NinPran

IV 221(g) refusal letter

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My fiancé attended his interview today, which we were pretty shocked to what they requested. His interview was done in Albania, and lasted about 10 min. The person that interviewed him told him that they were not denying the visa however they requested to reschedule another interview date with both the petitioner and applicant to be present that day. Any thoughts on this? Has any one gone through this? Should I be worried?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stokes perhaps? Not exactly good when they specifically ask for the petitioner to even attend.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, NinPran said:

Hello everyone,

My fiancé attended his interview today, which we were pretty shocked to what they requested. His interview was done in Albania, and lasted about 10 min. The person that interviewed him told him that they were not denying the visa however they requested to reschedule another interview date with both the petitioner and applicant to be present that day. Any thoughts on this? Has any one gone through this? Should I be worried?

I do vaguely recall someone from our I-129F filing  month having this happen to them in Jamaica or somewhere close. I think from memory the beneficiary was unable to answer basic questions about his fiance and they did reschedule asking the petitioner to attend to ensure their relationship was bona-fide. I think they did get approved in the end. 

2 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I do vaguely recall someone from our I-129F filing  month having this happen to them in Jamaica or somewhere close. I think from memory the beneficiary was unable to answer basic questions about his fiance and they did reschedule asking the petitioner to attend to ensure their relationship was bona-fide. I think they did get approved in the end. 

I hope that is all that they need. Thank you for responding 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, NinPran said:

Hello everyone,

I can think of only one reason they would ask both to come......they have serious doubts about the relationship.  I would go very well prepared..

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wouldn't worry, see this as an opportunity to show the IO that your relationship is real.  Schedule the second interview, plan your trip to Albania, and go with your fiance and be VERY prepared to answer anything about your relationship.  They may even question you separately to see if your answers are consistent, so preparation would be a good idea.  Maybe your fiance did not answer questions about you that he should have known.  What questions was he asked in the ten minute first interview?  I would go a day or two before the interview to review everything submitted on the I-129 and other evidence, with your fiance, and also know basic things about each other so you are consistent and confident with your answers, even if questioned separately which may happen.  If your relationship is bona fide, and you talk all the time and share information about your lives, background, etc with each other, you have nothing to worry about.  Any red flags?  Age difference?  Language difference?  Previous marriages or K-1 visas?

Edited by carmel34

13 hours ago, carmel34 said:

I wouldn't worry, see this as an opportunity to show the IO that your relationship is real.  Schedule the second interview, plan your trip to Albania, and go with your fiance and be VERY prepared to answer anything about your relationship.  They may even question you separately to see if your answers are consistent, so preparation would be a good idea.  Maybe your fiance did not answer questions about you that he should have known.  What questions was he asked in the ten minute first interview?  I would go a day or two before the interview to review everything submitted on the I-129 and other evidence, with your fiance, and also know basic things about each other so you are consistent and confident with your answers, even if questioned separately which may happen.  If your relationship is bona fide, and you talk all the time and share information about your lives, background, etc with each other, you have nothing to worry about.  Any red flags?  Age difference?  Language difference?  Previous marriages or K-1 visas?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. My fiancé didn't know how to answer some of the questions about my previous marriage. We only have 3 years difference, and we both speak the same language since we are both from the same country. I personally think he felt as though they were asking way to many questions about my previous marriage. So I just confirmed the second interview with the embassy, I am hopping it goes well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, NinPran said:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. My fiancé didn't know how to answer some of the questions about my previous marriage. We only have 3 years difference, and we both speak the same language since we are both from the same country. I personally think he felt as though they were asking way to many questions about my previous marriage. So I just confirmed the second interview with the embassy, I am hopping it goes well. 

They may be concerned if your previous marriage ended recently and that is how you got your US citizenship.  It is sometimes seen as a way for a couple from another country to get to the US--one marries a US citizen to get citizenship, then gets a divorce soon after, then files a petition a short time later to bring the fiance to the US.  I'm not saying this is your situation, only a warning to be prepared to answer questions about the circumstances of your previous marriage, its timing, how long after you started a relationship with your current fiance, and if the previous marriage is how you obtained US citizenship.  Being from the same country, this is sometimes seem as a red flag and something the IO may be concerned about.  So be prepared in case they scrutinize your prior relationship in the interview.  Good luck, I hope the second interview goes well.  Please report back and let us know how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...

So guys, I attended the second interview with my fiancée. We were interviewed separately and asked the same questions. Obviously, we had the same answers, however, the officer told us she is still having a hard time making a decision. Excuse my language, to me this is all bullS...

She also made a very strong accusation by saying that she thinks, my first marriage was for immigration purposes, (meaning I married thy ex for him to get his papers which is absolutely not true.) How can someone just make a statement like that?! Just because Im divorced?! What, don't I have the right to get married again because the first marriage didn't work. I have no idea how long they will need to make a decision, I hope they don't make a decision based on their personal beliefs. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is a secondary interview which they are going  to conducted. This is a second chance for you and your beneficiary to prove that your relationship is legitimacy and they are going to compare your answers  if there is any discrepancies so be aware. wish you all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.