Prizm123

Police certificates and Birth certificates

11 posts in this topic

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of the fastest way to get these from Ukraine and Transnistria, specifically Tiraspol. I have given her links to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, but for some reason the one from Moldova does not let us switch the language to Russian or English from Romanian. I gave her the numbers for both Ministries and she also needs to get her birth certificate too, but she is freaking out about getting them because she doesnt know how to get them from Tiraspol or whether she can get them from Chisnau.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of the fastest way to get these from Ukraine and Transnistria, specifically Tiraspol. I have given her links to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, but for some reason the one from Moldova does not let us switch the language to Russian or English from Romanian. I gave her the numbers for both Ministries and she also needs to get her birth certificate too, but she is freaking out about getting them because she doesnt know how to get them from Tiraspol or whether she can get them from Chisnau.

Is it possible for her to go to Moldova and go directly to the goverment agency and get them? You will need both for the interview in Kiev. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

vreshetov.com my wife said to look into this website, they might be able to help you

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

She can order her police record for Ukraine online: http://hsc.gov.ua/  . I'm pretty sure you can get them quickly. They also give you the option of printing it out once it's ready. 

I'm assuming she lost her birth certificate ? She can order copy of her birth certificate in Ukraine here: https://online.minjust.gov.ua/dokumenty/zayava/

These are all official websites. 

Edited by Olichka

i will send these to her. she said something about having her birth certificate sent from Tiraspol where she was born to Zaporzhye where she is at now, but I have no idea what she meant

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

i will send these to her. she said something about having her birth certificate sent from Tiraspol where she was born to Zaporzhye where she is at now, but I have no idea what she meant

sorry, but if she was born outside the Ukraine....how do these links help? Those are Ukranian government websites. Just something to think about, cuz my wifes nationality is Ukranian, but born in Russia. 

she still needs the police report from where she lives now. so it helps

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Transnistria is a shadow zone which formally should be controlled by Moldova pretty much the same way as Donbass should be controlled by Ukraine. This is probably all we know here about it, though It is rather close to Odessa. It is possible that there is a civil register, separate from Moldova, as well as Soviet-time archives, as military actions there were long ago,  just in the beginning of 90s. However, there might be an issue with documents issued (re-issued) by Transnistria itself, because it is not recognised as an independent state the same way Donetsk/Luhansk 'Peoples Republics' aren't, and no documents coming from there are considered valid. So probably Moldova it be. There is absolutely no problem in getting police clearance in Ukraine online, it took me less than a week. 

7 hours ago, HP+IC said:

Transnistria is a shadow zone which formally should be controlled by Moldova pretty much the same way as Donbass should be controlled by Ukraine. This is probably all we know here about it, though It is rather close to Odessa. It is possible that there is a civil register, separate from Moldova, as well as Soviet-time archives, as military actions there were long ago,  just in the beginning of 90s. However, there might be an issue with documents issued (re-issued) by Transnistria itself, because it is not recognised as an independent state the same way Donetsk/Luhansk 'Peoples Republics' aren't, and no documents coming from there are considered valid. So probably Moldova it be. There is absolutely no problem in getting police clearance in Ukraine online, it took me less than a week. 

That is what I was thinking. She just doesn't want to make any mistakes and I told her that this should be a much easier part and that we have time since we do not have an NOA2 yet. I am just trying to get everything in order for when it does happen, hopefully soon.

She was born in the 70s, so i am thinking that maybe that is what she refers to when she said she could transfer her birth certificate. I am really not sure how all of that works from former SSR.

Edited by Prizm123

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That is what I was thinking. She just doesn't want to make any mistakes and I told her that this should be a much easier part and that we have time since we do not have an NOA2 yet. I am just trying to get everything in order for when it does happen, hopefully soon.

She was born in the 70s, so i am thinking that maybe that is what she refers to when she said she could transfer her birth certificate. I am really not sure how all of that works from former SSR.

If she hasn't lost her birth certificate, it is still valid regardless of where it was issued back in the USSR.  If she has, she should have faced this issue long ago and probably resolved it already. If she indeed has lost it and not yet cared to reorder it, it is a long procedure even to restore it within Ukraine, to say nothing about other ex-CIS country being involved which normally takes months if not years. Birth certificate is very difficult to replace so all Ukrainians know that and take extreme care about it. You can not exercise inheritance rights without it and do many other important things. If that is the case, she should go to RAGS (office of registration of civil records) where she now lives and ask them to reissue her BC, they should know what to do and have to officially contact the similar foreign agency covering the area where she was born. Having received the confirmation from Moldova, they will reissue the BC original and mark it as 'duplicate'. However, getting police clearance from Moldova, if necessary, is her direct responsibility. How old was she when she fled to Ukraine? 

she moved to Ukraine when she was 17. she has a copy of her birth certificate, but not an original or certified one, which is what they would need. i do not know if the copy she has would be ok to use but she has never had any problems with it before apparently

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.