peanutismint

Haven't heard anything since NOA2 over a month ago. Can I at least schedule medical?

3 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a silly question but my fiancé and I received our NOA2 approval just over a month ago, and from what I read I assumed the next step would be a letter from the US embassy through my door here in the UK, but nothing yet. They definitely have the right address. Should we/could we call and chase it up yet? Where do we call, the Embassy or somewhere in the US?

Also, I don't live near London but my fiancé is arriving at Heathrow to visit for Christmas. I'm wondering whether I can call and schedule my medical for the same time I have to drive down there to pick her up, to kill two birds with one stone. Can I do this even though I haven't received anything from the embassy yet? We have our case number that I used to submit my DS-160 form, is that all I will need?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, peanutismint said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but my fiancé and I received our NOA2 approval just over a month ago, and from what I read I assumed the next step would be a letter from the US embassy through my door here in the UK, but nothing yet. They definitely have the right address. Should we/could we call and chase it up yet? Where do we call, the Embassy or somewhere in the US?

Also, I don't live near London but my fiancé is arriving at Heathrow to visit for Christmas. I'm wondering whether I can call and schedule my medical for the same time I have to drive down there to pick her up, to kill two birds with one stone. Can I do this even though I haven't received anything from the embassy yet? We have our case number that I used to submit my DS-160 form, is that all I will need?

You can do that if you are prepared for the medical with you police certificate, medical summary from the GP, shots, four photos, etc. I posted the web pages with lists of what to bring in another thread of yours. And you will need something on the day of the exam with your case number on it...the letter from London, one from NVC, or a print of you status from the CEAC site. They don't accept one you wrote down over the phone for the appointment day. But you can give it verbally to make the appointment over the phone.

Thanks for this. 2 questions:

• When you say "medical summary from the GP" - are you just talking about my immunisation/vaccination record? I wasn't aware I needed anything more printed out from my GP.... I'm just doing my police cert now so hoping I can call tomorrow (Monday) and squeeze in an appointment on Thursday when my fiancé arrives in London....
  • Re. the case number - I have a 'confirmation number' that came with my approval message, that starts 'AA......' - is that the case number they'll need? If it's something else I can possibly have my fiancé call the NVC and see if she can get it in time....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.