mafahad

F2A Spouse I-130 2019 filers

288 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Hope everyone is doing ok and keeping safe!

Priority Date : August 29, 2019

Service Centre : California Service Centre

Anyone got approvals recently ?

Edited by PalRish

Timeline
16 minutes ago, PalRish said:

Hello All,

Service Center : California Service Center

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
20 minutes ago, PalRish said:

Hello All,

I filed like a week before you, same service center. It is my understanding that F2A I-130s are on hold due to Trump's ban. I'm waiting for my N-400 interview so I upgrade the I-130 from spouse of permanent resident to spouse of citizen.

Timeline
1 hour ago, hungryfornoa said:

I filed like a week before you, same service center. It is my understanding that F2A I-130s are on hold due to Trump's ban. I'm waiting for my N-400 interview so I upgrade the I-130 from spouse of permanent resident to spouse of citizen.

Thank you for your response. Good luck with your Interview. 

On 8/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, PalRish said:

Hello All,

Hi there, 

My PD is 15 July 2019, I-130 form approved on August 6th 2020 in CA service center. We are in NVC process. Good luck!

Timeline

On 8/26/2020 at 10:34 AM, PalRish said:

Thank you for your response. Good luck with your Interview. 

@PalRish I stand corrected, @HlyEK post just now seem to confirm that the USCIS is indeed still processing and approving F2A I-130's despite Trump's ban.

3 hours ago, HlyEK said:

Hi there, 

My PD is 15 July 2019, I-130 form approved on August 6th 2020 in CA service center. We are in NVC process. Good luck!

Based on @SusieQQQ's post here it sounds like USCIS and NVC are continuing to process the petitions and once they get to the consulate, the consulate will withhold issuing visas till the ban expires. So that's very good news. I feel so relieved to hear that as the application is only stuck on the last step.

Timeline
20 hours ago, hungryfornoa said:

@PalRish I stand corrected, @HlyEK post just now seem to confirm that the USCIS is indeed still processing and approving F2A I-130's despite Trump's ban.

Based on @SusieQQQ's post here it sounds like USCIS and NVC are continuing to process the petitions and once they get to the consulate, the consulate will withhold issuing visas till the ban expires. So that's very good news. I feel so relieved to hear that as the application is only stuck on the last step.

I think NVC is not processing documents that fall under presidential proclamation. Please see below. 

image.png.ec17e26d728d5d640b3a2688c53cabec.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/31/2020 at 8:25 AM, Krishna&Abhi said:

I think NVC is not processing documents that fall under presidential proclamation. Please see below. 

image.png.ec17e26d728d5d640b3a2688c53cabec.png

NVC is currently processing documents of F2A because mine was DQ on Aug 28th. It will be scheduled for interview at embassy consulate still but may either receive a waiver or deny based on proclamation. 

All processing of F2A is ongoing

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Twice_Ola said:

NVC is currently processing documents of F2A because mine was DQ on Aug 28th. It will be scheduled for interview at embassy consulate still but may either receive a waiver or deny based on proclamation. 

Very interesting and also hopeful.

Where did you hear about this part? Were you informed by the NVC or see it somewhere else?

may either receive a waiver or deny based on proclamation.

Best of luck at the interview.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, hungryfornoa said:

Very interesting and also hopeful.

Where did you hear about this part? Were you informed by the NVC or see it somewhere else?

Best of luck at the interview.

A lady from my country (nigeria) said she got a waiver during the first ban phase with F2A visa.

Am hopeful ever since i got DQ, my PD is Feb 19, 2019.

Timeline
On 9/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, Twice_Ola said:

Well, If that's the case, Then it is a very good news!!!!. Please keep us posted on this. 😃

Could you please provide us your Timeline. 

Edited by Krishna&Abhi

Timeline
On 8/30/2020 at 7:30 PM, HlyEK said:

Hi there, 

Hi, thank you so much. Hearing about your approval gives us some hope. Good luck with you NVC process!

Timeline
23 hours ago, Krishna&Abhi said:

Well, If that's the case, Then it is a very good news!!!!. Please keep us posted on this. 😃

Could you please provide us your Timeline. 

PD_ feb 14

Uscis  approval _ May 2020

DQ August 28 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.