russandraquel

Doing Report of Marriage and passport renewal at Los Angeles Philippines Consulate

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@icanbenobody what part is that? The one I have says details of parties before marriage. Then it’s dividedbetween husband and wife, and you fill up name, last name, middle name, date of birth and stuff for both 

45 minutes ago, Pengunista said:

@icanbenobody what part is that? The one I have says details of parties before marriage. Then it’s dividedbetween husband and wife, and you fill up name, last name, middle name, date of birth and stuff for both 

In that part too but the last name of wife in that box there is word say single so im  confuse where should i put my last name..next to the word single?or leave it?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Pengunista said:

@Chris Duffy don’t I need it? I changed name and when the time comes that I need to renew my Philippine passport I want it to be on my new name. Can you do that without doing ROM?

To renew your passport in your married name yes you need to complete ROM.

(Duffy doesn't want to do ROM for a variety of reasons ;)  :lol: )

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Pengunista said:

@Chris Duffywhen she got her EAD/AP is it in her new name? Since I filed my AOS with EAD/AP if and when I get the combo card and it happens to be in my new name can I use my passport that has my maiden name to travel or does it need to match the name on my EAD/AP combo card?

When traveling internationally your airfare must be booked in the name shown in your passport.

When traveling within the USA you airfare can be booked in the name shown in your combo card/green card.

3 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

How did you guys fill the area on the top of ROM form that say wife last name before marriage?in that box has a big word say "SINGLE" should i put my last name next to that word say single?

ROM is completed in your maiden name.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

11 hours ago, ZKT said:

the nice thing about doing rom in person is you can do your new passport in your married name too. you need to go there in person to actually get your biometrics done and picture taken. anyway, i did mine in 1 day. and i'm so happy i did. less paper work if i mailed it. and then if you do your passport change later on you'd be asked to get a cemar from psa which is a hassle since that's from the phil. i dunno... 1 time going there doesn't sound so bad. i live super far from the la consulate. 4-5 hrs.but yeah did it without any problems! i was in at 8am and out by 3pm.... and that was a super busy day cause it was the day after thanksgiving. so on normal days i hear you can be done with both by 12 or 1pm. 

Yeah well that wasn't a option for us and it certainly isn't a option for everybody. Since you can ONLY do the ROM from the consulate/embassy from where you got married at which for us it was DC. We could not go to the LA consulate to do it because they wouldn't accept it(we tried) so that is why we mailed it to the DC embassy.

You can order a Cemar from the Philippines and get it within 1 week if use FedEx, we did it 2 weeks ago.

33 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

When traveling internationally your airfare must be booked in the name shown in your passport.

When traveling within the USA you airfare can be booked in the name shown in your combo card/green card.

ROM is completed in your maiden name.

Yea yea i know but..where should i write my maiden last name because in that box there is a "single". Maybe i put it next to the word single?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

Yea yea i know but..where should i write my maiden last name because in that box there is a "single". Maybe i put it next to the word single?

That is an "active" form, complete it on the computer, delete the word SINGLE and enter the maiden name.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/2018 Consular Forms/REPORT-OF-MARRIAGE.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

That is an "active" form, complete it on the computer, delete the word SINGLE and enter the maiden name.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/2018 Consular Forms/REPORT-OF-MARRIAGE.pdf

Phew! Thanks Hank

Maybe ill do that.

One more concern... Um Do you guys have any idea if ill be in any trouble with my name change? I use my husband last name but i didnt follow the Philippines tradition.. i drop off my maiden last name and i use my maiden middle name as my married middle name too.. in Philippines i must use my maiden last name right and drop off the maiden middle name? But i didnt do that.. Do you guys have an idea if its gonna be a problem when i decide to renew my passport in my married name? Thanks again

Timeline
Just now, icanbenobody said:

Phew! Thanks Hank

Maybe ill do that.

One more concern... Um Do you guys have any idea if ill be in any trouble with my name change? I use my husband last name but i didnt follow the Philippines tradition.. i drop off my maiden last name and i use my maiden middle name as my married middle name too.. in Philippines i must use my maiden last name right and drop off the maiden middle name? But i didnt do that.. Do you guys have an idea if its gonna be a problem when i decide to renew my passport in my married name? Thanks again

In trouble?  No .. but don't expect PSA to accept a non-traditional name format for ROM.   

Same regarding the passport, don't expect DFA to issue the passport using anything other than traditional naming format. 

Just saying... 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

In trouble?  No .. but don't expect PSA to accept a non-traditional name format for ROM.   

Same regarding the passport, don't expect DFA to issue the passport using anything other than traditional naming format. 

Just saying... 

Sigh i think its a bit of problem to all documents either Philippines or USA and cause a not match middle names. 

Thank you

Timeline
7 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

Sigh i think its a bit of problem to all documents either Philippines or USA and cause a not match middle names. 

Thank you

Not a big issue if green card and passport don't match .. if traveling international simple carry a copy of your marriage certificate

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

21 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not a big issue if green card and passport don't match .. if traveling international simple carry a copy of your marriage certificate

Its what husband trying to convince me too and he said i could simply get a certificate from Philippines embassy stating that its the same person..i guess im worrying so much.

Thankd Hank

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

Its what husband trying to convince me too and he said i could simply get a certificate from Philippines embassy stating that its the same person..i guess im worrying so much.

You don't even need a certificate from the Philippine embassy.  Your marriage certificate will be enough.

Timeline
2 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

Thankd Hank

You don't need a certificate from the Philippine embassy, simply carry a copy of your marriage certificate < this will show why there is a name change.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 5:15 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah well that wasn't a option for us and it certainly isn't a option for everybody. Since you can ONLY do the ROM from the consulate/embassy from where you got married at which for us it was DC. We could not go to the LA consulate to do it because they wouldn't accept it(we tried) so that is why we mailed it to the DC embassy.

You can order a Cemar from the Philippines and get it within 1 week if use FedEx, we did it 2 weeks ago.

hi cyberfx, yeah i know that you lived in pasadena after your wedding in nc... that's why you had to mail yours since your consulate was in dc... i was just saying that to penguinista since they were from sacramento which is not to far which is a 1 hr and a half drive not even as far as my 4-5 hr drive. so they can do both rom and passport renewal. they would still need to go to the consulate anyway to do passport renewal eventually, might as well do it in 1 go right? but yeah, it's up to them how they'd like to do it. it's her/his passport and rom. 

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

EAD:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

AP:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.