Jump to content

Beneficiary wants to travel after visa approval

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts



We have recently gotten our NOA2 and hopefully nearly done with the K1 process. Fiance is a PR of Canada but citizen of India. She wants to travel to India for a couple of months before immigrating to US after we get our visa stamp at the consulate. My question is whether it matter if she enter US from India or does she has to enter US from Canada. She would of course enter US within 90 days. 


Looking forward to the replies. 


Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

doesnt matter where she enters but make sure there are no layovers or stops in the US.

5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

Oh, why wouldn't they be allowed to transfer? After the packet has been received wouldn't the vignette in their passport suffice?

Because if she has a layover or stops in the US on the way to india they might take that as the k1 entry. Some people tried to use their "visitor visa" or "esta" but sometimes the officers stamp the passports still wrong and then she cant use her k1 visa anymore, because it has been used.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also - the entrance to the US isn't 90 days. There will be a date on the visa of expiration, it's usually 6 months after the visa is issued or from the medical. Your fiancé must enter the US before that visa expiration date. You then have 90 days to marry after they enter the US.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.