JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2019 at 5:06 PM, eliottreid said:

That is incorrect. I know of at least 4 people who got it. Even in this forum you'll find people who got it.

Agree, depends on how you present your case and prepare in advance.

Hey all,

Is there anyone on the forum here who did not receive the hard copy of favorable recommendation in their mailbox. It's been 11 days since DoS issued me a favorable recommendation (online), however, they didn't send me the copy. I included 2 self addressed envelopes in my package, but I am quite surprised

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jpgs said:

I got my Favorable Recommendation!!! Hopefully you guys got it or get it soon!

@laianjeiraab @Lucky_Clove

0F719BE3-C9D7-4BAF-9389-C44F4258B2CC.jpeg

Congrats!!!!!

On 7/22/2019 at 11:40 PM, Coco8 said:

Yes, flights would be accepted.

The waiver branch contacts the Fulbright section within the Department of State. Fulbright always says no to any waiver request. So you should start putting together the information to prove that you were almost 2 years in your country already. The 2 years start to count from the time you stopped being on J1, so if you switched to F1 after J1, any vacation to your country counts towards the 2 years. 

I don't know your case, but the DS 2019 should list Fulbright as your sponsor. I think a lot of people get confused that Fulbright in your home country is not actually Fulbright; is just some random administrative people who organize stuff for the Embassy and DOS. Most of them are not DOS employees and sometimes not even Americans. Also, not all of their scholarships are Fulbright scholarships. That was just my rant of the day, sorry.

Hi @Coco8. My DS2019 states my program sponsor as the "US Department of State". I got hold of the actual officer who signed my DS-2019, who is highly ranked hierarchically and bureaucratically, and whom I have been in touch with regarding my case. He reached personally to his contacts at the Department of State and I am still waiting for an update.

I am aware that my home country Fulbright commission is just an administration which bridges my country to the US administration, and that they ultimately have no say in this kind of process. But I also know that the most doors you knock on, the greatest the chance to have someone answer back.

As the fall semester is starting in a month or so, my attorney has decided to fill for my H-1B visa next week with the travel dates I had during these last six years (I have more than the requested 730 days). Let's see how it goes from there!

Edited by tendrementchoco

On 7/23/2019 at 2:06 PM, eliottreid said:

That is incorrect. I know of at least 4 people who got it. Even in this forum you'll find people who got it.

23 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Agree, depends on how you present your case and prepare in advance.

Hopefully both of you are right and I am one of the lucky ones!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hardship waiver. Fullbright.

Sharing our timeline

USCS Case received January 06, 2018

RFE, November 27, 2018

Response to RFE received, January 29, 2019

Case on hold, February 29, 2019 (DOS took over)

DOS data attached

USCIS date of birth was updated, July 25, 2019

USSCIS name was updated, July 25, 2019

USCIS Case approved, July 26, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 5.28.52 AM.png

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Timeline
17 hours ago, Tissa said:

Hardship waiver. Fullbright.

Sharing our timeline

USCS Case received January 06, 2018

RFE, November 27, 2018

Response to RFE received, January 29, 2019

Case on hold, February 29, 2019 (DOS took over)

DOS data attached

USCIS date of birth was updated, July 25, 2019

USSCIS name was updated, July 25, 2019

USCIS Case approved, July 26, 2019

AWESOME 

On 7/27/2019 at 6:55 AM, tendrementchoco said:

Hi @Coco8. My DS2019 states my program sponsor as the "US Department of State". I got hold of the actual officer who signed my DS-2019, who is highly ranked hierarchically and bureaucratically, and whom I have been in touch with regarding my case. He reached personally to his contacts at the Department of State and I am still waiting for an update.

I am aware that my home country Fulbright commission is just an administration which bridges my country to the US administration, and that they ultimately have no say in this kind of process. But I also know that the most doors you knock on, the greatest the chance to have someone answer back.

As the fall semester is starting in a month or so, my attorney has decided to fill for my H-1B visa next week with the travel dates I had during these last six years (I have more than the requested 730 days). Let's see how it goes from there!

Any news? It's been 20 days for me, much longer for you and I'm going crazy lmao

Hey all,

I know how stressful this process can be, especially when you are in a situation of changing jobs. This forum has helped me a lot, and that's why I am sharing my timeline

June 16-NOS received by DoS 

July 16- Favorable recommendation sent (Dated July 12 on the hard copy paper I received, took a long time to receive the hard copy from DoS in my mailbox July 29)

July 23- USCIS received the DoS waiver recommendation  

July 29- Received I-797 notice of action in my mailbox , online USCIS case status shows I-612 approved on July 26

Wishing you all good luck !! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kash88 said:

Hey all,

I know how stressful this process can be, especially when you are in a situation of changing jobs. This forum has helped me a lot, and that's why I am sharing my timeline

June 16-NOS received by DoS 

July 16- Favorable recommendation sent (Dated July 12 on the hard copy paper I received, took a long time to receive the hard copy from DoS in my mailbox July 29)

July 23- USCIS received the DoS waiver recommendation  

July 29- Received I-797 notice of action in my mailbox , online USCIS case status shows I-612 approved on July 26

Wishing you all good luck !! 

Congrats, looking at your timeline it seems as if your process is faster than  some of the ones I have seen in this forum. Your case just cement the fact that there is no set timeline for this process.

Congrats Again

Hi all,

I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks and the DOS requested the Sponsor Views, but the Department of Immigration Services here at NIH said that they didn't receive anything from DOS.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Is there a way that I could contact the DOS to figure out what's happening? 

Thank you,

Angelo

waiver 2.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.