EllisAndRenz

Fees everywhere ... now BPI

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

there could be confusion between the market exchange rate and the Embassy exchange rate which is "paddded" to include any "fee" for BPI

One thing I have learned is that ALL filipinos know exactly what the peso/dollar rate is on a daily basis

That theory actually makes sense.

My fiance *ALWAYS* uses 50 to 1 for exchange rate.  Even when it's different.  (Even when it's NOT in her favor.)  It's annoying.

7 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Yes, I had her go to print the slip.  Then she went to BPI bank to pay Visa application.  They took the slip.  They took the money.  They charged an extra "fee" for taking the money (which she had and didn't ask me for).  

Thats normal..they usually charge an extra but not too much. It could just be a dollar or two.

Were so confuse here..so you guys already scheduled the interview?

What is this p3 about?

If youre just asking about the visa fee and the extra charge thats completely normal.

And your fiance might just misunderstood the teller.. bank in pinas usually offer people who who go to their branch to open a bank account and they do/say everything they can so you will open an account with them. 

If you have your interview scheduled and already paid the visa application fee then you guys are ok.. ignore the bpi they are not an immigration officer to deny your visa 😂😂

If theres a mail coming then just wait for it and see what it would say.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, EllisAndRenz said:

My fiance *ALWAYS* uses 50 to 1 for exchange rate.  Even when it's different.  (Even when it's NOT in her favor.)  It's annoying.

Sounds like me haha 50 is the easiest number to think when it comes to exchange rate but im aware that it could change. 😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Todays market rate is 52.61/$1.00

image.png.85991bc9d865cadbab56e1b9f55af885.png

YMMV

2 minutes ago, Ramona M said:

That's for sure! 

We dont have to criticize the OP..we are here to help and im sure they are aware of the future circumstances. He already mentioned it.

OP is just confuse about the payments,opening a bank account which bank seems threatened them that they will get denied if they dont open one lol

I still want to know about the p3 that OP mention though.. i never heard about the p3 in k1 maybe it's new? I dunno

Timeline
30 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Neither one of us got an e-mail in spite of email being on file.  I think that's the letter she got.  I'll have her photo and send it to me.  

I just learned how to schedule from the embassy web-site and we did that.  

You need to visit the Philippines regional forum for understanding the Manila process better 

YMMV

14 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

We dont have to criticize the OP..we are here to help and im sure they are aware of the future circumstances. He already mentioned it.

OP is just confuse about the payments,opening a bank account which bank seems threatened them that they will get denied if they dont open one lol

I still want to know about the p3 that OP mention though.. i never heard about the p3 in k1 maybe it's new? I dunno

I'm agreeing with you about those fees,  that's just the beginning 🙄🙄🙄! Packet 3 is an emailed checklist (depending on the embassy)of things that are required for the interview....

Timeline
15 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You need to visit the Philippines regional forum for understanding the Manila process better 

I've been trying to find it.  Link?  Sorry.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

I've been trying to find it.  Link?  Sorry.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

One member has a website that is fairly accurate as well

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
39 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

Thats normal..they usually charge an extra but not too much. It could just be a dollar or two.

Were so confuse here..so you guys already scheduled the interview?

What is this p3 about?

If youre just asking about the visa fee and the extra charge thats completely normal.

And your fiance might just misunderstood the teller.. bank in pinas usually offer people who who go to their branch to open a bank account and they do/say everything they can so you will open an account with them. 

If you have your interview scheduled and already paid the visa application fee then you guys are ok.. ignore the bpi they are not an immigration officer to deny your visa 😂😂

If theres a mail coming then just wait for it and see what it would say.

Good luck!

Thank you for the kind reply.  

The P3 was probably a mis-understanding on my part.  I'll update when I find out.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Thank you for this !

Timeline

Oh well, where ever and whatever you do converts to fees, fees and more fees... Live in America and you'll  have more dues to pay! It's just the start of the journey so better brace yourself for more fees!

3 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

I ship a package (at expense) and there is a fee at the door for delivery.  (1000 peso).  The embassy ships her P3 packet, and they charge fee for delivery (500 peso). 

She pays Visa fee at the bank, and the bank charge her 500 pesos. 

Why so many fees?

Also the bank teller told her she needs to open a bank account or they will deny the visa.  (She doesn't have a bank account)

Do I need to have her open a bank account?   Why was none of this ever explained before?  (I am very concerned about this bank account requirement)

Because in the Philippines there are fees everywhere. 

There's even a fee to use the public restroom (CR) on some places. 

1 hour ago, Ramona M said:

I'm agreeing with you about those fees,  that's just the beginning 🙄🙄🙄! Packet 3 is an emailed checklist (depending on the embassy)of things that are required for the interview....

This one is from Philippines and i recently came here in the US with k1 visa too so i know most of the process as i process it myself except the I129f.. never heard of p3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.