Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am From the States and my husband is from Nigeria,we both live and work in Qatar, 
Got married in 2018, but his tourist visa was denied twice. The immigrate officer suggested that he apply for the spouse visa on his last interview...
So now we are processing a “spouse visa” so he can be able to meet my family.......
My questions is
 1. can I as an American citizen still live and work abroad while My husband stays back in the US with my family  after our visits for a year or two to be able to keep the green card before he gets his citizenship.. 
2. Or must I permanently move back to the US with him on these process ? 




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



the second one, you can file for him, once you have decided to live permanently in the US. the green card is for permanently living in the US


so when you decide to return home to live here, you can file for him





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



There is a reason it has "resident" in the permanent resident status. If you read the requirements from the official site, it strictly states that a PR must be living in the US. That and paying taxes is a hard requirement.




We understand your frustration. Many people can't simply get a tourist visa for short visits to the US. It is the price many good people pay for the bad ones who abused their visitor visas in the past.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.