mafahad

F2A Spouse I-130 2019 filers

288 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ipeke said:

Congrats 👏🏻 We have simar process with you. Pd is 24 september 2019, CSC and still waiting. Your case made hope for us 

Was there any transfer of your case or did you take any additional actions? 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

No additional actions from our side other than just waiting.

We didn't get any official transfer notice but the approval notice contains the name Nebraska Service Center.

Hope yours will also get approved soon!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 11/7/2020 at 10:27 PM, Daxnet said:

No

I called USCIS to find out.

Cool. I will call them if I don't get reply of my online form. 
Did you also make the processing out of time request online in addition to calling? I had done it online and waiting the response, which they say will be by Nov 23. Do you by any chance have your service request ID?

They gave me a reference ID which is like this format:  SR [numbers] NSC
I looked online and it shows SR = Service Request and NSC = Nebraska Service Center. So, I have a feeling my case might also have been transferred to Nebraska.

Timeline

I am pretty confused about this USCIS response about "Outside normal processing time".

The first letter from USCIS I received was in Sept 30, 2019, that gave me IOE number and was sent by California Service Center. I filed outside normal processing time 10 days back and today I got the reply from Texas Service Center, and instead of replying any information about the case they said my address was updated in the system. Did anyone get such weird response from the USCIS?

USCIS.PNG

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 11/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, Daxnet said:

PD Sept 2019

Transferred from CSC to NSC on 23rd February, 2020.

Made an out of processing request recently and got the reply below..

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time.

Who has had a similar response ? How long will I have to wait for this extended review ?

Thanks...

Hey @Daxnet Through what web page or link or menu did you make the out of processing request? Because when I tried to make the out of processing request for my wife's case (which has a CSC PD of 8/23/2019), it said it was already within processing time, so I cannot proceed with that request. So confused how others are able to make the requests.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, hungryfornoa said:

Hey @Daxnet Through what web page or link or menu did you make the out of processing request? Because when I tried to make the out of processing request for my wife's case (which has a CSC PD of 8/23/2019), it said it was already within processing time, so I cannot proceed with that request. So confused how others are able to make the requests.

I used this link for CSC PD 9/25/2019 : https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Although my PD is after your PD, it allowed me to send the request. However, I got a very weird response from them (see the post above). Basically they responded from Texas Service Center and said changed my address, which I did not ask for. Also, I have heard some people call USCIS. I tried calling them and the automated voice doesn't even let me talk to the representative. I am so confused. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, sach21 said:

I used this link for CSC PD 9/25/2019 : https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Although my PD is after your PD, it allowed me to send the request. However, I got a very weird response from them (see the post above). Basically they responded from Texas Service Center and said changed my address, which I did not ask for. Also, I have heard some people call USCIS. I tried calling them and the automated voice doesn't even let me talk to the representative. I am so confused. 

I tried again using that link, but got the following message:

Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing 
times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information 
about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.

If you have other questions regarding your application or petition, 
contact USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

It looks like California, Vermont and Potomac service centers have case inquiry dates older than my PD (08/19/2019). So it could still be at California, but it's strange that it's allowing some to submit an inquiry with PD's way later than mine but others with earlier PDs cannot. We must be missing some key piece of information.

Edited by hungryfornoa

Timeline
19 minutes ago, hungryfornoa said:

I tried again using that link, but got the following message:

Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing 
times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information 
about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.

If you have other questions regarding your application or petition, 
contact USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

That probably confirms that my application is no longer with CSC, even though I got no receipt of transfer, which appears to be normal these days. Wish I even knew where it is.

That is so weird. I think your case might be with CSC and my case might have been transferred. So, based on the picture below of my initial notice, my PD is after your PD and it was sent from CSC.
From my above post, my answer (very weird one) came from Texas SC. 
The same link said it is "currently within posted processing times" for your case while created a service request of " outside normal processing time" for me although your PD is before mine.

But, we never know!!!

