rybeca

Urgent help pertaining to documents needed for interview.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi,

We are getting close or my fiance's interview in Guayaquil, Ecuador on February 6th, 2019.  I originally created two of every documents in our original application (all finances, affidavits, official forms, etc, passport docs, etc..) in order to send to her before her interview to have to take with her.  After updating some things (proof of support, recent passport stamps, flights), two weeks ago on January 7th, I sent all documents (100 pages worth) to her via USPS Priority International mail.  The problem is that it just left the USA on Friday, January 18th to Quito, Ecuador, and when my fiance called the postal service in her country today, they said it would take another 20 business days to get to her.  This would be too late for her interview.  She just had her medical exam today, timed right to be shortly before her interview.  We already paid for everything after many can agree is a very long and frustrating process.

My question is, do we need all the original signed documents for the interview, or can I send her via email all the scanned documents for her to print?

Thanks

P.S.  We didn't have many mailing options.  No Fedex delivery to her hometown or interview location, and I don't have DHL service anywhere near where I live.  So I choose USPS Priority International (6-10 business days).

Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

The only thing original needed is possibly the signature on the I-134

That's what I'm reading as well.  This is such an unfortunate part of the process, to be possibly held up with unpredictable mail services.  It's been a long and costly process already.  Doesn't the embassy/consulate have the original signed document as well which we sent in with the original application?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, rybeca said:

That's what I'm reading as well.  This is such an unfortunate part of the process, to be possibly held up with unpredictable mail services.  It's been a long and costly process already.  Doesn't the embassy/consulate have the original signed document as well which we sent in with the original application?

Sure but the information contained is stale

YMMV

Timeline
59 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Sure but the information contained is stale

Not on the I-134, wouldn't that have the same information as it was at the time?  All the other's I can just have her print out, including updated supporting documents.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

your mileage may vary, but I have had great experiences getting answers to these types of questions directly from the US Embassy. "here is what i understand to be the requirement. here is our situation/problem/etc. Here are a few things i can do that may or may not be helpful. what do you recommend?"

Every reply we got not only reduced the guessing  and stress on our part but also the amount of "extra stuff" gathering for the interview.

For certain you arent their first case with this challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I found the way to go through Fedex, reprinted everything and signed the documents needed, and  it got there in only two days.  And guess what, our original package got to her yesterday (after 4 weeks), just a couple of days before she leaves to the city where she will do her interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.