amforever

Scheduling Medical and Interview days apart

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know that it takes a week for medical results to reach the embassy, but is it okay to just have the medical and interview just a day apart? My fiance lives in Northern England, and going down to London twice a week apart isn't ideal. Has anyone had issues scheduling the interview the day after the medical? Is there any specific reason to not do it this way?

05/23/2018 I-129F Sent 

05/25/2018 I-129F NOA1

11/15/2018 I-129F NOA2

11/26/18 NVC Received

12/11/18 Case Number Assigned

12/26/18 Consulate Received (LND)  

01/10/19 Medical Exam

01/24/19 Interview (Approved)😍

01/29/19 Issued on CEAC

02/01/2019 Visa In Hand

02/12/2019 POE ❤️❤️❤️ 

32367259_10216190369772143_667565774679834624_n.jpg

No, although your case will be placed into temporary AP pending the medical results.  My now-husband's medical was on a Monday, interview was on the Thursday, and the medical results arrived at the consulate the next day on Friday.  This was in Auckland, not London, but standard operating procedure would be to keep the passport pending an approved medical.  He had his passport with the visa about a week later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, amforever said:

I know that it takes a week for medical results to reach the embassy, but is it okay to just have the medical and interview just a day apart? My fiance lives in Northern England, and going down to London twice a week apart isn't ideal. Has anyone had issues scheduling the interview the day after the medical? Is there any specific reason to not do it this way?

It takes more like 9-10 working days (2 wks) now in London.  That's if there's nothing further the doctor wants from him.

It will be allowed and he'll get the visa but plan on a longer turn around. 

If medical in his file on day of interview, then visa in hand in 7-8 days from interview. If medical exam is day before, then my estimate is Visa back to him about 4 weeks later. (They won't jump back to his case the day it gets delivered because he got out of the process flow) Plan for that, don't buy plane tickets until the visa is delivered, and all will be fine.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

then my estimate is Visa back to him about 4 weeks later. (They won't jump back to his case the day it gets delivered because he got out of the process flow)

This is basically all I've been looking for to explain my complete lack of updates

Timeline
20 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

This is basically all I've been looking for to explain my complete lack of updates

My guess for her took into consideration a medical one day before interview. Maybe you had some space built in between the two. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

My guess for her took into consideration a medical one day before interview. Maybe you had some space built in between the two. 

I think just knowing that they put less priority into cases without the medical present on interview day is something to consider in my personal case.

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It takes more like 9-10 working days (2 wks) now in London.  That's if there's nothing further the doctor wants from him.

9-10 days to get the medical into his file at the embassy?

I was hoping for the same as the OP because my fiance is un Northern Ireland and two plane tickets and hotels is a lot. We were thinking of making it a vacation and trying to schedule the two close as possible too.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Juls801&Gtr1000 said:

9-10 days to get the medical into his file at the embassy?

I was hoping for the same as the OP because my fiance is un Northern Ireland and two plane tickets and hotels is a lot. We were thinking of making it a vacation and trying to schedule the two close as possible too.

Makes sense because so far away. Just don't build the dream of a visa arriving a week after the interview up in your head. It won't. That only happens when the visa is in the file when you interview and you had all your required documents with you, which aren't much that they ask far. Police certificate needs "No Trace" or best to get the Subject Access Report which clearly lays out any hidden cautions or charges and they don't have to delay checking it out further. "No Live Trace" means there are charges.

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé booked medical and interview on back to back days. 18 days after interview she had vih.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, amforever said:

My fiancé (now husband) had his medical at Knightsbridge in May. He lives about 4 hours from London so he took the train out twice and booked hotels twice for his appointments. His interview was exactly 5 working days after the medical and he was told at the interview that he was approved pending the medical results that hadn’t arrived from Knightsbridge. The medical arrived the next day after the interview and after about 2-3 days his visa was issued.

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.