different that my current address? I'm just worried...

I also hired a lawyer for the expedite... sorry guys this process is taking the toll on me .. and I see that others feel the same.

Best of luck! 

Edited by mibarillas

1 hour ago, mibarillas said:

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

After calling every day to USCIS for a month, sending emails to lockbox, DOS, to Vermont center and also contacting a local congressman...having 3 inquiries... 

Finally was DOS 212e email who talked to USCIS and gave my receipt number yesterday...

I just put a request for expedite now and let's see how that turns out..I'll update once I have more

Should I confirm my mailing address??? as it's different that my current address? I'm just worried...

I also hired a lawyer for the expedite... sorry guys this process is taking the toll on me .. and I see that others feel the same.

Best of luck! 

Is the address different than what you had on self addressed envelopes? Mine too came in mail after over two weeks of favorable recommendation and after I wrote an email to DoS asking why I hadn’t received the letter in mail. In fact, I could track my letter just a day after I wrote the email. They never responded to the email but I guess it did the job. 

1 hour ago, mibarillas said:

Best of luck! 

For my case, USCIS sent mails to the "current address", not the "mailing address" on the DS-3035. You will want to file AR-11 (https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAInitForm.do) to change your address as soon as possible.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:09 PM, Mrkz said:

my timeline so far:

19 august - NOS was sent

22 august - NOS was received and DoS site updated

28 august - fav recommendation sent

4 september - uscis lockbox accepted

Question: I was already selected for h1b and waiting waiver to apply for the visa. Once i get the approval, can i apply for the visa or do i need to wait for the approval mail from uscis?

update: status updated on web

Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office

Do you guys know what it means?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.