Jump to content
Annikena

Original documents at Embassy??

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone!

 

I just had a quick question regarding the interview at the embassy. Me and my fiance are gathering documents, and was wondering if the embassy require to see the original W2's? Or if it is enough to just have copies? If they do require to view the originals, will this be given back to me?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Annikena said:

Hey Everyone!

 

I just had a quick question regarding the interview at the embassy. Me and my fiance are gathering documents, and was wondering if the embassy require to see the original W2's? Or if it is enough to just have copies? If they do require to view the originals, will this be given back to me?

 

 

Original w2 is on file with the IRS.  You only ever get copies.


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Annikena said:

Hey Everyone!

 

I just had a quick question regarding the interview at the embassy. Me and my fiance are gathering documents, and was wondering if the embassy require to see the original W2's? Or if it is enough to just have copies? If they do require to view the originals, will this be given back to me?

 

 

Yup, just copies. Also make sure to bring the original birth- and police certificate AND copies, since you won't get the originals back if you don't provide copies (at least that's how it is in the Netherlands)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C90 said:

Yup, just copies. Also make sure to bring the original birth- and police certificate AND copies, since you won't get the originals back if you don't provide copies (at least that's how it is in the Netherlands)

Hello C90 

in my interview it was different as my original documents and photocopies where given back to me but they kept my passport and I have been in AP since dec 2018 till now.

 

have you seen or heard something like my case? Or can you shed some light on this matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jerooz said:

Hello C90 

in my interview it was different as my original documents and photocopies where given back to me but they kept my passport and I have been in AP since dec 2018 till now.

 

have you seen or heard something like my case? Or can you shed some light on this matter?

Did they give you a 221G that they needed more info? Or did they say anything when giving both the copies and the originals back?

 

Going into AP is normal, but I was only in AP for about 3 days. I don't know how Italy works, but in Amsterdam they keep the copies of the police- and birth certificate for your file. So I'm not sure why they gave everything back, unless you already provided them those documents before your interview. The fact that they did keep your passport is good tho. Maybe you could email your consulate and ask them why it takes so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, C90 said:

Did they give you a 221G that they needed more info? Or did they say anything when giving both the copies and the originals back?

 

Going into AP is normal, but I was only in AP for about 3 days. I don't know how Italy works, but in Amsterdam they keep the copies of the police- and birth certificate for your file. So I'm not sure why they gave everything back, unless you already provided them those documents before your interview. The fact that they did keep your passport is good tho. Maybe you could email your consulate and ask them why it takes so long.

Thanks for your reply 

 

i was given 221g and ds5535 on the day of my interview which I submitted the next day 

 

my wife and I are Nigerian origin but she’s a USC and we got married legally here in Italy and she has visited 3 times before my interview in Naples consulate 

 

the wait is depressing and not knowing what’s going on with the case is even worse 

i have had 3 updates on the ceac website since then..well since we have a bona fide marriage I have no fear or whatsoever. Thnx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jerooz said:

Thanks for your reply 

 

i was given 221g and ds5535 on the day of my interview which I submitted the next day 

 

my wife and I are Nigerian origin but she’s a USC and we got married legally here in Italy and she has visited 3 times before my interview in Naples consulate 

 

the wait is depressing and not knowing what’s going on with the case is even worse 

i have had 3 updates on the ceac website since then..well since we have a bona fide marriage I have no fear or whatsoever. Thnx

Don't pin me on this cause I'm not sure, but I know Nigeria is a high fraud country. So maybe cause you're from there (even though you live in Italy) they need more time to make sure your wife isn't bringing you over just for the GC. Based on what I googled about the DS5535 that's what they're doing right now (check for scrutiny) and that can take days, weeks, months and sometimes even year(s). Hang in there, you're almost there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C90 said:

Don't pin me on this cause I'm not sure, but I know Nigeria is a high fraud country. So maybe cause you're from there (even though you live in Italy) they need more time to make sure your wife isn't bringing you over just for the GC. Based on what I googled about the DS5535 that's what they're doing right now (check for scrutiny) and that can take days, weeks, months and sometimes even year(s). Hang in there, you're almost there!

Exactly Nigeria is a high fraud country now I’m getting punished for that 😂 lol 

 

my faith in Christ Jesus will see me through 

 

thank you so much for your time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×