linuxma

Question about joint sponsor form i 864 for i-485

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi guys i have ref and uscis ask me to send join sponsor i 846, my wife sister she is married and she wanna fill this form i-485 as join sponsor, my question is she fill tax return jointly  with her husband, should i send them two i-846 form filled with her and her husband with one tax return from.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, linuxma said:

hi guys i have ref and uscis ask me to send join sponsor i 846, my wife sister she is married and she wanna fill this form i-485 as join sponsor, my question is she fill tax return jointly  with her husband, should i send them two i-846 form filled with her and her husband with one tax return from.

Thanks

First answer this:

1. Does your sister earn enough on her own to sponsor her household plus your wife according to the financial poverty guidelines (you would check the gross income on her W2 to determine that)?

2. If not is your sister in law's husband willing to be financially responsible for your wife along with your sister in law for the ten year obligation?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

First answer this:

1. Does your sister earn enough on her own to sponsor her household plus your wife according to the financial poverty guidelines (you would check the gross income on her W2 to determine that)?

2. If not is your sister in law's husband willing to be financially responsible for your wife along with your sister in law for the ten year obligation?

my sister in law and her husband they both wanna support me and fill join sponsor they both make good income, my question is that my sister in law and her husband they have join tax return should both of them fill the form and send it with on tax return and copy of w2

One fills out the I-864. The other fills out an I-864A. It's common for them to ask for an I-864A from a spouse when filed jointly.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

One fills out the I-864. The other fills out an I-864A. It's common for them to ask for an I-864A from a spouse when filed jointly.

awe ok should i send those both forums with one joint tax return 

13 minutes ago, linuxma said:

my sister in law and her husband they both wanna support me and fill join sponsor they both make good income, my question is that my sister in law and her husband they have join tax return should both of them fill the form and send it with on tax return and copy of w2

The first joint sponsor would fill out an I864 in their name (let's say the husband) and then there is a section on it to fill in for the wife's income and her contribution to the household income. The first joint sponsor would provide the complete joint tax return (all pages and schedules) and W2's for both joint sponsors OR simply a joint IRS Transcript. PLUS all other required documents required for a joint sponsor outlined in the I864 instructions for joint sponsors.

The second joint sponsor would have to fill out an I864A (this would be for the wife of you chose to do it that way).  The second joint sponsor would provide the complete joint tax return (all pagrs and schedules) and W2's for both joint sponsors OR simply a joint IRS Transcript.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The first joint sponsor would fill out an I864 in their name (let's say the husband) and then there is a section on it to fill in for the wife's income and her contribution to the household income. The first joint sponsor would provide the complete joint tax return (all pages and schedules) and W2's for both joint sponsors OR simply a joint IRS Transcript. PLUS all other required documents required for a joint sponsor outlined in the I864 instructions for joint sponsors.

The second joint sponsor would have to fill out an I864A (this would be for the wife of you chose to do it that way).  The second joint sponsor would provide the complete joint tax return (all pagrs and schedules) and W2's for both joint sponsors OR simply a joint IRS Transcript.

Awe thanks for your helpful answer I would like to ask you about this list they ask me for it’s dosesn’t include last 6 months work employments or paystubs should I just send them what in the list. I m sorry for all this questions 

E36D6B71-EBFE-4E2E-A762-2B315A64FEA3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, linuxma said:

Awe thanks for your helpful answer I would like to ask you about this list they ask me for it’s dosesn’t include last 6 months work employments or paystubs should I just send them what in the list. I m sorry for all this questions 

E36D6B71-EBFE-4E2E-A762-2B315A64FEA3.jpeg

An Employment verification letter and 6 months of paystubs are optional but it may be worth it in instances where your income has increased since the most recent taxes filed, or to prove stability in cases where your employment income was inconsistent.

Neither are a requirement but if they help, then I say why not. Just dont use them as a replacement for anything that is required ie on the list.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

An Employment verification letter and 6 months of paystubs are optional but it may be worth it in instances where your income has increased since the most recent taxes filed, or to prove stability in cases where your employment income was inconsistent.

Neither are a requirement but if they help, then I say why not. Just dont use them as a replacement for anything that is required ie on the list.

Ok thanks a lot :)

Just as a note, there are 3 separate financial items that must be demonstrated with the I-864 (let alone overcoming the actual public charge concern):

1) Current income (and/or comparable assets) that meets or exceeds the 125% FPL income level. Current income for an employee would be demonstrated via paystubs and/or an employment letter.

2) A copy of at least the most recent year's federal income tax return. Other years are optional.

3) Having filed taxes for at least the past 3 years, or a reason as to why one was not required to file them for any of those years.

The CO then makes a decision on the public charge concern based upon the totality of the circumstances.

Note that tax returns only demonstrate past income for an employee (i.e. if I was laid off, my current income is $0 even if I earned income last year).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijacked post removed. If you have a question regarding your case please start your own thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.