wasp8898

NBI Clearance and Police Clearance

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, wasp8898 said:

hello everyone, 

Just want to know if I need to get both NBI clearance and Police clearance for embassy interview? 

Thanks!

NBI .. YES !    If you lived in a foreign country for 6 months or more .. YES also.

STEP 5 is the checklist:  https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank,

My gf worked in Abu Dhabi for 3 years, and she has been back in the Philippines since Aug. 2015.  

Hank I read where you said if they are out of the Philippines for more than six months then they need both a foreign police clearance and an NBI?

Who do these two reports have to be shown to?

My gf says it is difficult for her to get the foreign police report from Abu Dhabi, so I am trying to get out in front of this issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank,

My gf worked in Abu Dhabi for 3 years, and she has been back in the Philippines since Aug. 2015.  

Hank I read where you said if they are out of the Philippines for more than six months then they need both a foreign police clearance and an NBI?

My gf says it is difficult for her to get the foreign police report from Abu Dhabi<<  can't get the police clearance from the UAE (Abu Dhabi) from outside the country, so I am trying to get out in front of this issue.

NBI and Police clearance are for the visa interview at the embassy.    As for Abu Dhabi .. it is part of the UAE and the police certificate for UAE is only available if applying in person .. so the embassy WAIVES the police certificate requirement for UAE.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

STEP 5 is the checklist for the embassy:  https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

This may be helpful also:  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank,

My gf says it is difficult for her to get the foreign police report from Abu Dhabi, so I am trying to get out in front of this issue.

Not difficult, Impossible.

Read here

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

YMMV

Timeline

Hank,

Many thanks...that is the answer that we were looking for.  My gf has already tried to get her report from Abu Dhabi and it is all but impossible to obtain.  So, thanks in advance for the answer.

1 hour ago, wasp8898 said:

hello everyone, 

Just want to know if I need to get both NBI clearance and Police clearance for embassy interview? 

Thanks!

You need to get a NBI clearance from the Philippines and a PCC from any country you have lived in for more than 6 months at a time. There are a couple questions like the UAE and Qatar where it is next to impossible to get if you're out of that country. 

Timeline

Hank, many thanks in advance...you answered my question in the other thread.  The answer for anyone else reading this is that if a person was working for more than six months in the UAE then the police report requirement is waived by the US Embassy in Manila because it is impossible to obtain a police report from the UAE unless you go to the UAE in person.  So, thanks for a great answer.

6 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank, many thanks in advance...you answered my question in the other thread.  The answer for anyone else reading this is that if a person was working for more than six months in the UAE then the police report requirement is waived by the US Embassy in Manila because it is impossible to obtain a police report from the UAE unless you go to the UAE in person.  So, thanks for a great answer.

This is exactly the case unless you have someone in the UAE that can pick it up for you. But people on FB groups will tell you that you NEED it in order for your visa to be issues to you or to just be approved. This is strictly not the case at all but it is passed around FB visa groups around pinoys like it's the plague and all it does is spread fear in to people. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

This is exactly the case unless you have someone in the UAE that can pick it up for you. But people on FB groups will tell you that you NEED it in order for your visa to be issues to you or to just be approved. This is strictly not the case at all but it is passed around FB visa groups around pinoys like it's the plague and all it does is spread fear in to people. 

Actually according to the document reciprocity site, for the UAE, only the applicant is physically present, doesn't appear to provide for a proxy

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Actually according to the document reciprocity site, for the UAE, only the applicant is physically present, doesn't appear to provide for a proxy

Oh I understand that but having people repeatedly tell me that I am wrong on FB in regards to this is quite frustrating to say the least. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Oh I understand that but having people repeatedly tell me that I am wrong on FB in regards to this is quite frustrating to say the least. 

Unfortunately anecdotal evidence has a tendency to become gospel

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Unfortunately anecdotal evidence has a tendency to become gospel

Anybody who has a Filipino spouse knows this to be true unfortunately. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.