Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

I got my packet 4 on April 12 and haven't been able to pay the fee either (no dates available). I just assumed that you had to pick an available day first, then pay, then go through to final scheduling, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the group that went before us? 😰

I reread my packet 4 and noticed it said:

"Fees

If you have previously paid all fees due to the National Visa Center, there will be no additional fees to pay on the day of the interview. If you have not paid fees at the National Visa Center, please be prepared to pay the following fees on the day of your interview.

K (fiancé/e) visas: $265.00 US, paid in cash only. "

But I thought this just meant if we haven't paid it online we have to pay in cash in person?

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.43.52 AM.png

Ohhh that explains it!! 

You chose the cash option! That's what makes it more complicated. It's not paying in person, you have to make a bank deposit. 

When I realized all this, I went back and chose credit card option. Paid it and then proceeded to book appointment. 

The email from the consulate is misleading. The visa fee MUST be paid before you can even book the appointment. Paying in person is not an option. So by cash option, you have to go to your bank and follow the instructions you got by email. 

@ChristinaC  you have to make bank deposit if you chose cash option. Can't pay in person. 

Edited by F + S

5 minutes ago, F + S said:

Ohhh that explains it!! 

You chose the cash option! That's what makes it more complicated. It's not paying in person, you have to make a bank deposit. 

When I realized all this, I went back and chose credit card option. Paid it and then proceeded to book appointment. 

The email from the consulate is misleading. The visa fee MUST be paid before you can even book the appointment. Paying in person is nit an option. So by cash option, you have to go to your bank and follow the instructions you got by email. 

I don't remember clicking anything to choose a payment type, but it's been a couple weeks since I started the process, how did you go back to change it?

Edited by Isabel&Will
Added additional information

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

I have no memory of this since I started the process a couple weeks ago 😂, how did you go back to change it?

Did you get an email saying you had to make a bank deposit? In my email it had given me a deadline to pay it by. 

I don't remember how I changed my option, I think logged out, signed back in and was able to change it. 

Edited by F + S

3 minutes ago, F + S said:

Did you get an email saying you had to make a bank deposit? In my email it had given me a deadline to pay it by. 

I don't remember how I changed my option, I think logged out, signed back in and was able to change it. 

No, I haven't received any emails related to this since my packet 4. I found a way to go back and edit my applicant status and courier but then it just takes me to the same payment page I attached above. When I was originally going through the steps, I remember once it hit the payment page that I didn't actually get to choose anything, I just noticed that there were no dates available and assumed I had to wait.

17 minutes ago, F + S said:

@Isabel&Will

This is the email I received after choosing cash option:

20190425_111715.jpg

Huh, strange, but no I never received this email. I wonder if maybe they just updated the system after the previous round of applicants? I sent an email to the email they had listed under "Visa Application Fee Payment Issues" of the Contact Us page to ask about it in case something else is wrong. Hopefully they'll just tell me that I have to wait for dates to open up

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview dates only open up the last week of every month.  Check Monday around 7:30am and they will be open. When I checked last month same time the dates were available so please be patient. Most likely only looking at June but I'm hoping July is open as that's when I want mine 🤞

2 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Interview dates only open up the last week of every month.  Check Monday around 7:30am and they will be open. When I checked last month same time the dates were available so please be patient. Most likely only looking at June but I'm hoping July is open as that's when I want mine 🤞

I'm fine with waiting, I just want to make sure I can pay and submit when the time comes haha 😅I haven't seen anyone in this wave of applicants mention that they were able to pay before the dates opened up so I'm assuming that we're not able to do so until that happens.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

I'm fine with waiting, I just want to make sure I can pay and submit when the time comes haha 😅I haven't seen anyone in this wave of applicants mention that they were able to pay before the dates opened up so I'm assuming that we're not able to do so until that happens.

I'm not sure. I paid for mine before it let me look at dates.

I'm not sure. I paid for mine before it let me look at dates.

Did you pay for it when the May dates were still showing? I'm thinking they may have updated the site after the last date release but I have no way to know for sure

Timeline
Just now, Isabel&Will said:

Did you pay for it when the May dates were still showing? I'm thinking they may have updated the site after the last date release but I have no way to know for sure

Yea end of March is when I started the process and paid for it so possibly?

Yea end of March is when I started the process and paid for it so possibly?

I gotcha, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see then. If the payment option opens up with dates becoming available then that'll solve that problem, and if it doesn't work at that point hopefully they will have replied to my email before all the dates are taken (automated email said they would reply within 3-4 business days so hopefully by next Wednesday?).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, F + S said:

Ohhh that explains it!! 

The email from the consulate is misleading. The visa fee MUST be paid before you can even book the appointment. Paying in person is not an option. So by cash option, you have to go to your bank and follow the instructions you got by email. 

@ChristinaC  you have to make bank deposit if you chose cash option. Can't pay in person. 

oh thats interesting, okay I will try and fix it to pay thru online then, just gotta figure out how.. 

19 minutes ago, AKJK said:

June dates are open!!

Got my interview date on June 12th at 8:30 :D

Holy I was not expecting this!! I got June 5, 7:30am better get to booking everything!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.