Kat&J

Need help... NVC document issue

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are at NVC.

We submitted Thai language Birth Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

and

We submitted Thai language Marriage Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

*****  NVC rejected both submissions. stating that we must submit original Thai language documents (w/ certified English Translations).

(I hope this makes sense to someone because it doesn't to me)

NVC is asking for the very documents that they rejected ?!?!?!

Is there a way to get them to review their rejection ?!?!

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Kat&J said:

We are at NVC.

We submitted Thai language Birth Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

and

We submitted Thai language Marriage Certificate (w/ certified English translation)

*****  NVC rejected both submissions. stating that we must submit original Thai language documents (w/ certified English Translations).

(I hope this makes sense to someone because it doesn't to me)

NVC is asking for the very documents that they rejected ?!?!?!

Is there a way to get them to review their rejection ?!?!

Thanks

You could call them, but you did submit BOTH the Thai document AND the translation, right?   Not JUST the translation? However, if interviewing in Bangkok, the translations were not needed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
27 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You could call them, but you did submit BOTH the Thai document AND the translation, right?   Not JUST the translation? However, if interviewing in Bangkok, the translations were not needed.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Yes we submitted both.

I did try to call earlier but auto message said something about "too many callers ...try again later"

In the interim , since posting. I have begun looking for a better scan. Perhaps it wasn't clear what they were looking at.

And I'll call back tomorrow and try and get through to someone.

I'll post here if I find out something.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 9:33 PM, Kat&J said:

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Yes we submitted both.

I did try to call earlier but auto message said something about "too many callers ...try again later"

In the interim , since posting. I have begun looking for a better scan. Perhaps it wasn't clear what they were looking at.

And I'll call back tomorrow and try and get through to someone.

I'll post here if I find out something.

Thanks again

This is an interesting situation...........so you're saying USCIS approved the application, sent to NVC, and now NVC contacted you directly to inform you that your documents are rejected?   OK, so you sent a copy of the original beneficiary BC with an English translation........and a copy of beneficiary marriage cert, with English translation.   And they have rejected both.   I'm assuming that you have also sent a copy of the beneficiary divorce document, along with English translation as well.   If so, yeah, you're complete.     I would say your thought is good.   Try scanning both of the beneficiary original documents again, in a super high quality.    Assume that your translations are new and CERTIFIED?    They need a stamp on them saying they're certified.   Also send them high quality scans of that.   I labeled my beneficiaries with "Original Birth Certificate" and "Translated Birth Certificate".   

Also, there are two numbers for NVC..........call the 603-3354-0888...........seems to be less busy.   If you call at 7am eastern time, you should get through with little wait.   You can also inquire at askNVC, but they take about a week to respond.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, DanielPlainview said:

This is an interesting situation...........so you're saying USCIS approved the application, sent to NVC, and now NVC contacted you directly to inform you that your documents are rejected?   OK, so you sent a copy of the original beneficiary BC with an English translation........and a copy of beneficiary marriage cert, with English translation.   And they have rejected both.   I'm assuming that you have also sent a copy of the beneficiary divorce document, along with English translation as well.   If so, yeah, you're complete.     I would say your thought is good.   Try scanning both of the beneficiary original documents again, in a super high quality.    Assume that your translations are new and CERTIFIED?    They need a stamp on them saying they're certified.   Also send them high quality scans of that.   I labeled my beneficiaries with "Original Birth Certificate" and "Translated Birth Certificate".   

Also, there are two numbers for NVC..........call the 603-3354-0888...........seems to be less busy.   If you call at 7am eastern time, you should get through with little wait.   You can also inquire at askNVC, but they take about a week to respond.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

You sure on that number?

Timeline
4 hours ago, santoki said:

You sure on that number?

Whether sure or not, it's not a valid US phone number.

Further to DanielPlainview, NVC is rejecting a documents that would not have been reviewed by USCIS.  There's no connection between the rejected documents and USCIS.  Please don't confuse those issues.

NVC always gives a "reason" for rejecting a document.  Usually it's simply that the document does not conform to their requirements.  Study the requirements and make sure the documents conform to them.  If you think they do, call NVC and discuss it.

Note that when submitting documents online, you may well submit the correct document but they will reject it if submitted upside down or sideways.  Both common errors.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Pray tell, what was wrong with the first ones?  Sideways?  Upside down?  Not fully visible?  Help others by explaining the problem, so they can avoid it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, pushbrk said:

Pray tell, what was wrong with the first ones?  Sideways?  Upside down?  Not fully visible?  Help others by explaining the problem, so they can avoid it.

The only thing i did different was scan again. it looked like better scan. more details were visible.

holding the document in hand. i could read either scan. but i guess they were just being really particular.

advice...if scan can be made more clear. then use best one. IMHO i really didn't see much difference between the one the accepted and the one they rejected

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.