Smashy

k1 filers - NOV-DEC 2018 NOA2-->Consulate.

628 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, J&K 💕 said:

So I tried to send my packet 3 and i just got an email from them asking for my pr card.. hope after this it won't take too long to get my packet 3. :( 

73F23C10-9BD0-42F3-856D-9823E0A8F5E7.png

same happened to us. We sent the packet 3 and they replied back with this. We sent the proof and had our packet 4 email about 5 days later. We didn't have to send the packet 3 again... so yours might be the same case

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, raptora said:

Maybe a weird question - my fiancee got her visa photos taken, but her eyes are partially closed due to inept photographer. Do you guys think this will be a problem? It's still clearly her... 

Hmm, if it were me, I'd get them re-done. I wouldn't want to risk it...it's such a long/expensive process to get the Visa, I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Timeline
15 hours ago, J&K 💕 said:

So I tried to send my packet 3 and i just got an email from them asking for my pr card.. hope after this it won't take too long to get my packet 3. :( 

73F23C10-9BD0-42F3-856D-9823E0A8F5E7.png

Aww, oh no! Hopefully you can send them the info they need and they'll send you P3 or P4 ASAP! I wish you luck!!

I wonder if this request for PR card is a new thing (or I just never heard about it until this thread)... Is that 3 people now who got that request? 

Also, we just sent in our request to extend our NOA2 validity just in case they don't do it automatically, womp womp. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
15 hours ago, Hook_Grapp said:

same happened to us. We sent the packet 3 and they replied back with this. We sent the proof and had our packet 4 email about 5 days later. We didn't have to send the packet 3 again... so yours might be the same case

Oh I see. Maybe it's really like a must thing now for all that are not citizens. Hoping they'll do the same for me. Thanks :)

5 hours ago, Kathanael said:

Aww, oh no! Hopefully you can send them the info they need and they'll send you P3 or P4 ASAP! I wish you luck!!

Thank you! :) I hope and just wish all be good. It's really makes me frustrated sometime because of all this wait time when in fact you're closer to the goal. 

48 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

I wonder if this request for PR card is a new thing (or I just never heard about it until this thread)... Is that 3 people now who got that request? 

Also, we just sent in our request to extend our NOA2 validity just in case they don't do it automatically, womp womp. 

I actually don't know because I just read some of the people here got one l and some don't. But in my email they said they need to validate first if im a legal resident here whether I'm a student or work permit. but if you're a visitor visa they said you can't have your interview here. I guess its more on validation. :)

Timeline
22 hours ago, raptora said:

Maybe a weird question - my fiancee got her visa photos taken, but her eyes are partially closed due to inept photographer. Do you guys think this will be a problem? It's still clearly her... 

I think it's better to retake it just to be sure too. Besides you can go back to you where you got it and retake it for free. That's what they told me here if there's any problem just bring the receipt. :) 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, J&K 💕 said:

No more slots for march 13 so I just choosed march 20. Goodluck to everyone! :)

Yay!! congrats! :) Good luck to you!!!

Timeline

Hey guys! Might seem like a silly question. But for the packet 3 checklist for Montreal, the page you have to check mark documents, sign and scan, does anyone know if you have to actually put a check mark beside every document requirement, even if it’s not applicable to your case? For example, I’ve never been married, so divorce and previous marriage documents do not apply to me. Do I check mark that anyway even tho it doesn’t apply to me ? I don’t want the embassy to think I just don’t have that document, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Kkimpala said:

Hey guys! Might seem like a silly question. But for the packet 3 checklist for Montreal, the page you have to check mark documents, sign and scan, does anyone know if you have to actually put a check mark beside every document requirement, even if it’s not applicable to your case? For example, I’ve never been married, so divorce and previous marriage documents do not apply to me. Do I check mark that anyway even tho it doesn’t apply to me ? I don’t want the embassy to think I just don’t have that document, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance!

I put a check mark next to the things that applied to me. For those not applicable, I put N/A and they accepted it. The packet 4 arrived four days later.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Vans said:

I put a check mark next to the things that applied to me. For those not applicable, I put N/A and they accepted it. The packet 4 arrived four days later.

Thanks so much! How long did it take for P3 to arrive for you? My case arrived at the embassy on the 24th and I haven’t received anything yet:(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kkimpala said:

Thanks so much! How long did it take for P3 to arrive for you? My case arrived at the embassy on the 24th and I haven’t received anything yet:(

Our case left the NVC at the end of November, then the Consulate asked me for proof of Canadian citizenship (probably because I wasn't born in Canada but have citizenship) in mid-December. P3 arrived January 7. Although no RFEs our case is taking longer than most Canadians I've seen here but that's just the way it is. Don't worry!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.