JuliaMary

I-129f questions

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes.  We did ours as a joint letter, but some folks here advocate two separate letters.  Just make sure that you state that you are both free to marry, and that you intend to marry each other within 90 days of the alien fiance's arrival into the US on the K-1 visa.

It can be a joint letter as long as it includes separate acknowledgments.   You can include a single statement of intent and then in the each signature block you include something like "I acknowledge and agree to the above statement" and sign

YMMV

14 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

We went through Auckland, a similarly low-fraud consulate.  We did not include any photos, except for the required passport photos.  We didn't even specify how we initially met.  Just supplied the dates of our visits with coordinating passport stamps, our letters of intent to marry each other within 90 days, and divorce documents, as well as proof of my US citizenship.

In all my time here on VJ, I have come to the conclusion (anecdotally) that adding items not required simply prolongs the process and may even increase RFE risk.

Good luck with your petition!   My advice would be to read as much as possible here.  

For the letter of intent, I have my original letter. For my fiancé, can it be scanned to me with his signature? Or does it need to me the original? 

Hi JuliaMary! My fiance is also from UK and I am also assembling the packet now. My understanding is that the signature on the letter of intent should be original, so he mailed the letter from England. Good to see someone in a similar situation :)

1 hour ago, JuliaMary said:

For the letter of intent, I have my original letter. For my fiancé, can it be scanned to me with his signature? Or does it need to me the original? 

We signed ours together in person, but I believe a scanned signature is just fine.  Please correct if I'm wrong, @payxibka?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

We signed ours together in person, but I believe a scanned signature is just fine.  Please correct if I'm wrong, @payxibka?

The only wet signature that is required for the i129f is the signature on the petition form itself 

YMMV

6 hours ago, azuki said:

I would just recommend explaining each piece of submitted evidence. My fiance and I got an RFE because of lack of details regarding the photographs submitted. Stupid in hindsight, but hopefully a good reminder for others :)

I have put together a table of contents for our primary evidence, 25 separate documents of passport stamps, flight confirmations, plane tickets, visas. The table of contents is detailed. Do you recommend we also write on the actual documents what they are?

I have also put together some secondary evidence, photographs mainly from social media with dates. Most of them have location tags. But do you recommend we write on the photographs with details of dates and where they were taken?

it seems like i am getting mixed signals. Some are saying too much evidence is overwhelming for them. Others are saying the more the better. What do you think? 

4 hours ago, JuliaMary said:

I have put together a table of contents for our primary evidence, 25 separate documents of passport stamps, flight confirmations, plane tickets, visas. The table of contents is detailed. Do you recommend we also write on the actual documents what they are?

I have also put together some secondary evidence, photographs mainly from social media with dates. Most of them have location tags. But do you recommend we write on the photographs with details of dates and where they were taken?

it seems like i am getting mixed signals. Some are saying too much evidence is overwhelming for them. Others are saying the more the better. What do you think? 

It sounds like your table of contents is overly detailed. Our successful application to the UK included the cover letter below in blue:

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed, please find my I-129F Form, Petition for K-1 Fiancé Visa, for XXXXXXXXX and supporting documents.

Contents include:

-       Payment in the amount of $535

-       G-1145

-       I-129F

o   I-129F Part 8 (1 additional page)

o   I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a,

§  Explanation and proof of meeting in person 

§  Beneficiary form I-94

-       Passport style photo (Petitioner)

-       Passport style photo (Beneficiary)

-       Birth certificate (Petitioner)

-       Divorce decree (Beneficiary)

-       Letters certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

Documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents, and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

With our supplement proof of meeting in person for each trip we included passport stamps, flight tickets, AirBnB receipts with our names/locations, photos of us in front of relevant locations with event tickets included for those dates. Everything was scanned, pasted on one word document, and printed in color. We put on the "header" of the word doc identifying the material associated with the beneficiary full name, page number 8 part 2 item number 54 in case documents got out of order at the embassy. We received no RFEs, the info was detailed, clear, but not overly done. We did not include anything from any social media or personal correspondence between us.

Good luck! It's nerve wracking getting it all together yourself, but no one will put as much effort into getting it right as you will. I used the forum a ton and it's been very helpful for us so far! 

Met at a bar: 03/17/17

Engaged: 07/27/18

Filed I129f: 08/06/18

NOA1: 08/13/18

NOA2: 01/09/19

case shipped: 02/05/19

case received: 02/16/19

P3 letter: 02/16/19

Medical: 02/15/19

Interview: 03/05/19 - Approved

Visa received: 03/15/19

US entry (Chicago): 06/13/19

Marriage: 08/17/19

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 09/03/19

NOA1: 09/19/19

Biometrics: 

Timeline
4 hours ago, JuliaMary said:

Quality not quantity. 

