Karenessa

My case number says is not valid?

30 posts in this topic

I sent my package to remove the conditions on my green card back in June 2018. I got a receipt notice on July saying they cashed the check I even saw the transaction on my bank. I just happen to want to check my case online and it says my case number is not correct, I called their number to check at same thing. Because is Saturday I can't talk to anyone there. I'm scared, since I have to travel on July and I'm glad I checked now instead of getting in trouble on the same day of my trip. Has anyone gone through this issue?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Karenessa said:

I sent my package to remove the conditions on my green card back in June 2018. I got a receipt notice on July saying they cashed the check I even saw the transaction on my bank. I just happen to want to check my case online and it says my case number is not correct, I called their number to check at same thing. Because is Saturday I can't talk to anyone there. I'm scared, since I have to travel on July and I'm glad I checked now instead of getting in trouble on the same day of my trip. Has anyone gone through this issue?

Are you checking your case status on myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Not there but on this website has always worked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 

Edited by Karenessa

Timeline
Just now, Karenessa said:

That's the old site.  You need to set up with the one I mentioned previously.

Timeline
Just now, Karenessa said:

It didn't work 😕 it took me to the same website i was before and my number didnt work

Di you set up an account at the new site?   You then need to click on MYUSCIS Icon.  It would not take you back to the old website.

I create an account and then asked me what I wanted to do? I clicked on check status of my case and it took me to the same website I was before to check the case. How do you know that is an "old" site? I used it wiht another receipt notice and it worked so I think my receipt number is the problem

1 minute ago, H&T said:

If you already  have hard copy of NOA1(extension letter) then you don't need to worry. The USCIS systems sometime can be a pain.

That's why I wasn't concerned before but now I'm afraid if when I leave the country on July and I try to entry again they will check the letter and what if nothing shows under that number? Will they stop me at customs and border and not let me in?

2 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Go to my account tab on upper right.  Click Add a paper filed case.

ok I'm trying that now let's see

Timeline
1 minute ago, Karenessa said:

That's why I wasn't concerned before but now I'm afraid if when I leave the country on July and I try to entry again they will check the letter and what if nothing shows under that number? Will they stop me at customs and border and not let me in?

If you have the original letter than you are OK.  But how long is your extension letter for?  12 or 18 months?  Will you be back before it expires?

5 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Go to my account tab on upper right.  Click Add a paper filed case.

:o WOW IT WORKED! Thank you it says it was received on july and they sent a receipt notice. How did you find out about this new way to check the status?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Karenessa said:

:o WOW IT WORKED! Thank you it says it was received on july and they sent a receipt notice. How did you find out about this new way to check the status?

I found out from others here on VJ.  So do you already have an original hardcopy of your extension letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.