Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, alniki said:

If I recall, I thought the IMBRA pamphlet was just provided at the end of the DS-160 application as a link? I could be wrong though. 

You are right. The link was provided! 

I feel like this is a silly question, but I just want to double check - for the K-1 fiancé visa, the petitioner only needs to provide I-134 for the interview, and not I-864 correct? I keep seeing that I-864 on some checklists from Packet 4 and I just want to double check.

Thanks again for your help!

I-134 for K1 interview; I-864 for AOS

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If I recall, I thought the IMBRA pamphlet was just provided at the end of the DS-160 application as a link? I could be wrong though. 

Ah, the link is in the P3 checklist.  Check box for verification you received the pamphlet is in the DS-160.  Thanks!

The date on my case tracker updated again yesterday morning but I haven't received anything by email so I think I'll just have to wait it out and hope that they reroute my mail properly. How long should I wait without receiving my P3 before I try contacting them again? They haven't exactly been very helpful in letting us know whether or not they updated my address so I'm not even sure if they will reply with an answer that will actually help me 😥

Timeline
2 hours ago, Isabel&Will said:

The date on my case tracker updated again yesterday morning but I haven't received anything by email so I think I'll just have to wait it out and hope that they reroute my mail properly. How long should I wait without receiving my P3 before I try contacting them again? They haven't exactly been very helpful in letting us know whether or not they updated my address so I'm not even sure if they will reply with an answer that will actually help me 😥

We just got letter today in the mail from Montreal Consulate advising we could send P3 docs.  The letter is dated April 5th and that’s the latest date showing on ceac website.  I sent the docs on April 3rd so I forwarded that email and the attachments to them just now so hopefully will get P4 instructions soon.  

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

We just got letter today in the mail from Montreal Consulate advising we could send P3 docs.  The letter is dated April 5th and that’s the latest date showing on ceac website.  I sent the docs on April 3rd so I forwarded that email and the attachments to them just now so hopefully will get P4 instructions soon.  

Forgot to mention that letter was sent to my fiancé’s US address, not my Canadian address.  The letter was addressed to me however.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lori Johnson said:

Forgot to mention that letter was sent to my fiancé’s US address, not my Canadian address.  The letter was addressed to me however.  

Both my fiance and I got the document, although the canadian(me) got it a day later.

5 hours ago, Isabel&Will said:

Did you send *them* anything yesterday? If not, it could be an update that they changed your address but it could also be they mailed P3.  They probably won't send you a helpful answer. You could try sending in P3 and see what happens. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

3 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

Ah, I wonder if that April 5th CEAC update we got was actually them sending out our P3 as well...I resubmitted on the 8th and haven't received a reply yet so maybe it can still count if that's the case 😅

3 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

Oh strange, I thought it's supposed to go to the beneficiary... We used a PO box for my fiance's mailing address in the US...will try and get him to check it tomorrow since we weren't expecting it to go there. It would be a great anniversary gift for us haha

2 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Both my fiance and I got the document, although the canadian(me) got it a day later.

Ah that's reassuring, I'm fully expecting my version of the letter to arrive very late due to my address change (either through them holding off on sending it in order to update it, or due to the rerouting process).

1 hour ago, MeghanK said:

Did you send *them* anything yesterday? If not, it could be an update that they changed your address but it could also be they mailed P3.  They probably won't send you a helpful answer. You could try sending in P3 and see what happens. 

I re-sent the P3 on the 8th because our case status updated again on the 5th. It might just be that they didn't look at my submission until the 10th, but they haven't sent me a response yet like they did the first time. It's entirely possible that they've just hardly now sent out my P3 or haven't even sent it yet, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. My fiance will be checking his PO box tomorrow since a couple people mentioned that the petitioner received a copy of the P3 too. 

I won't be trying again until one of us gets the P3 in the mail

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Isabel&Will said:

Ah that's reassuring, I'm fully expecting my version of the letter to arrive very late due to my address change (either through them holding off on sending it in order to update it, or due to the rerouting process).

I re-sent the P3 on the 8th because our case status updated again on the 5th. It might just be that they didn't look at my submission until the 10th, but they haven't sent me a response yet like they did the first time. It's entirely possible that they've just hardly now sent out my P3 or haven't even sent it yet, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. My fiance will be checking his PO box tomorrow since a couple people mentioned that the petitioner received a copy of the P3 too. 

I won't be trying again until one of us gets the P3 in the mail

my p3 should be arriving soon then, my status updated on the 5th also. 

I just received an email reply to my P3 resubmission that I sent on the 8th a few minutes ago:

"Good Morning,

Thank you for sending these documents as requested.

As soon as the Visa Unit reviews your case, you will be contacted with further instructions."

So I suppose this means my P3 was accepted but I won't be getting my P4 until they've looked it over?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

There is a very good chance!

on the check list it says Police certificates, so is that just your police criminal record or whatever you call it lol

37 minutes ago, ChristinaC said:

on the check list it says Police certificates, so is that just your police criminal record or whatever you call it lol

Yes, but they changed the requirements late last year so make sure you go here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html scroll down and look under the "Police, Court, Prison Records" Tab for the new requirements

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.