Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ionoone said:

Am I doing anything wrong? The tracking for the April 2nd shipment sill doesn't yield any results. 

"EXP 2 APR 2019A (Not found): No result found for your DHL query. Please try again."

Screenshot_2019-04-04-10-25-57-1.png

All looks right to me. Don't worry too much about it, it will probably be available soon.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

This is the email with personal info deleted.  There was additional stuff at the bottom on how to print etc which I didn’t include.  Basically the instructions they refer to at the bottom are to print that confirmation sheet and take it to the interview. 

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for being a valued U.S. Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) customer. Your electronic Visa application has been submitted.  
  Name Provided:    
  Country/Region of Origin (Nationality):      CANADA
  Passport Number: 
  Completed On:    
  Confirmation #:  

YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL IN A PDF FILE!
You must follow the instructions on the confirmation page in order for the U.S. Department of State to continue processing your visa application.

Ok.  We're talking about 2 different things.  This is confirmation of your DS-160.  It's from CEAC, not the Montreal Consulate.  This isn't the P3 and has nothing to do with Montreal. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

Also got this email

Thank you for your message to the

Immigrant Visa (IV) unit

Please note: the review process for mail received is eight weeks. Please do not contact us for an update of your file before eight weeks.

Thank you for your inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit at U.S. Consulate Montreal.

For questions about permanent residence in the United States, we are pleased to acknowledge receipt of your email. The IV Unit is not able to accept communication by facsimile machine or telephone, but we will review and reply to all e-mails in order they are received.  

We will respond to your immigrant visa inquiry as quickly as possible, normally within 10 business days.

This is a generic email everyone gets for everything sent in.  Not confirmation of the receipt of anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

All looks right to me. Don't worry too much about it, it will probably be available soon.

It's in Puerto Rico (the shipment from NVC). 🤣 

It's funny because everything that can go wrong with our application is going wrong. Hahah! I can't help but laughter about it at this point. We are already too late to marry as planned. 

PS: I had to enter EXP 02 APR 2019A ("02" rather than just "2"). 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

Interview date May 22 at 8 am!!!! So excited 

Awesome!!! I’ll be seeing you there!! Yay!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Darn.. received a reply to the submission, they sent the same email to my fiance who tried to email them to update my address:

"Thank you for contacting us.

As soon as the Visa Unit receives and reviews your case, we will contact you with instructions for the next steps in processing your case.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you review the detailed information regarding the K-1 fiancé visa processing available on the website of the Department of State here http://nvc.state.gov/k1 

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

So I guess they don't even have it yet...? 😰

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Got it!!!

P4 came! We are scheduled!!!! Yes!!! Grabbed may 22nd!!!!

Congrats!   So let me ask you this, because I think you did the same thing as I did.  You saw your case had changed to ready yesterday so you sent your P3 docs (without instruction from them that it was time).  So since yesterday afternoon they have accepted your docs and emailed the P4 so you could schedule interview.  Just want to check so I know what to (hopefully) expect.  I didn’t send my P3 info until 4:15 pm yesterday so maybe won’t see a P4 until tomorrow??? 😖

5 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Got it!!!

That's awesome! Congrats!! I think I may have jumped the gun on mine xD 

I'm guessing they have the three shipments that showed on DHL sorted in chunks by NOA2 date and might not have gotten to mine yet, though I know one person with my same NOA2 and shipment date got their interview booked already so I dunno how they've got this organized  😰

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Got it!!!

So great!!!!!  Are you going to go to Montreal with your fiance?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brylie said:

Yes! We scheduled may 22nd. Medical on April 17th

did we schedule the medical too soon?

I don't think so.  My interview is May 15th and my medical is this coming Monday, April 8th.  It'll give you guys plenty of time to get your results back.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brylie said:

We sent it around 3 yesterday. We updated this morning and received P4 this afternoon.

And you sent P3 without being asked to do so, correct?

1 hour ago, ionoone said:

It's in Puerto Rico (the shipment from NVC). 🤣 

It's funny because everything that can go wrong with our application is going wrong. Hahah! I can't help but laughter about it at this point. We are already too late to marry as planned. 

PS: I had to enter EXP 02 APR 2019A ("02" rather than just "2"). 

Wait WHAT?! Is it really in PR?? 

Oh my god. It really is. Wow. What a huge screw up. 

Edited by MeghanK

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
29 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Wait WHAT?! Is it really in PR?? 

Oh my god. It really is. Wow. What a huge screw up. 

Yup. 

At least it's technically not a huge delay. Since the consulate is focused on the previous shipment. Hopefully they'll be done with processing the March 19th applications by the time ours come in. 

Screenshot_2019-04-04-13-41-19-1.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

Interview date May 22 at 8 am!!!! So excited 

congrats!! where are you getting your medical exam done? ( i live in windsor also)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.