I submitted 3 pieces of evidence.   Entry stamp in passport,  two boarding passes of us sitting in adjoining seats on a flight.  That's it.   No photos,  nothing else

YMMV

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Quality not quantity. 

I submitted 3 pieces of evidence.   Entry stamp in passport,  two boarding passes of us sitting in adjoining seats on a flight.  That's it.   No photos,  nothing else

So there’s no need to include every flight we have done to see each other? There’s a lot. Should I pick one from each year we’ve been together? Would you suggest that’s a better idea?

my fiancé has 3 J1 visas in his passport and I definitely feel it’s important to include those. Do you agree? 

Timeline
Just now, JuliaMary said:

So there’s no need to include every flight we have done to see each other? There’s a lot. Should I pick one from each year we’ve been together? Would you suggest that’s a better idea?

my fiancé has 3 J1 visas in his passport and I definitely feel it’s important to include those. Do you agree? 

One meeting in the last two years.   Pick the one you have the best quality evidence 

YMMV

22 minutes ago, shiestand said:

It sounds like your table of contents is overly detailed. Our successful application to the UK included the cover letter below in blue:

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed, please find my I-129F Form, Petition for K-1 Fiancé Visa, for XXXXXXXXX and supporting documents.

Contents include:

-       Payment in the amount of $535

-       G-1145

-       I-129F

o   I-129F Part 8 (1 additional page)

o   I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a,

§  Explanation and proof of meeting in person 

§  Beneficiary form I-94

-       Passport style photo (Petitioner)

-       Passport style photo (Beneficiary)

-       Birth certificate (Petitioner)

-       Divorce decree (Beneficiary)

-       Letters certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

Documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents, and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

With our supplement proof of meeting in person for each trip we included passport stamps, flight tickets, AirBnB receipts with our names/locations, photos of us in front of relevant locations with event tickets included for those dates. Everything was scanned, pasted on one word document, and printed in color. We put on the "header" of the word doc identifying the material associated with the beneficiary full name, page number 8 part 2 item number 54 in case documents got out of order at the embassy. We received no RFEs, the info was detailed, clear, but not overly done. We did not include anything from any social media or personal correspondence between us.

Good luck! It's nerve wracking getting it all together yourself, but no one will put as much effort into getting it right as you will. I used the forum a ton and it's been very helpful for us so far! 

Okay I have all of that. 

We  have been together for almost four years, and have purchased many flights to see each other. Do you think it’s unncessary to include every flight? I was thinking of picking one each of us completed for each year we’ve been together, totaling 6 flights, along with the passport stamps and visas to match (he has 3 J1’s from working in the US for 3 summers). Do you think that sounds like quality evidence?

I’m confused if photographs are good evidence or not. Ours are all from social media because they’re dated with when they were posted. Would you suggest to include these? 

2 minutes ago, JuliaMary said:

Okay I have all of that. 

We  have been together for almost four years, and have purchased many flights to see each other. Do you think it’s unncessary to include every flight? I was thinking of picking one each of us completed for each year we’ve been together, totaling 6 flights, along with the passport stamps and visas to match (he has 3 J1’s from working in the US for 3 summers). Do you think that sounds like quality evidence?

I’m confused if photographs are good evidence or not. Ours are all from social media because they’re dated with when they were posted. Would you suggest to include these? 

I would focus only on your trips from the last 2 years because that's what they're asking for. You could make a note that you met two years previously, and how you met (that it wasn't a marriage broker). I would include his I-94 which would show his trips for the first 2 years, but no further details. I liked including a few photos, but I think that was for my own piece of mind, probably not necessary. 

Met at a bar: 03/17/17

Engaged: 07/27/18

Filed I129f: 08/06/18

NOA1: 08/13/18

NOA2: 01/09/19

case shipped: 02/05/19

case received: 02/16/19

P3 letter: 02/16/19

Medical: 02/15/19

Interview: 03/05/19 - Approved

Visa received: 03/15/19

US entry (Chicago): 06/13/19

Marriage: 08/17/19

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 09/03/19

NOA1: 09/19/19

Biometrics: 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JuliaMary said:

Okay I have all of that. 

Social media posts show a posting date only.   I can post a picture I took 10 years ago  today.  When was the photo taken?  Not the day it was posted 

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Social media posts show a posting date only.   I can post a picture I took 10 years ago  today.  When was the photo taken?  Not the day it was posted 

So how would you suggest I show the photos were taken on a certain date? 

I would like to include photos for my own piece of mind. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.