Pshine

N-400 Atlanta : sharing my interview story

11 posts in this topic

I arrived at 1:45pm for my 2:15pm interview. After I finished checking in and headed upstairs it was about 2:10. The check in line was very crowded. I was finally called in for my interview at about 2:30. The officer asked me to raised and hand and repeat words after him. We then sat down and I was asked to verify my name and birth date. He then asked me to read and write something for the English portion. He then asked me 6 questions, which a I answered correctly. He went over the application, correcting any mistakes and adding documents that I may did not submit  when I filed. We discussed my name change, the Oath ceremony. At the end he recommended my application for approval.  Overall the process was very relaxed and I think that was because of my interviewing officer. 

Edited by Pshine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pshine said:

I arrived at 1:45pm for my 2:15pm interview. After I finished checking in and headed upstairs it was about 2:10. The check in line was very crowded. I was finally called in for my interview at about 2:30. The officer asked me to raised and hand and repeat words after him. We then sat down and I was asked to verify my name and birth date. He then asked me to read and write something for the English portion. He then asked me 6 questions, which a I answered correctly. He went over the application, correcting any mistakes and adding documents that I may did not submit  when I filed. We discussed my name change, the Oath ceremony. At the end he recommended my application for approval.  Overall the process was very relaxed and I think that was because of my interviewing officer. 

Out of curiosity (and for future reference).......What were you required to read and write? And what questions did he ask? 

15 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Out of curiosity (and for future reference).......What were you required to read and write? And what questions did he ask? 

Read: when is Presidents Day. Write: American Indians lived here first. Questions: why colonist fought the British? Who’s Vice President? What happened September 11th? What group of people came to the USA as slaves? How

many amendments are there? 

I forgot the last question. The interview wasn’t very hard. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Pshine said:

Read: when is Presidents Day. Write: American Indians lived here first. Questions: why colonist fought the British? Who’s Vice President? What happened September 11th? What group of people came to the USA as slaves? How

many amendments are there? 

I forgot the last question. The interview wasn’t very hard. 

Thank you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning Pshine,

My wife's interview is February 5th.  Thanks for the update on your interview and congratulations.  I assume the agent did not give you a ceremony date and assume they said you would receive something in the mail.  

Just wondering what part of Atlanta you live.  We are in Marietta.  

God bless

6 hours ago, JohnE said:

Good morning Pshine,

My wife's interview is February 5th.  Thanks for the update on your interview and congratulations.  I assume the agent did not give you a ceremony date and assume they said you would receive something in the mail.  

God bless

Hi JohnE, thank you! He didn’t give any idea of when the ceremony will be but that I will receive something in the mail. I checked online today but only update is that my application was approved and a letter would be mailed when oath is scheduled. I’m hoping sooner than later. I’m in Atlanta. Good Luck to your wife. 

6 hours ago, JohnE said:

Good morning Pshine,

God bless

He also had my entire file of everything I have ever submitted from AOS. I was impressed 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, Pshine said:

How long did the whole process take you? I submitted my N-400 in July 2018 in the Atlanta office and still currently showing 11 months left. I haven't had the interview yet.

9 hours ago, Spaniard14 said:

How long did the whole process take you? I submitted my N-400 in July 2018 in the Atlanta office and still currently showing 11 months left. I haven't had the interview yet.

It took 11 months total. I submitted February 2018 and got inter January 2019. Even when I got my interview my case was still showing August 2019 to complete. I wouldn’t really go off of that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.