M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, PirataCoqui said:

Ours is currently in transit... excited!!

Ours too!! Woohoo!! I can't wait to get the P3 email (maybe end of next week, I hope?) and schedule the interview.

My fiance had his medical appointment with Dra. Grillo this morning, since he had to be in Buenos Aires anyway. Everything went well. He recently got all his vaccinations up to date, and Dra. Grillo accepted most of those. But the triple viral he had to get again, for reasons that are unclear. Maybe his paperwork for that one wasn't acceptable. Anyway, if anyone has concerns about your vaccinations, you can definitely get them re-done there at the appointment.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

My fiance had his medical appointment with Dra. Grillo this morning, since he had to be in Buenos Aires anyway. Everything went well. He recently got all his vaccinations up to date, and Dra. Grillo accepted most of those. But the triple viral he had to get again, for reasons that are unclear. Maybe his paperwork for that one wasn't acceptable. Anyway, if anyone has concerns about your vaccinations, you can definitely get them re-done there at the appointment.

You need two shots of the triple viral. Maybe he only had one. I got the influenza one in the appointment. 

19 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

Ours too!! Woohoo!! I can't wait to get the P3 email (maybe end of next week, I hope?) and schedule the interview.

Also, FYI, Dra. Grillo did confirm that during the K-1 process you DO have the option to opt to to them in USA.  For those that can't or don't want to do them in Argentina or whatever.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
3 minutes ago, cyndirocham said:

Does anyone know if I can get an appointment with Dr. Grillo on Saturday? or its only Mon to Fri?

You should email her and ask if she takes people on Saturday. I don't know of any case. 

You can try also the other doctor in the instructions, Dr Kelly, maybe he will.

3 minutes ago, andreaam said:

You need two shots of the triple viral. Maybe he only had one. I got the influenza one in the appointment. 

Dra. Grillo told us he had the option of getting the vaccines in USA.  Not that it matters for your case now.  But, FYI for others. :)

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

Dra. Grillo told us he had the option of getting the vaccines in USA.  Not that it matters for your case now.  But, FYI for others. :)

They are cheaper here though. I got the neumococcia here and it was 600 pesos because my insurance cover it partially and my fiance asked how much it was in NY and was about 100 dollars

Timeline
4 minutes ago, andreaam said:

You should email her and ask if she takes people on Saturday. I don't know of any case. 

You can try also the other doctor in the instructions, Dr Kelly, maybe he will.

yeah! i will! thanks :)

3 minutes ago, andreaam said:

They are cheaper here though. I got the neumococcia here and it was 600 pesos because my insurance cover it partially and my fiance asked how much it was in NY and was about 100 dollars

Yes, that I know, which is why we thought of doing them there.  But, Dra. Grillo said they were out of the antigripal at Trinidad last week and they could still be out.  Since she recommended that all of them had to be done either at Argentina or at USA, we just decided to do them all at USA.  I just wanted people to be aware it is an option and the decision can be done. :)

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

Yes, that I know, which is why we thought of doing them there.  But, Dra. Grillo said they were out of the antigripal at Trinidad last week and they could still be out.  Since she recommended that all of them had to be done either at Argentina or at USA, we just decided to do them all at USA.  I just wanted people to be aware it is an option and the decision can be done. :)

Great! Thanks for let us all know about that just in case!

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, ReyOfJakku said:

Looks like we are on the same timeline! 

My fiancé went to her doctor this week to get most/all of the shots she needed with the hope that they transfer over, since she has prepaid medical plan in Argentina. We are anxiously waiting for that email from the embassy. 

I will be visiting her in a week and half, excited! 

Roberto

Timeline
1 hour ago, PirataCoqui said:

Looks like we are on the same timeline! 

My fiancé went to her doctor this week to get most/all of the shots she needed with the hope that they transfer over, since she has prepaid medical plan in Argentina. We are anxiously waiting for that email from the embassy. 

I will be visiting her in a week and half, excited! 

Roberto

Yes! Same timeline. Maybe we'll get similar interview dates, too! 

I'm feeling optimistic about getting the P3 email soon (maybe early/mid next week?). I used the DHL tracker hack that is outlined in all those NOA2-->NVC threads over in the K1 forum. It looks like our paperwork made it down to Buenos Aires a couple hours ago! So the package just has to get picked up from the sort facility by a courier and delivered to the embassy sometime today. I doubt we'll get the P3 email tomorrow, since it seems to take a few days for the embassy to process things. But next week seems certain! (Incidentally, I compared this shipment to the similar one from two weeks ago -- that one arrived on a Friday, but ours is arriving on a Thursday. One day closer!)

image.png.faca1c5cdddefb36bda1c2d1a8b90b9f.png

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

I'm feeling optimistic about getting the P3 email soon (maybe early/mid next week?). I used the DHL tracker hack that is outlined in all those NOA2-->NVC threads over in the K1 forum. It looks like our paperwork made it down to Buenos Aires a couple hours ago! So the package just has to get picked up from the sort facility by a courier and delivered to the embassy sometime today. I doubt we'll get the P3 email tomorrow, since it seems to take a few days for the embassy to process things. But next week seems certain! (Incidentally, I compared this shipment to the similar one from two weeks ago -- that one arrived on a Friday, but ours is arriving on a Thursday. One day closer!)

I am very excited about it all, fingers crossed the notice goes out Friday, :)... we really hoping we can get an app not too far out. 

Roberto 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, PirataCoqui said:

I am very excited about it all, fingers crossed the notice goes out Friday, :)... we really hoping we can get an app not too far out. 

Roberto 

It would be really amazing if we got the notice tomorrow! But I doubt it. Fe.Ta on this thread (who was in the shipment group from two weeks ago) got the P3 notice a full week after the embassy received the DHL shipment. Still, we can dream. :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, ReyOfJakku said:

image.png.faca1c5cdddefb36bda1c2d1a8b90b9f.png

Took just under a week for us to get the p3 email after they received it. Just keep an eye on the ceac tracker :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.