carlamariec

How to organize all files/evidences

10 posts in this topic

I am in the process of gathering all evidences to file for removal of conditions. Just wanna ask tips on how you did it. How did you organize it? Because of the bulk of evidences, I feel like I am submitting a book. That’s how thick it is. I wonder where you place everything. It wouldn’t even fit inside an envelope. That’s how thick it is!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, carlamariec said:

I am in the process of gathering all evidences to file for removal of conditions. Just wanna ask tips on how you did it. How did you organize it? Because of the bulk of evidences, I feel like I am submitting a book. That’s how thick it is. I wonder where you place everything. It wouldn’t even fit inside an envelope. That’s how thick it is!

Just used paper clip or paper tag to separate different files thats how I'm doing it.Make sure to have cover letter explaining what you have it in whole package and them simply label whetever you have it on evidence.

Edited by Charming12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
9 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

I collected various utility bills, insurances, joint bank account statements. I sent a selection with my petition and I kept collecting for the interview. I kept a selection in a folder. I didn't take let's say 3 years worth of utility bills lol it would be too much. 

yes I just have quarterly uiltities bills together with quarterly bank statment. 2 years worth of bill is too much and same goes with Bank statement.

Don't use binders or anything like that, just make it a neat pile. The most important stuff go first and then supporting/secondary evidence. The primary evidence is financial co-mingling and that you guys live together and support one another. I don't know what evidence you have but your package should look similar to this:

- Form with check stapled to the form

- Cover letter

- Copy of GC

- Copies of ids

- Copy of marriage license

- Affidavits if you have any

- Lease agreement + utility bills

- Taxes

- Joint bank statements

- Medical Insurance (reference letters should be good)

- medical bills/invoices if you have any showing the address

- car insurance, car payments etc 

- other stuff like pictures, phone bills, copies of misc mail showing address etc.

Just keep the things in groups, like Finances, Home Bills, Insurances, and you should be fine 🙂 And remember to go back at least 2 years. Put that in a priority mail box (hopefully you fit in medium) and send it off. Good luck!

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

On 1/1/2019 at 11:02 PM, AlluringSoul said:

Don't use binders or anything like that, just make it a neat pile. The most important stuff go first and then supporting/secondary evidence. The primary evidence is financial co-mingling and that you guys live together and support one another. I don't know what evidence you have but your package should look similar to this:

- Form with check stapled to the form

- Cover letter

- Copy of GC

- Copies of ids

- Copy of marriage license

- Affidavits if you have any

- Lease agreement + utility bills

- Taxes

- Joint bank statements

- Medical Insurance (reference letters should be good)

- medical bills/invoices if you have any showing the address

- car insurance, car payments etc 

- other stuff like pictures, phone bills, copies of misc mail showing address etc.

Just keep the things in groups, like Finances, Home Bills, Insurances, and you should be fine 🙂 And remember to go back at least 2 years. Put that in a priority mail box (hopefully you fit in medium) and send it off. Good luck!

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/1/2019 at 1:22 PM, Charming12 said:

Just used paper clip or paper tag to separate different files thats how I'm doing it.Make sure to have cover letter explaining what you have it in whole package and them simply label whetever you have it on evidence.

Is it ok to staple certain documents together? 

Or should staples not be used at all?

5 hours ago, Justin Jamandre said:

Is it ok to staple certain documents together? 

Or should staples not be used at all?

No staples!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips ---- Here is the tip. Im going to use 2 hole punchers and fastener

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 8.15.07 AM.png

1/12/2019: 90- ROC filing window open
1/17/2019: Mail I-751 Package via USPS Certified Mail 
1/22/2019: Package arrived
1/28/2019: Receive case number via text message  #WACxxxxxxxxxx
2/21/2019: Call USCIS for non-delivery notice receipt
2/29/2019: Receive 18-month extension letter (2 pages)
4/30/2019: Biometric Appt
...waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I removed the staples but now there are holes left behind.

Would you recommend printing out new copies or do you think I'll be alright.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.