Jcccccc

Senior in high school thinking of going back to Philippines for College

11 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Jcccccc said:

I am currently a senior in high school and I want to go back to the philippines to study nursing.is it a bad decision? 

Collsge expenses here are too much. Will it be hard for me to get a job once I come back here? I am a green card holder btw. 

The issue is that you will need to pass the NCLEX and a lot of Universities over there do not test or have you study for that. 

What state are you in btw? Are you going to school for a BSN or just a RN? If it was just a RN then you can go to a community college and do that if you wanted to. 

I have personally seen parents seen their kids to the Philippines for schooling without issues. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Jcccccc said:

I am currently a senior in high school and I want to go back to the philippines to study nursing.is it a bad decision? 

Collsge expenses here are too much. Will it be hard for me to get a job once I come back here? I am a green card holder btw. 

As you may have noticed on the Philippine forum there are lots of nurses that come to the USA  .. haven't heard of any that had many issues.   And every nurse I know of got a job without issue

As for your green card, being out of the country for a year (or even less) can cause issues, even with an I-131.   USCIS could consider that you have abandoned your LPR status.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

Are you eligible to obtain USC yet?   Are your parents LPR or eligible for USC ?  <  This would remove the worry about being out of the USA for extended time.

Of course once you are a USC you will want to obtain dual citizenship with the Philippines so that you can stay there for extended time without issue.   (alway something .. ;)  )

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

The issue is that you will need to pass the NCLEX and a lot of Universities over there do not test or have you study for that. 

What state are you in btw? Are you going to school for a BSN or just a RN? If it was just a RN then you can go to a community college and do that if you wanted to. 

I have personally seen parents seen their kids to the Philippines for schooling without issues. 

This is pretty good advice. 

Yiou only need a 2 years degree if you study nursing in USA and get an Associates Degree in Nursing in USA, You will need a BSN from Philippines in order to sit for the NCLEX in USA.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, Jcccccc said:

You only need Jr College Degree to be a RN In USA. Have you looked into Community colleges in your area

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Just a side note, if you are US Citizen the Philippines is very racist when it comes to  Professional Licenses.

You can't sit for the nursing boards or most any other Professional LIcenses unless you are a Philippines Citizens.

Pretty sure she got the Philippines citizenship thing covered since she's a green card holder considering going back to the Philippines.  😂

SideNote:

If you look at the passing rate of the NCLEX exam for 2018

US Schooled applicants have about 88% pass rate

First Time Applicants  for Internationally Educated have about 45% pass rate

And those taking the test again that are internationally educated have about a 25% pass rate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.