ReyOfJakku

Medical appointment -- before or after booking the interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi all. I was reviewing this document that is, apparently, what the Argentinian embassy emails out as its Packet 3 instructions: https://ar.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/K1-K3-Instructions-packet.pdf

It contains a list of all items that must be mailed to the embassy. If I'm taking this instruction document 100% literally, it says that the medical appointment should be completed BEFORE we go online to schedule the embassy interview. I'm basing this off of two things in the document. First, one of the items that is supposed to mailed (along with everything else in Packet 3) is a photocopy of the Medical Exam envelope:

image.png.f9ca2d5e0bd09efbbc18fee35f44f724.png

Then, further down in the document, it says that only after all these documents have been mailed to the embassy may we schedule the visa interview.

image.png.e88b77b733a77cf1f858ab76fc37374c.png

But this doesn't seem like it follows the order laid out here on VJ in the guides or in people's timelines. It seems like the typical thing is that, around the same time that people mail back Packet 3 to the embassy, they start booking the appointments for BOTH their medical exam and their embassy interview. And I feel like I've read that the medical exam is supposed to happen pretty close in time to the interview, ideally just a week or two before.

It seems like if this embassy's instructions are correct, there will be a huge gap between the date of the medical exam and the date of the interview. It would take time to get the medical results back, mail in a photocopy along with everything else in Packet 3, and *then* go online to book the first possible embassy interview date -- which might not be available until a month or two later.

Anyway, this is all way far off for me (I'm the USC and I just filed the petition last month). But I'm trying to determine my fiance's likely timeline at whatever point we get into the post-NVC phase.

Might it be acceptable to mail back everything else in Packet 3 except for the copy of the medical envelope? Then move forward with scheduling the medical exam and interview?

image.png

Edited by ReyOfJakku
trying to delete duplicated image

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

medical is done about 2 weeks before interview as u must travel according to date of medical (within 6 months)

you will be told to hand carry medical or it will be mailed by dr to embassy

example only:

in morocco the exam papers (unopened) are hand carried to embassy 

and mailed if the medical is not passed

that is our embassy and of course yours may be different but still the exam is before the interview

you would automatically be put in long AP while they waited for the exam documents if u try it the other way

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

that is our embassy and of course yours may be different but still the exam is before the interview

you would automatically be put in long AP while they waited for the exam documents if u try it the other way

I'm not in any way suggesting that we do the medical exam after HAVING the interview. I'm asking if it's okay to SCHEDULE the interview (as in, go online to book the appointment) before the medical exam has been completed, since it would be possible to also schedule the medical exam so that it happens before the interview.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Visa cannot be approved without the medical 

Yes, I know this. Obviously. I'm only asking about the act of *booking* the interview slot and the medical slot.

What the instructions imply is that you are supposed to fully complete  the medical exam before you can even go online to BOOK the interview slot. So what happens if we do the medical exam, go online, and then see that the next available interview date is two months later? That would mean a 2+ month gap in between the medical and the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

Hi all. I was reviewing this document that is, apparently, what the Argentinian embassy emails out as its Packet 3 instructions: https://ar.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/K1-K3-Instructions-packet.pdf

It contains a list of all items that must be mailed to the embassy. If I'm taking this instruction document 100% literally, it says that the medical appointment should be completed BEFORE we go online to schedule the embassy interview. I'm basing this off of two things in the document. First, one of the items that is supposed to mailed (along with everything else in Packet 3) is a photocopy of the Medical Exam envelope:

Then, further down in the document, it says that only after all these documents have been mailed to the embassy may we schedule the visa interview.

But this doesn't seem like it follows the order laid out here on VJ in the guides or in people's timelines. It seems like the typical thing is that, around the same time that people mail back Packet 3 to the embassy, they start booking the appointments for BOTH their medical exam and their embassy interview. And I feel like I've read that the medical exam is supposed to happen pretty close in time to the interview, ideally just a week or two before.

It seems like if this embassy's instructions are correct, there will be a huge gap between the date of the medical exam and the date of the interview. It would take time to get the medical results back, mail in a photocopy along with everything else in Packet 3, and *then* go online to book the first possible embassy interview date -- which might not be available until a month or two later.

Anyway, this is all way far off for me (I'm the USC and I just filed the petition last month). But I'm trying to determine my fiance's likely timeline at whatever point we get into the post-NVC phase.

Might it be acceptable to mail back everything else in Packet 3 except for the copy of the medical envelope? Then move forward with scheduling the medical exam and interview?

image.png

You can only base the process from others who have interviewed in Argentina,  what other consulates allow is of no relevance 

YMMV

Timeline

Hey!! Im from Argentina too and i have the same question since i dont live in Buenos Aires and i should travel for the medical examn and after travel again for the interview. I have other question. about POLICE CERTIFICATE, the instructions say we get this in “Registro Nacional de Reincidencia” of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights at Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires...is only there? or can be in our province?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lily90 said:

Hey!! Im from Argentina too and i have the same question since i dont live in Buenos Aires and i should travel for the medical examn and after travel again for the interview. I have other question. about POLICE CERTIFICATE, the instructions say we get this in “Registro Nacional de Reincidencia” of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights at Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires...is only there? or can be in our province?

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/justicia

image.thumb.png.1199e1ec1a36d800486a2db0e31f848c.png

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're overthinking this, as you just filed K1 petition a few weeks ago.  Each embassy/consulate is a bit different, and procedures change over time.  129Fs are taking a long time to process these days, so you will wait four or five more months at least, maybe more.  Then NVC takes a few weeks to process the petition and forward it to the appropriate embassy or consulate.  In that six months things may change.  More of the process is gradually being done digitally.  So be patient, and then when you receive the packet from your embassy or consulate, follow the directions exactly as stated at that time, in your packet, and contact that specific embassy/consulate if you have any questions.  

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 1/15/2019 at 1:45 PM, ReyOfJakku said:

image.png

Hi there -- filing from Argentina, as well. We have received our NOA2 and embassy packet and are gathering everything to schedule interview. We have it figured out that you can only schedule interview after you have turned in all of your documents to the embassy (including medical envelope post-exam). Basically... do everything, turn it all into the embassy, then they'll let you get your interview date (usually just a couple of days after). Good lucky!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, lenasophia said:

Hi there -- filing from Argentina, as well. We have received our NOA2 and embassy packet and are gathering everything to schedule interview. We have it figured out that you can only schedule interview after you have turned in all of your documents to the embassy (including medical envelope post-exam). Basically... do everything, turn it all into the embassy, then they'll let you get your interview date (usually just a couple of days after). Good lucky!!

Very helpful, thank you so much! I'm curious: when you were finally able to go get an interview date, was there a lot of availability? What was the soonest interview date available to you at that time? (Or is that what you meant by a couple of days?)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, ReyOfJakku said:

Very helpful, thank you so much! I'm curious: when you were finally able to go get an interview date, was there a lot of availability? What was the soonest interview date available to you at that time? (Or is that what you meant by a couple of days?)

Hi! We actually just emailed the embassy a couple of days ago to ask about interview scheduling and they gave us a date for 2 weeks from now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.