Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! All new here! Our NOA2 was accepted on January 8 and NVC sent our case to Montreal on February 5. I just checked this website https://ceac.state.gov and it says “Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.”.

I am confused though since I never received the packet 3. Should I not rely on this and maybe email them to make sure? Thanks for all your help! It’s reassuring to have you guys! 😎

Timeline
11 hours ago, Yahtzeegirl said:

Hey guys! All new here! Our NOA2 was accepted on January 8 and NVC sent our case to Montreal on February 5. I just checked this website https://ceac.state.gov and it says “Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.”.

I am confused though since I never received the packet 3. Should I not rely on this and maybe email them to make sure? Thanks for all your help! It’s reassuring to have you guys! 😎

We just wait (our case was sent to Montreal the same day, except our noa2 is Dec. 6 lol). At some point on CEAC, the 'last updated' date will change and that likely means they put packet 3 in the mail (or are about to). I've heard to wait until the next day and at that point we can send packet 3 and they might accept it. Until that date update, there's nothing but more waiting.

Edited by NicoleM

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brylie said:

So USCIS told you they hadn’t sent it yet but the NVC received it?

The USCIS told me on Monday my petition had been in the process of shipping since Feb 5, and was still at the CSC.  On Tuesday the NVC said they had received my case Tuesday morning.  So I guess the process takes 1 week and the shipping itself is overnight?  I have no idea.  I'm just glad they have it, and now have an idea of timeline from one place to the next.

Timeline
4 hours ago, NicoleM said:

We just wait (our case was sent to Montreal the same day, except our noa2 is Dec. 6 lol). At some point on CEAC, the 'last updated' date will change and that likely means they put packet 3 in the mail (or are about to). I've heard to wait until the next day and at that point we can send packet 3 and they might accept it. Until that date update, there's nothing but more waiting.

Thanks NicoleM! That’s what I thought! We’ll continue waiting! Best of luck on your visa process! 😀

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Brylie said:

They told me they hadn’t mailed mine yet at all. I just wonder if they really know if it’s gone out at all now. I’m not gonna call them anymore. I’m just gonna call the NVC. Unless the NVC doesn’t have it by end of February. Then I’ll call the USCIS back. The tier 2 I spoke with Monday told me she sent a reminder email to the agent to mail it and that I would receive a letter confirming once it’s mailed. That just doesn’t sound right to me lol.... 

Yeah.  I don't understand much of what's going on at the USCIS.  My guess is that yours will arrive at the NVC early next week.  Mine was pretty much exactly a week after those with an NOA2 date of a week before me.  For the most part, it's seeming fairly consistent...kind of.

Timeline

quick question for anyone who has already filled out the DS-160...currently working on it!

When they ask for all previous visits to the U.S...do I really have to enter every single entry on the I-94??

I've gone to the States a lot since I live only an hour from the border...seems kind of crazy to insert every one after so many years!!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, KevJo said:

quick question for anyone who has already filled out the DS-160...currently working on it!

When they ask for all previous visits to the U.S...do I really have to enter every single entry on the I-94??

I've gone to the States a lot since I live only an hour from the border...seems kind of crazy to insert every one after so many years!!

I have read that some people have done the last five visits and some have done the last 5 years (I-94)  I did the last 5 years to be safe.  Doing them all if you have a ton of visits seems excessive to me.  I had about 10 or 11 visits in 5 years.

Is all of that info on your I-94 when you drive across?  

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Brylie said:

You’re 8 days before mine! Fingers crosses that it happens next week! Congratulations!!!!

Oh... did you have all your immunizations? Apparently he does not.... I’ve been trying to find somewhere to do them all morning 

Yes.  My immunizations are up to date.  I had to get a new health card (I had an old red and white one) in order to look up my immunization records online with Public Health.  Your fiance should be able to just do them at his doctor's office.  

Actually, what I don't know is if the US requires vaccinations that Canada does not.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Brylie said:

I have all his immunizations records and he is short a bunch! They weren’t required by Canada at the time but are required here. Poor guy! I feel so bad he has to do this! He hates getting shots. 😢

Really?  What's he short?  The two countries are pretty similar on childhood vaccinations I thought.

3 hours ago, Brylie said:

You’re 8 days before mine! Fingers crosses that it happens next week! Congratulations!!!!

Oh... did you have all your immunizations? Apparently he does not.... I’ve been trying to find somewhere to do them all morning 

I think you can just go to any travel clinic... at least that's what we did. Can also get them at the medical exam I think. Most people only need 4 vaccines, MMR, chicken pox, Tdap, and flu shot through end of February. Some of those require two doses, which require time in between. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

I think you can just go to any travel clinic... at least that's what we did. Can also get them at the medical exam I think. Most people only need 4 vaccines, MMR, chicken pox, Tdap, and flu shot through end of February. Some of those require two doses, which require time in between. 

Public health!  It's free!  If you haven't had an MMR booster in your adult life, that's covered, as is TDap every ten years.  I got my flu shot while I was at the public health clinic, but that one is easy to get pretty much anywhere as well.  

1 minute ago, d24v said:

Public health!  It's free!  If you haven't had an MMR booster in your adult life, that's covered, as is TDap every ten years.  I got my flu shot while I was at the public health clinic, but that one is easy to get pretty much anywhere as well.  

Even better! Ours wasn't free at the travel clinic but it wasn't crazy expensive either. I've read that if you get them at the medical they are expensive, and if you wait until entering the U.S. they are, well, you can imagine, it's the U.S. lol $500 per vaccine? (totally exaggerating but... 😂)

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

2 hours ago, Brylie said:

Haha!!! Actually I was looking today and it’s more around 50-100 if you have to pay. Usually the health clinics give the immunizations for free here though. Health care isn’t nearly as expensive as people think here... until you get older... lol. That’s where it gets crazy.

Nice lol, good to know! I'm the USC and I really have no clue what healthcare other than my own is costing these days! 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.