dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/1/2019 at 3:37 AM, Jmariega said:

Question... 

I got my husband’s police certificate in early January and just got my case number yesterday. On the NVC site it says that it expires after a year but someone told me that the country that he is in (Dominican Republic), the certificates expire after 30 days. If this is true then it expires next week. Does anyone knows if this is true. It seems like a short time. If it is expired can I still upload it for NVC and just get a new police certificate before the interview? 

Yes you can, you can get a new certificate before the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cammy0505 said:

We sent the tax return transcript

Wow! That’s crazy. This NVC process is just very unorganized. They change requirements as they see fit with no rhyme or reason. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Cammy0505 said:

I don't have the answer. We called up and the handler said that we need to upload the transcript not the return transcript. So not sure on the next step

In this case is it wise for the petitioner to send the tax account transcripts to NVC via email before the sent AOS and civil documents are reviewed? Just to avoid the delays. 

7 minutes ago, DamilolaA said:

In this case is it wise for the petitioner to send the tax account transcripts to NVC via email before the sent AOS and civil documents are reviewed? Just to avoid the delays. 

Everything else has been reviewed and accepted

8 minutes ago, Olori said:

Does it give you an option to upload the new transcripts requested? So you can upload the tax transcripts?

No it does not. It was in extra information as a household sponsor is being used. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cammy0505 said:

No it does not. It was in extra information as a household sponsor is being used. 

you need to send transcripts for the petitioner and other sponsors. I am assuming you only sent transcript for only yourself or did you also include your household member's transcript?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Cammy0505 said:

W2’s go in additional documents, not tax transcripts. The transcripts go under Federal tax return or transcript under your household sponsor’s name. You have to request NVC to add your household sponsor, then upload their information. Look at page 11 on this forum, you will see an example if you scroll to the bottom. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
25 minutes ago, JEET_S said:

you need to send transcripts for the petitioner and other sponsors. I am assuming you only sent transcript for only yourself or did you also include your household member's transcript?

Hi, Jeet 

Sorry for asking direct questions to you but as we are in same boat i thought i could use your help on getting few things straighten up, if you dont mind please share some knowledge.

I've petitioned my wife to bring US from India, and i am originally from India US Citizen. So my file has got received in NVC and have to wait few weeks to till case get assigned. Meanwhile what do i need to prepare for?  what are the documents i need to submit and prepare? can you please list if you dont mind for preparing the package? will 2018 year tax should be ok to submit as i have made less in year 17& 16 under poverty guidelines but for the 2018 i've made $32k? Please help me out with questions if you can.

Thanks-

Timeline
14 minutes ago, lpag21 said:

Hi, Jeet 

Sorry for asking direct questions to you but as we are in same boat i thought i could use your help on getting few things straighten up, if you dont mind please share some knowledge.

I've petitioned my wife to bring US from India, and i am originally from India US Citizen. So my file has got received in NVC and have to wait few weeks to till case get assigned. Meanwhile what do i need to prepare for?  what are the documents i need to submit and prepare? can you please list if you dont mind for preparing the package? will 2018 year tax should be ok to submit as i have made less in year 17& 16 under poverty guidelines but for the 2018 i've made $32k? Please help me out with questions if you can.

Thanks-

If you have your 2018 tax transcripts I think you should be fine, If you do not however, you will need to find a joint sponsor.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, lpag21 said:

Hi, Jeet 

Thanks-

Since nvc just received your case, you will have to wait 6-7 weeks to get your case number. Until then, i would assume your 2018 tax return transcript would be available assuming u already filed your taxes electronically.  If not then u will need a co sponsor. Note: tax return transcripts are now mandatory for both petitioner and co sponsor. For civil documents make sure u ask your wife to get police clearance certificate from passport office ahead of time because i know in india, they can take forever with preparing such documents as u know too how india operates....smh....other than that, everything is pretty simple. You can go on nvc website to see what supporting documents you need. Feel free to ask me questions once u receive your case number and invoice id. You can start calling nvc after two weeks they receive your case, maybe they can give u case number over the phone. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JEET_S said:

Since nvc just received your case, you will have to wait 6-7 weeks to get your case number. Until then, i would assume your 2018 tax return transcript would be available assuming u already filed your taxes electronically.  If not then u will need a co sponsor. Note: tax return transcripts are now mandatory for both petitioner and co sponsor. For civil documents make sure u ask your wife to get police clearance certificate from passport office ahead of time because i know in india, they can take forever with preparing such documents as u know too how india operates....smh....other than that, everything is pretty simple. You can go on nvc website to see what supporting documents you need. Feel free to ask me questions once u receive your case number and invoice id. You can start calling nvc after two weeks they receive your case, maybe they can give u case number over the phone. 

Also make sure your wife gets digital copies of 2 in x 2 in size passport photos and she should email it over to you so u can upload on ceac. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JEET_S said:

Yes, I have filed electronically and have requested for Transcript hopefully i should be having it without any issue or i have to have till i get transcript as i am not able qualify for myself for previous year.

When you say digital copies of passport photos, do i have scan them and make it ready as i already have her pics with me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.