Jump to content
Ninihini

Administrative processing to ready and then change to Administrative processing again

42 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm so confuse What's going on before they change the CEAC status to Ready (for the interview) even though my husband already had his interview and then same day they change the status to AP again and now there is no update or status change yet. Can someone help me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninihini said:

I'm so confuse What's going on before they change the CEAC status to Ready (for the interview) even though my husband already had his interview and then same day they change the status to AP again and now there is no update or status change yet. Can someone help me? 

Could mean many things.

 

They can be printing the visa and getting ready to issue it.

 

They can just be updating his file, yet still processing the case.

 

If you were given a 221g for more documents & you provided the docs, then they’re probably done reviewing them. If you were placed in the black hole of AP with no docs requested then you just gotta wait it out and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they have asked him for some doc which he submitted and last week he got a phone call from the embassy saying that in few days his medical gonna expire so it is possible for you to travel before that date and he said yes then that guy said ok the courier service will contact you for your passport after that I checked the status and it said ready and same day it said AP again now today I have checked and its updated but not change to anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MMM. said:

From your post and call from embassy shows his passport will return with visa stamped this week. Keep posted on progress 

Crossing my fingers and I hope so 😐 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MMM. said:

Between when he was interviewed and did embassy asked him to provide any docs or travel history after interview?

His interview was on 20th of August 2018 and he asked to submit some additional documents which he did so. Everytime when I emailed them they answer me back quickly but from last 2 days since they called my husband I'm trying to email them but they're not replying me back thats weird tho. Today the status updated but it remains the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ninihini said:

I'm so confuse What's going on before they change the CEAC status to Ready (for the interview) even though my husband already had his interview and then same day they change the status to AP again and now there is no update or status change yet. Can someone help me? 

This is normal. You are worrying yourself too much. It is going to jump between different updates before it gets issued.


“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ninihini said:

Yeah they have asked him for some doc which he submitted and last week he got a phone call from the embassy saying that in few days his medical gonna expire so it is possible for you to travel before that date and he said yes then that guy said ok the courier service will contact you for your passport after that I checked the status and it said ready and same day it said AP again now today I have checked and its updated but not change to anything else. 

Hello we r in the same situation we submitted more documents on the 8th of jan since Jan 14th our case on ceac says administrative processing.  How long long after you submitted your document's did u get a call from the embassy? Also when my husband went to his interview they never called him to the window to pay before his interview.  The couselor kept original birth certificate and.marriage license.  What are your thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Zaks said:

Hello we r in the same situation we submitted more documents on the 8th of jan since Jan 14th our case on ceac says administrative processing.  How long long after you submitted your document's did u get a call from the embassy? Also when my husband went to his interview they never called him to the window to pay before his interview.  The couselor kept original birth certificate and.marriage license.  What are your thoughts? 

I have submitted on the 21st of dec 2018 then they ask for another doc which I submitted on 18th of Jan and on 24th of Jan my husband have received a phone call from the embassy. My husband had submitted all the required doc and fees on the CEAC website so he didn't have to pay at the time of his interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for the status to change it get stuck in AP idk what's going on 😔 they aren't even replying to any of my emails before they reply in 20 30 mins but now m not even getting their auto reply that they have received my emails. 

Edited by Ninihini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ninihini said:

Still waiting for the status to change it get stuck in AP idk what's going on 😔 they aren't even replying to any of my emails before they reply in 20 30 mins but now m not even getting their auto reply that they have received my emails. 

were you asked to submit a questionnaire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, msa1234 said:

Should not worry then. It's a pre-cursor to further security checks and results in longer administrative processing.

I don't know why I'm unable to send them emails before it wasn't like that and then what was the reason of the call which my husband received last week from embassy and then status changed from AP to ready and then again to AP same day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×