JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sunshine33 said:

Somebody please explain this to me. I was doing my regular checking of my status on the website and I am getting this message.

"" Currently there is no information about your case.""😱😱😱😱

HELP SOMEBODY HELP!!!! 

It's the same for me. Don't panic, it happens sometimes lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, eliottreid said:

It's the same for me. Don't panic, it happens sometimes lol.

Thanks a million. I was about to go crazy. This forum is a life saver. (Sigh of relief )

Timeline
57 minutes ago, waiver_req said:

Same here. Their website must be going through some maintenance or whatever.

the status will come back to what it were eventually. (Hopefully with some updates for some of us)

Thanks for your quick response, you saved me a day of continuously checking the website. Hope we all get some updates.

4 hours ago, Sunshine33 said:

Somebody please explain this to me. I was doing my regular checking of my status on the website and I am getting this message.

"" Currently there is no information about your case.""😱😱😱😱

HELP SOMEBODY HELP!!!! 

You will get a receipt from USCIS. That receipt has your case number. DoS case number cannot be used for USCIS tracking. If this is what you were asking

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline

The same to me.

Anyone know how long does it take from having a favorable recommendation to get the USCIS new receipt number?

It seems for some people is 7-10 days from others longer?!

Before calling I just want to make sure I leave enough time for them to receive the paperwork (as I understand DOS files an I-612 for you to USCIS). 

Any input helps 

thanks in advance 

Timeline
5 hours ago, kash88 said:

You will get a receipt from USCIS. That receipt has your case number. DoS case number cannot be used for USCIS tracking. If this is what you were asking

I haven't received a favorable response yet, still waiting.

2 hours ago, mibarillas said:

The same to me.

Anyone know how long does it take from having a favorable recommendation to get the USCIS new receipt number?

It seems for some people is 7-10 days from others longer?!

Before calling I just want to make sure I leave enough time for them to receive the paperwork (as I understand DOS files an I-612 for you to USCIS). 

Any input helps 

thanks in advance 

It took me exactly 2 weeks (from the favorable reco sent date from DoS case status) to get the final approval from USCIS in my mailbox. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, kash88 said:

It took me exactly 2 weeks (from the favorable reco sent date from DoS case status) to get the final approval from USCIS in my mailbox. 

Sounds good

Hi everyone,

Finally, I started my j1 waiver process after returning from my recent journey. I am applying under the NOS. I will be posting my timeline too as time goes by.

I posted the application on Monday using next day delivery USPS and it was delivered yesterday August 6, 2019.

Once I have a timeline uploaded I will post it again. Thank you everyone on this forum for sharing your experiences. It's been very helpful.

I hope mine goes fast, easy and straightforward too.

Timeline
3 hours ago, fetom said:

Has anyone been able to check the J1 waiver status? Mine stopped working yesterday, and yet it is not working 😕

It's not working for me either. Hope they come back with updates for all of us.

@eliottreid @Coco8 @JWaiver_2019

Update. Even if my waiver case never move forward (Fulbright, NOS), my lawyer still decided to file for H-1B without waiting for the waiver answer based on the multiple stays I had made in my home country for the last six years (I did cumulate the 730 days between 2013 and 2019). I just gave my lawyer the date of my stays which corresponded to my official travel history provided by CBP. They didn’t requested any further documentation. 

They filed expedite on 08/06 and my case was approved yesterday 08/07! There is all my fear of not ever going back home gone! 

Good luck to all of you still waiting for approval!

Edited by tendrementchoco

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.