FaithProfessoR

K1 Visa November

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I’m new to this site, I see that a lot of people have been thru the same process that we as a couple are going a this moment. 

Just got quick few question...I did my “timeline” so everyone can go base on that, my fiance she is from Ecuador, I mailed everything with USPS  the 27 of November 2018, they got it on the 30 of November 2018. On December 4  2018 I got my text alert from USCIS saying my case number and I should be expecting something in the mail I-797C. I paid using a credit card (that went well because there litte information about that). 

So to my questions...

I guess our journey will go on to 2019... When a natural year ends does any rules will change because of that? I mean the process overall.

Second I work in the federal goverment are they going to take that under consideration when investigating me? I guess what I want to say is... Is it faster based on that fact? 

Anybody else in the same boat as me filing in november?

Maybe my questions are silly🙂 (sorry for that) I just want to know

Thanks for your time. 

1 hour ago, Stel0&Ari said:

Hello everyone! 

I’m new to this site, I see that a lot of people have been thru the same process that we as a couple are going a this moment. 

Just got quick few question...I did my “timeline” so everyone can go base on that, my fiance she is from Ecuador, I mailed everything with USPS  the 27 of November 2018, they got it on the 30 of November 2018. On December 4  2018 I got my text alert from USCIS saying my case number and I should be expecting something in the mail I-797C. I paid using a credit card (that went well because there litte information about that). 

Welcome to the forum!

Yes you will get your NOA1 with your case number per mail.

There will be your casenumber on it which you can use to check your status on two websites (sometimes only one of them updates, mine for example never updated on the newer website).

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

So to my questions...

I guess our journey will go on to 2019... When a natural year ends does any rules will change because of that? I mean the process overall.

Afaik they have a no RFE policy now, so i hope you submitted everything corretly. Also if there are any changes after that, it will not change anything for you, because they only apply the rules for petitions that come in AFTER the change.

Second I work in the federal goverment are they going to take that under consideration when investigating me? I guess what I want to say is... Is it faster based on that fact? 

No everyone gets treated the same. 

Since you filed late november, i think your NOA1 is gonna have a december date. Other people with that filing month can be found in this thread:

No questions are silly, the members in this forum are very nice and helpful. Especially the user "Greenbaum" usually replies with a lot of useful info!

Edited by Toastbear

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Welcome to the forum!

Yes you will get your NOA1 with your case number per mail.

There will be your casenumber on it which you can use to check your status on two websites (sometimes only one of them updates, mine for example never updated on the newer website).

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Afaik they have a no RFE policy now, so i hope you submitted everything corretly. Also if there are any changes after that, it will not change anything for you, because they only apply the rules for petitions that come in AFTER the change.

No everyone gets treated the same. 

Since you filed late november, i think your NOA1 is gonna have a december date. Other people with that filing month can be found in this thread:

No questions are silly, the members in this forum are very nice and helpful. Especially the user "Greenbaum" usually replies with a lot of useful info!

Wow!!! Thanks for the reply. I checked on the USCIS website it states that it was received on Nov 30th... but I should go by the actual date on the 797c that I will get soon in the mail right? 

3 minutes ago, Stel0&Ari said:

Wow!!! Thanks for the reply. I checked on the USCIS website it states that it was received on Nov 30th... but I should go by the actual date on the 797c that I will get soon in the mail right? 

Oh if you already saw the receive date that should be your noa1.

Here is the link to the november filer thread, but since youre so close to both i would just keep looking at both threads:

Edited by Toastbear

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stel0&Ari said:

Hello everyone! 

So to my questions...

Thanks for your time. 

I filed and got my text receipt with my case number on Friday 12/6.   We can watch this journey together...good luck to you both

3 hours ago, Stel0&Ari said:

Hello everyone! 

So to my questions...

I guess our journey will go on to 2019... When a natural year ends does any rules will change because of that? I mean the process overall. Nothing changes and the wait is the same.

Second I work in the federal goverment are they going to take that under consideration when investigating me? I guess what I want to say is... Is it faster based on that fact? I don't believe that it will be as they will probably do a fresh background check but I am not 100% sure.

Anybody else in the same boat as me filing in November? Check the November thread that Toastbear provided. The link was given and most who are the same meet to discuss and commiserate.

Thanks for your time. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.