Kowatti

After DS-160, Now What?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello guys.  We have our case #.  My fiancé completed his online DS-160.  Embassy has received our packet & when checking case status check, it says READY.  He also just told me that he received a letter with an MRV#.  We don't understand what the MRV# is for.  He received the letter via email & I didn't.  Phone service is very poor in his country, so we were disconnected before he could read the entire letter to me.  Does anyone know what he should do now & what is MRV?  Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, PandT said:

Hello guys.  We have our case #.  My fiancé completed his online DS-160.  Embassy has received our packet & when checking case status check, it says READY.  He also just told me that he received a letter with an MRV#.  We don't understand what the MRV# is for.  He received the letter via email & I didn't.  Phone service is very poor in his country, so we were disconnected before he could read the entire letter to me.  Does anyone know what he should do now & what is MRV?  Thank you.

CEAC status ready is normal. Usually you get an email from the embassy that they are ready for your interview. Some countries schedule one for you, others you have to schedule yourself. Check the US Embassy site for Senegal https://sn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/where-to-apply/

I found this by googling MRV http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hk/hk-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Timeline
2 minutes ago, C90 said:

CEAC status ready is normal. Usually you get an email from the embassy that they are ready for your interview. Some countries schedule one for you, others you have to schedule yourself. Check the US Embassy site for Senegal https://sn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/where-to-apply/

I found this by googling MRV http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hk/hk-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Thank you very much.  That's a great help to us.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, C90 said:

I went to the link you provided & now I understand.  I believe what the embassy sent him must be what they call packets 3 & 4.  From what I understand for Dakar Embassy, they combine both into 1 email that they send the beneficiary.  So the MRV thing is just the fee that he has to pay.  Thank you so very much.  I greatly appreciate your help.

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

for morocco NVC issues CSB and numbers for the new embassy 

so  could MVR be your embassy?

it would be like this MRV2019xxxxxxxxx

the embassy initials followed by  the year and the client  number

The stupid phone problems he has in that country is unbelievable.  We didn't finish talking before the phone cut off.  According to the link another VJ family member sent me, It's nothing more than the fee that you pay after you complete the DS-160.  I don't think it has any major significance for Dakar.  Once the phone starts working again, maybe he can read the entire letter to me.  Things appear to be different for each country.  I can tell you Dakar is special 😒.  When you get an email from them, it's not in English, but in French, they don't tell you exactly how they want things done to prepare for interview, when you call them, the person who answers the phone might be having a bad day & will give you a generic answer to your question ......Should I continue 😂?  I will be so glad when this is over with.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, PandT said:

The stupid phone problems he has in that country is unbelievable.  We didn't finish talking before the phone cut off.  According to the link another VJ family member sent me, It's nothing more than the fee that you pay after you complete the DS-160.  I don't think it has any major significance for Dakar.  Once the phone starts working again, maybe he can read the entire letter to me.  Things appear to be different for each country.  I can tell you Dakar is special 😒.  When you get an email from them, it's not in English, but in French, they don't tell you exactly how they want things done to prepare for interview, when you call them, the person who answers the phone might be having a bad day & will give you a generic answer to your question ......Should I continue 😂?  I will be so glad when this is over with.

i was wrong 

it is the fee to be paid

follow the link C90 gave you

Timeline
49 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

i was wrong 

it is the fee to be paid

follow the link C90 gave you

No problem.  I am learning as I go 😂.  We are all family going through this journey together.  Soon or later, we will be able to relax & laugh about all the stressful moments we experienced.  

I received my email today from NVC just stating the received my case and gave me my case # then just  go on the following site  nvc.state.gov/k1 and learn how to apply for the visa and prep for the interview, can someone please tell me what is the next step because my head is killing me with all this reading, I don't want to complete the wrong form. Thank You

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you make a mistake on the D-160 can you simply file a new one and use that new confirmation code?

Edited by Mekulisch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.