Matildawr

Expedite EAD - Job "offer" question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So I have been working on my OPT EAD that will expire 2/20. My AOS package have been sent in and today 1/8 I had my biometrics appointment. 

I would like to expedite the EAD if possible because it will be extremely tight on money if my husband have to pay literally everything, and I will go insane if I can't work until May again...

I have a full time job now where I want to keep working. I have also applied for a promotion but those interviews haven't started yet.

As far as expediting with a job "offer", since I technically already have the job but would need to get back to it ASAP. What kind of evidence would I need to provide?

Should the letter be from HR or my store manager, or area manager? Should it say that they need me back asap or what kind of details is goo in the letter?

If I get the promotion, could that be an existential to expedite because they need me in the position asap?

The company I work for is Nationwide and the HR office is located in MA but I'm working at one our our stores in MN. 

Any advice is appreciated. I want to have everything ready when I request expedite. 

Also, can I drop of evidence after theits requested at the local field office? If so, can I just go there or do I need info pass appointment? Or can I only fax it? 

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First, take the bio-app to the office and get it done, today. Don't wait until the scheduled day.

After this, ask your company to issue the letter saying they need the work permit to legally keep you, otherwise you will be terminated from the job. And call the USCIS to put in a request for expedition.

Nothing is guaranteed but at least the request for expedition will trigger the review of your package. If there's any RFE, it will be sent out soon instead of receiving it 4 months down the line.

9 hours ago, Matildawr said:

So I have been working on my OPT EAD that will expire 2/20. My AOS package have been sent in and today 1/8 I had my biometrics appointment. 

I would like to expedite the EAD if possible because it will be extremely tight on money if my husband have to pay literally everything, and I will go insane if I can't work until May again...

I have a full time job now where I want to keep working. I have also applied for a promotion but those interviews haven't started yet.

As far as expediting with a job "offer", since I technically already have the job but would need to get back to it ASAP. What kind of evidence would I need to provide?

Should the letter be from HR or my store manager, or area manager? Should it say that they need me back asap or what kind of details is goo in the letter?

If I get the promotion, could that be an existential to expedite because they need me in the position asap?

The company I work for is Nationwide and the HR office is located in MA but I'm working at one our our stores in MN. 

Any advice is appreciated. I want to have everything ready when I request expedite. 

Also, can I drop of evidence after theits requested at the local field office? If so, can I just go there or do I need info pass appointment? Or can I only fax it? 

Thanks

Promotion might not help you, the better will to navigate this EAD elephant it to showcase that you would loose your job on 2/20 and get into a financial trouble after that. Also you have to reach out to your congressman/senator for expedite/follow-ups with USCIS

Go through the office of your congressman or senator. USCIS had denied my expedite request and told me that I will have to wait for a month before I can apply for another expedite request. The congressman's office called, and not only did they accept the expedite application after a couple of days of the original decision, but also issued me an EAD within 4 days or so of receiving the expedite request from the congressman's office. 

Adjusting from F1 to GC as immediate relative of USC

Nov 15, 2017 Married to USC

July 1st, 2018 - AOS package sent  (I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765 )

July 3rd, 2018 - AOS package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

July 10th, 2018 - Received NOAs via e-notification

July 15th, 2018 - USCIS cashed check

July 14th, 2018 - Received Biometrics appointment

July 25th: RFIE due to incorrect version of I-864

July 31st, 2018 - Biometrics done in Silver Spring, MD

Aud 7th: RFI due to incorrect form I-864

Aug 9th, 2018 - Updated I-864 with supporting documents received

Aug 20th, 2018 - Status Update Online: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Sep 4th, 2018 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" 

Sep 6th, 2018 - Received email from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expeditious handling of EAD 

Sep 7th, 2018 - Documents supporting EAD expedite faxed to USCIS

Sep 18th, 2018 - Told over phone by customer service rep that EAD expedite request was rejected

Sep 20th, 2018 - Received information that congressman's office filed for EAD expedite on Sep 17th

Sep 24th, 2018 - Received information that senator's office filed for EAD expedite (don't know exact date)

Sep 29th, 2018 - Received EAD in my mailbox. Yayyy!

