Jump to content
Kat&J

Need help... NVC document issue

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We are at NVC.

 

We submitted Thai language Birth Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

 

and

 

We submitted Thai language Marriage Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

 

 

*****  NVC rejected both submissions. stating that we must submit original Thai language documents (w/ certified English Translations).

 

(I hope this makes sense to someone because it doesn't to me)

 

NVC is asking for the very documents that they rejected ?!?!?!

 

Is there a way to get them to review their rejection ?!?!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kat&J said:

We are at NVC.

 

We submitted Thai language Birth Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

 

and

 

We submitted Thai language Marriage Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

 

 

*****  NVC rejected both submissions. stating that we must submit original Thai language documents (w/ certified English Translations).

 

(I hope this makes sense to someone because it doesn't to me)

 

NVC is asking for the very documents that they rejected ?!?!?!

 

Is there a way to get them to review their rejection ?!?!

Thanks

You could call them, but you did submit BOTH the Thai document AND the translation, right?   Not JUST the translation? However, if interviewing in Bangkok, the translations were not needed.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You could call them, but you did submit BOTH the Thai document AND the translation, right?   Not JUST the translation? However, if interviewing in Bangkok, the translations were not needed.

Hi!

 

Thanks for the reply!

Yes we submitted both.

 

I did try to call earlier but auto message said something about "too many callers ...try again later"

 

In the interim , since posting. I have begun looking for a better scan. Perhaps it wasn't clear what they were looking at.

 

And I'll call back tomorrow and try and get through to someone.

 

I'll post here if I find out something.

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 9:33 PM, Kat&J said:

Hi!

 

Thanks for the reply!

Yes we submitted both.

 

I did try to call earlier but auto message said something about "too many callers ...try again later"

 

In the interim , since posting. I have begun looking for a better scan. Perhaps it wasn't clear what they were looking at.

 

And I'll call back tomorrow and try and get through to someone.

 

I'll post here if I find out something.

Thanks again

This is an interesting situation...........so you're saying USCIS approved the application, sent to NVC, and now NVC contacted you directly to inform you that your documents are rejected?   OK, so you sent a copy of the original beneficiary BC with an English translation........and a copy of beneficiary marriage cert, with English translation.   And they have rejected both.   I'm assuming that you have also sent a copy of the beneficiary divorce document, along with English translation as well.   If so, yeah, you're complete.     I would say your thought is good.   Try scanning both of the beneficiary original documents again, in a super high quality.    Assume that your translations are new and CERTIFIED?    They need a stamp on them saying they're certified.   Also send them high quality scans of that.   I labeled my beneficiaries with "Original Birth Certificate" and "Translated Birth Certificate".   

Also, there are two numbers for NVC..........call the 603-3354-0888...........seems to be less busy.   If you call at 7am eastern time, you should get through with little wait.   You can also inquire at askNVC, but they take about a week to respond.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DanielPlainview said:

This is an interesting situation...........so you're saying USCIS approved the application, sent to NVC, and now NVC contacted you directly to inform you that your documents are rejected?   OK, so you sent a copy of the original beneficiary BC with an English translation........and a copy of beneficiary marriage cert, with English translation.   And they have rejected both.   I'm assuming that you have also sent a copy of the beneficiary divorce document, along with English translation as well.   If so, yeah, you're complete.     I would say your thought is good.   Try scanning both of the beneficiary original documents again, in a super high quality.    Assume that your translations are new and CERTIFIED?    They need a stamp on them saying they're certified.   Also send them high quality scans of that.   I labeled my beneficiaries with "Original Birth Certificate" and "Translated Birth Certificate".   

Also, there are two numbers for NVC..........call the 603-3354-0888...........seems to be less busy.   If you call at 7am eastern time, you should get through with little wait.   You can also inquire at askNVC, but they take about a week to respond.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

You sure on that number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, santoki said:

You sure on that number?

Whether sure or not, it's not a valid US phone number.

 

Further to DanielPlainview, NVC is rejecting a documents that would not have been reviewed by USCIS.  There's no connection between the rejected documents and USCIS.  Please don't confuse those issues.

 

NVC always gives a "reason" for rejecting a document.  Usually it's simply that the document does not conform to their requirements.  Study the requirements and make sure the documents conform to them.  If you think they do, call NVC and discuss it.

 

Note that when submitting documents online, you may well submit the correct document but they will reject it if submitted upside down or sideways.  Both common errors.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×