Jump to content
Chloe1981

Request for evidence about tax return

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, we we're sent a request for evidence asking for a complete federal tax return 1040 form to be sent. I understand I can get this from the IRS however, my question is can I print out and send a transcript of this form or does it have to be original? It's says it could take up to 75 days to send in the mail and it's $50. I only have till Feb 17th for them to receive this info. 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A printout is fine. Although there may be a challenge getting one given the shutdown.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for now you have no choice but to send what you have as IRS is closed

As soon as the government shutdown is over go to nearest IRS office and get one (free) in case the one u send now is not acceptable to immigration

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks and yes I can't get the 1040 on line at the min. I have 1040EZ form from where we filed our taxes. I'll put a covering letter in explaining this is all we have right now. Hope they don't deny my case. This is our second RFE. We sent a w-2 instead last time.and that was wrong. It didn't state which form last time. We filed our AOS in Feb '18 so almost a year waiting now 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe1981 said:

Thanks and yes I can't get the 1040 on line at the min. I have 1040EZ form from where we filed our taxes. I'll put a covering letter in explaining this is all we have right now. Hope they don't deny my case. This is our second RFE. We sent a w-2 instead last time.and that was wrong. It didn't state which form last time. We filed our AOS in Feb '18 so almost a year waiting now 😥

Hi, so you mean W2s are not accepted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe1981 said:

Hi, we we're sent a request for evidence asking for a complete federal tax return 1040 form to be sent. I understand I can get this from the IRS however, my question is can I print out and send a transcript of this form or does it have to be original? It's says it could take up to 75 days to send in the mail and it's $50. I only have till Feb 17th for them to receive this info. 

Thanks 

Complete returns (return, schedules, W2’s, 1099’s, etc) or a transcript are acceptable. If you send in a return you have to provide all of the income documentation with it.  If you send a transcript you do not.  

 

So send them a copy of your return with all of the attachments and you will be OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe1981 said:

Thanks and yes I can't get the 1040 on line at the min. I have 1040EZ form from where we filed our taxes. I'll put a covering letter in explaining this is all we have right now. Hope they don't deny my case. This is our second RFE. We sent a w-2 instead last time.and that was wrong. It didn't state which form last time. We filed our AOS in Feb '18 so almost a year waiting now 😥

When they requested the 1040, they meant any flavor... 1040, 1040a, 1040ez 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Complete returns (return, schedules, W2’s, 1099’s, etc) or a transcript are acceptable. If you send in a return you have to provide all of the income documentation with it.  If you send a transcript you do not.  

 

So send them a copy of your return with all of the attachments and you will be OK.

We send my husband's w-2 when we got our first RFE it asked for complete federal tax return and we thought w-2 was acceptable but it must not be as 4 months later they've asked for 1040,our second RFE that's why I want to get it right. The w-2 my husband got was literally one sheet so we just sent that 

Edited by Chloe1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chloe1981 said:

We send my husband's w-2 when we got our first RFE it asked for complete federal tax return and we thought w-2 was acceptable but it must not be as 4 months later they've asked for 1040,our second RFE that's why I want to get it right. The w-2 my husband got was literally one sheet so we just sent that 

Regretfully there is nothing in any filing instructions that imply in any way that a W2 alone is adequate.  Make sure that every single document related to that return (and the return itself) is submitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Chloe1981 said:

Hi, we we're sent a request for evidence asking for a complete federal tax return 1040 form to be sent. I understand I can get this from the IRS however, my question is can I print out and send a transcript of this form or does it have to be original? It's says it could take up to 75 days to send in the mail and it's $50. I only have till Feb 17th for them to receive this info. 

Thanks 

 

Chloe--

 

A COMPLETE tax return for immigration is:

  • Your Form 1040EZ (photocopy)
  • Your wage statement(s)- W2 or 1099 (photocopy)

It must be both things. One without the other is not complete.

 

The I-864 affidavit of support tells you in the instructions:

If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×