BigSkyDreamin

I-129F Advice

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I’m a total rookie with the process...my fiancé (Bolivian) who lives in Malta and I have filed the I-129F only 38 days ago. I don’t even know what the next step is besides waiting. She has an 8 yr old son, who has a Spanish passport. What steps should I be taking to make sure he can come to USA when things move along. Any insight is so appreciated...I tried to understand the charts about timing and the various offices but I’m not grasping the information.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, BigSkyDreamin said:

I’m a total rookie with the process...my fiancé (Bolivian) who lives in Malta and I have filed the I-129F only 38 days ago. I don’t even know what the next step is besides waiting. She has an 8 yr old son, who has a Spanish passport. What steps should I be taking to make sure he can come to USA when things move along. Any insight is so appreciated...I tried to understand the charts about timing and the various offices but I’m not grasping the information.

The child is a derivative k2 based on mom's petition.   When the time comes she will submit a separate visa application to the embassy for the child 

You have a 5 month + wait 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

The child is a derivative k2 based on mom's petition.   When the time comes she will submit a separate visa application to the embassy for the child 

You have a 5 month + wait 

5 months after her approval, his may be approved or 5 months in total?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BigSkyDreamin said:

5 months after her approval, his may be approved or 5 months in total?

No, for mom's petition,  the k1 and k2 visa applications can be applied and approved together after the petition is approved 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No, for mom's petition,  the k1 and k2 visa applications can be applied and approved together after the petition is approved 

...what kind of typical waiting is involved in the K1 and K2 approval process?

Timeline
Just now, BigSkyDreamin said:

...what kind of typical waiting is involved in the K1 and K2 approval process?

The petition process can be anywhere between 6 to 9 months, typical

Then another 30 days or so at NVC

Then it is wholly dependent on the Embassy.  Some are faster than others. some are real slow

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And remember that for a fiance(e) visa, getting the visa is not the end of the immigration process. It's the end of the beginning.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
17 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

And remember that for a fiance(e) visa, getting the visa is not the end of the immigration process. It's the end of the beginning.

Understood...it’ll be a whole lot easier to manage the continuation of the process if we are together when we are working through it. The biggest hurdle is just getting her and her son to the US.

The USCIS (Homeland Security) petition approval is 6 to 9 months.  After that the petition goes to NVC (Department of State).  After they pre-process the petition you will get another tracking number.  At that point you can submit the DS-160 (actual visa application) for each of them.  After that it is medical, the interview and then hopefully POE.  That is the first half of the process but at least you can finish it together.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The USCIS (Homeland Security) petition approval is 6 to 9 months.  After that the petition goes to NVC (Department of State).  After they pre-process the petition you will get another tracking number.  At that point you can submit the DS-160 (actual visa application) for each of them.  After that it is medical, the interview and then hopefully POE.  That is the first half of the process but at least you can finish it together.

Thanks for the information...so plan for at least a year till she will likely have everything in place for them to travel? 

Btw, why was your K1 refused if you don’t mind me asking?

1 minute ago, BigSkyDreamin said:

Thanks for the information...so plan for at least a year till she will likely have everything in place for them to travel? 

Long story short, I failed to disclose a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, BigSkyDreamin said:

Unforgivable omission 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Long story short, I failed to disclose a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest.  

When we are as old as we are,  we can't remember last week 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

When we are as old as we are,  we can't remember last week 

I remembered it but the case was dropped and the arrest was expunged.  RapidVisa told me that I did not need to disclose it.  They were wrong. LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.