Dec 15th, 2018 - Got a letter saying our interview is scheduled on Jan 14th!

Aug 1st, 2019 - EAD renewal package sent

Sep 20th 2019 - Renewed EAD delivered

Nov 30th 2020 - Green Card (10 year) delivered in mailbox!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I see your EAD was approved.  Congrats.  Was this due to an expidite? or was it just good luck.  I filed around the same time as you and am expecting it next month

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

So I see your EAD was approved.  Congrats.  Was this due to an expidite? or was it just good luck.  I filed around the same time as you and am expecting it next month

I placed an expedite request March 14th, by calling USCIS, on the 19th they looked at the expedite I believe because I got an email that day that the case was under review, and then completed according to my case history for my EAD. On the 23rd I got a notification that card was being produced. I never had to send in any evidence for Financial Loss to Company, which was my reason, so I'm not sure if they just didn't feel like they needed it because my case isn't that complicated (f-1, AOS via marriage, never been out of status, had EAD before) or if it ended up being normal processing for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Matildawr, thank you for sharing. I am on the same boat. OPT EAD

I asked the congressman for help last month and she said she would submit an expedite request for me on 4/22. However, I never called USCIS to tell them that I need to expedite. So now my case history is only Fingerprint was completed.

Should I call USCIS now? I don't see anything related to expediting EAD... 

On 3/25/2019 at 7:37 PM, Matildawr said:

I placed an expedite request March 14th, by calling USCIS, on the 19th they looked at the expedite I believe because I got an email that day that the case was under review, and then completed according to my case history for my EAD. On the 23rd I got a notification that card was being produced. I never had to send in any evidence for Financial Loss to Company, which was my reason, so I'm not sure if they just didn't feel like they needed it because my case isn't that complicated (f-1, AOS via marriage, never been out of status, had EAD before) or if it ended up being normal processing for me. 

Matildawr, thank you for sharing. I am on the same boat. OPT EAD

I asked the congressman for help last month and she said she would submit an expedite request for me on 4/22. However, I never called USCIS to tell them that I need to expedite. So now my case history is only Fingerprint was completed.

Should I call USCIS now? I don't see anything related to expediting EAD... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 6:37 PM, Matildawr said:

I am in almost the exact same situation as you. F1 - STEM OPT - Married USC. Applied for Adjustment of status Jan 2. Applied for AP expedite on March 28. 

My EAD online status just changed on 4/10 to "New Card is Being Produced".

Did you already receive your card? - was it for both EAD & AP?

I am somewhat confused because I needed my AP expedited, and applied for that. But my EAD status on uscis.gov shows that "New Card is Being Produced". I am ASSUMING that this is going to be a combo card. From browsing the forum it seems common place to have EAD status update, and nothing changes with the EAD status. 

Just waiting for the status to change to "Card has been mailed" etc...

Timeline
1 minute ago, michaelwood87 said:

I am in almost the exact same situation as you. F1 - STEM OPT - Married USC. Applied for Adjustment of status Jan 2. Applied for AP expedite on March 28. 

My EAD online status just changed on 4/10 to "New Card is Being Produced".

Did you already receive your card? - was it for both EAD & AP?

I am somewhat confused because I needed my AP expedited, and applied for that. But my EAD status on uscis.gov shows that "New Card is Being Produced". I am ASSUMING that this is going to be a combo card. From browsing the forum it seems common place to have EAD status update, and nothing changes with the EAD status. 

Just waiting for the status to change to "Card has been mailed" etc...

Yes mine was for AP as well! My status online for AP never changed and still haven't but I got the combo card! I got the notification that my card is being produced the 23rd if I remember correctly and then the 26th it was mailed, and I had it in hand the 29th :)

1 minute ago, Matildawr said:

Yes mine was for AP as well! My status online for AP never changed and still haven't but I got the combo card! I got the notification that my card is being produced the 23rd if I remember correctly and then the 26th it was mailed, and I had it in hand the 29th :)

That is positive to know. I am glad to hear that. Thank you for your response. 

I feel like I could qualify to be an Immigration Lawyer after this journey....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.