I tried to call them and chat with them online, and both system say I cannot chat or talk to representative. It is pretty frustrating. In my case, they changed an address, and I don't even know what they changed it to or why they changed. lol

USCIS2.PNG

Edited by sach21

Timeline
4 minutes ago, sach21 said:

That is so weird. I think your case might be with CSC and my case might have been transferred. So, based on the picture below of my initial notice, my PD is after your PD and it was sent from CSC.
From my above post, my answer (very weird one) came from Texas SC. 
The same link said it is "currently within posted processing times" for your case while created a service request of " outside normal processing time" for me although your PD is before mine.

I actually edited my post to add this while you were replying to mine:

>It looks like California, Vermont and Potomac service centers have case inquiry dates older than my PD (08/19/2019). So it could still be at California,

>but it's strange that it's allowing some to submit an inquiry with PD's way later than mine but others with earlier PDs cannot. We must be missing some

>key piece of information.

Got that ^ by looking through receipt dates for case inquiry on https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/.

I tried to call them and chat with them online, and both system say I cannot chat or talk to representative. It is pretty frustrating. In my case, they changed an address, and I don't even know what they changed it to or why they changed. lol

I'm gonna try giving them a call soon. We'll see how that goes. I don't expect to have much better luck there.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, hungryfornoa said:

I'm gonna try giving them a call soon. We'll see how that goes. I don't expect to have much better luck there.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Also, I found (from a different app) that you can actually keep on typing "chat with agent" on FAQ with Emma on their website and can actually live chat with first level officer. 
Some said you can ask for tire 2 agent and all, but I don't know what that is all tire or level is about.

22 hours ago, R gill said:

Hi

PD is 10/21/2019

california service centre 

Update new address with USCIS couple of months ago . Got a response number start with CA and ends with NSC . Reciept number start with IOE .

Did USCIS transfer our case from California to Nebraska service centre ?? 

Can anybody advise me please ?

Thanks in advance 

Timeline

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I am totally confused. How does this USCIS even ******* work?

Look at my first mail from USCIS where I got receipt number. It was sent from California Service Center (picture in the post above). I was under the impression and it is written on USCIS website (link) that it is the service center that processes my case. I filed out of processing time request and got reply from Texas Service Center (picture in the post above). The reply was they updated my address, which I did not request.

Finally, today I was able to live chat with USCIS agent. The agent said, my case is being looked at in Texas Service Center, which clearly means it is out of processing time of 7 months (my PD is 9/25/2019 -- or already 15 months). I asked the agent, when my case was transferred to Texas Service Center as I first got the notice from California Service center. The shocking response was "It was at the Texas Service Center from the beginning, it was not transferred". #######?????

I asked the agent to process the case as out of normal time, the agent said, he cannot do it because I got response of "address update" and need to wait 30 days minimum before sending any request. #######???

I am totally confused, has anyone contacted Senator or Congressmen about their case? How long do they take?

3 hours ago, sach21 said:

I am totally confused, 

Texas does process F2s from time to time.   The form letters at the beginning of the process don't really mean they are at the CSC.  It just means they are supposed to be sent there.   They will shift workflows from time to time and not always send out a notice.   You should reach out to the Ombudsman office before escalating to a congressman as they can actually see a case.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Texas does process F2s from time to time.   The form letters at the beginning of the process don't really mean they are at the CSC.  It just means they are supposed to be sent there.   They will shift workflows from time to time and not always send out a notice.   You should reach out to the Ombudsman office before escalating to a congressman as they can actually see a case.

Thank you Paul & Mary. I will definitely contact Ombudsman office as well. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have already contacted senator's office. 

If the beginning letter doesn't represent where the case is being processed, USCIS should change their link to reflect that. I checked, patiently, the processing time regularly. If I had known my case was in Texas SC, I would have contacted them 7 months back and not waited for slower California SC time.

(i) They don't tell you where your case is being processed -- or tell you wrong service center,

(ii) They tell you to wait certain period before even contacting them, and

(iii) When you contact them, they give you non-sensical answer and tell you to wait one more month because they gave you "an answer". 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.