Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, I am wondering what did you guys use for the I-134 proof?

1. I‐134 Affidavit of Support Signed in Black Ink
2. Most Recent Income Tax Returns 2017 2016 2015
3. W2's
4. Most Recent Pay Stubs 5‐6

Do you reckon this is enough to satisfy the Montreal embassy?

Edited by purem4g1c

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

Hey guys, I am wondering what did you guys use for the I-134 proof?

1. I‐134 Affidavit of Support Signed in Black Ink
2. Most Recent Income Tax Returns 2017 2016 2015
3. W2's
4. Most Recent Pay Stubs 5‐6

Do you reckon this is enough to satisfy the Montreal embassy?

My interview is May 15, so we made sure to get 2018 tax return & W2.  2017, 2016, 2015 IRS transcripts. (will try to get 2018 transcript if it's available by then) and a bank letter stating account balance and deposits for the year. As well as the I-134.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ChristinaC said:

hey everyone, my status changed to 'ready' so now i am waiting for packet 3 right? will it come thru mail or email???? 

You can send your P3 by email to Montreal consulate email yes.

Both my fiance and I received our Packet 3's by mail 2 weeks after we sent our P3 in.

Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 9:30 AM, MeghanK said:

Birth cert is just for beneficiary but it couldn't hurt to bring it for petitioner if you are able. You never know what the eff they might ask for, really. We brought mine and weren't asked for even a copy. If I remember correctly (it's honestly a blur what was officially asked for vs all the extra stuff we brought) you need petitioner proof of status, so if that's the case make sure to have at least one piece of documentation for that, which might be a birth cert. 

As for domicile, is your petitioner not living in America? You only need this if they are living elsewhere and in that case I can't think of much that would warrant need for "original" - maybe a lease or something. You can bring original mailed copies of utility bills and such. Again, I live in the U.S. and brought copies of all this stuff JUST IN CASE and as expected my fiance wasn't asked for any of it. 

Ok, great - thank you! That all makes sense. And yes, he is living in the US, but yes, JUST in case i will get him to bring all that stuff. 

For the people who successfully sent in their P3s before receiving it in the mail: did you guys receive a confirmation email that indicated that packet 3 was accepted before they sent you your P4? Trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and resubmit now that my ready date has changed twice

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

For the people who successfully sent in their P3s before receiving it in the mail: did you guys receive a confirmation email that indicated that packet 3 was accepted before they sent you your P4? Trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and resubmit now that my ready date has changed twice

I didn’t.  Just got the P4 2 hours later. I emailed my P3 within 30 minutes of my date changing the time after it went “ready”. I did get the automated email they immediately send to everyone of course.

Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, Isabel&Will said:

I memorized our WAC pretty quick from all the checking.. luckily my computer remembers this case number for me so I don't have to type it anymore 😂It would be nice if they made the difference between lower case and capital letters in the CAPTCHA more noticeable though 🙄

Hi.  Did your date change today?   Ours still has April 5 and so nothing happened today.  Are you going to try to resubmit?  I’m thinking I’ll wait until end of day tomorrow and then try again.  

Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, Isabel&Will said:

I memorized our WAC pretty quick from all the checking.. luckily my computer remembers this case number for me so I don't have to type it anymore 😂It would be nice if they made the difference between lower case and capital letters in the CAPTCHA more noticeable though 🙄

You don't need to worry about lower case and capital letters in the CAPTCHA. You can just write the letters without paying attention to whether they are upper case or lower case. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

Hi.  Did your date change today?   Ours still has April 5 and so nothing happened today.  Are you going to try to resubmit?  I’m thinking I’ll wait until end of day tomorrow and then try again.  

As long as you sent your packet 3 to the proper email address in the format they request, and your DS-160 was submitted properly, they will get back to you soon as they get to your case. I wouldn't send them a bunch of P3's might blacklist your email for spam or something.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lori Johnson said:

Lori didn't you receive the "don't send us anything until we ask for it" email?  If you did, no one is going to send you anything but the P3 request.   I'd go ahead and send in your P3 again.

3 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

No, unfortunately... Our date changed April 4 (which was when they sent us an email), and then again on the 5th (no email) so I decided to try and resubmit today in case one of those updates was the elusive "second ready". This is probably my last attempt and then I won't try again until the P3 comes in the mail (I've been trying to avoid this since my address changed and we've had no confirmation that they've updated it). 

2 hours ago, ionoone said:

You don't need to worry about lower case and capital letters in the CAPTCHA. You can just write the letters without paying attention to whether they are upper case or lower case. 

That's what I originally thought, but I often get the "you did not enter the CAPTCHA correctly" message, even though I've double checked that the letters match so I was thinking something else might be wrong...I think it's just me though 😂

Timeline

For those of you who have received your P3: did Montreal include the IMBRA pamphlet with it?  I’m under the impression they only give that to you at the interview. (There was not one in my P3)

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

For those of you who have received your P3: did Montreal include the IMBRA pamphlet with it?  I’m under the impression they only give that to you at the interview. (There was not one in my P3)

If I recall, I thought the IMBRA pamphlet was just provided at the end of the DS-160 application as a link? I could be wrong though. 

Timeline

I feel like this is a silly question, but I just want to double check - for the K-1 fiancé visa, the petitioner only needs to provide I-134 for the interview, and not I-864 correct? I keep seeing that I-864 on some checklists from Packet 4 and I just want to double check.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by alniki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.